Brexit - Will the UK tell the EU to fuck off or not?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Sunderland just voted to leave???

WTF man...?
    So what's the score? Y'all staying in the EU or what?
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

From what I'm seeing, it's like British 1861.... most of the votes for secession are in the south!
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Fucking limeys. They are nothing but a headache.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's the Guardian results tracker for anyone interested...

Britain has voted to leave the European Union, by 52% to 48%, but Scotland, London and Northern Ireland all had a majority for remain. Find out how each local authority voted

Since it's a referendum with no candidates, there's no cheesy little animated characters on elevated platforms like there was in their US primary results.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I trust the bookmakers more than anyone else and the odds of Brexit have gone from 5-1 to less than Evens since the vote count started.

Turns out there are even more small minded/ignore statistical facts/racist/protest against status quo for the hell of it voters out there than we thought.

Maybe a warning to take Trump seriously...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks like it's going to be a close one... keeps going back and forth. 70% turnout.... that's better than any American election. Probably helps that you still use paper ballots, so people think their vote will actually be counted.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Never underestimate the fucking stupidity of people.

In most votes there are arguments on one side or the other and you make your choices.

This one was about bullshit. Both sides agreed that a vote to leave would lead to another recession and the devaluation of our currency.

Both sides.

The leave argument was that was a price worth paying in order to
                a) Fix immigration - exactly like the US a fictitious argument when you look at the actual numbers
                b) Get power back from the EU - a fictitious argument when you look at the facts.

The only slight redeeming factor is that we're away from the worst of England because this shit isn't going to wash in Scotland. Lots of amazing great things about England but unfortunately the idiots are now in the majority there.

It's like finding out your wife is cheating on you and you are going to have an expensive divorce but looking forward to better times in a few years.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So is this mostly a UKIP driven thing (UKIP being the British version of "teabaggers", for those who haven't heard of them) Or is it even more extreme than that, like the BNP skinhead types??
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No UKIP got very few votes at the last election and remain low in the polls.

This is like a case study for the USA and you should pay attention. False immigration fear played on by the right combined with disaffected blue collar classes voting against the status quo. The conservatives split between establishment and charismatic leadership.

It's very similar to what is happening in your election and we just did a Trump...

The lesson is don't let your dislike of Clinton let the real fuckwits take over.

Look at our currency already falling through the floor - that could be you in November.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

My state is a guaranteed electoral vote for whomever the "Democratic" nominee is, so I can vote against Hillary with a clean conscience, just like I voted against Obama in 2012. Where I might have to grab a barf bag while filling out the ballot is the Senate race. I absolutely cannot stand the thought of voting for Patty Murray again after she voted for SHAFTA and also was one of those pre-meditated Hillary superdelegates (committed to her BEFORE the primary and refuse to change her mind even after Bernie won this state 73% to 27%)

But if that race is close, I might have to bow to the porcelain god
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you haven't booked a vacation yet come visit Britain this Summer and you can be a millionaire, the pound just collapsed.

I may have to cancel next weeks family vacation at this end and let my US java developer who is a good friend go.

I'm not happy. Actually I'm fucking raging.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So I hear the BBC has called it in favor of the secessionists, even though I'm still seeing a lot of blank spaces on the map at the Guardian page.

How is the pound collapsing already? Asian markets? (I'm assuming the banksters in London are still in bed at this hour)
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The only thing that's helping a little is that it is fucking up the Euro too.

Book your european vacation now, things will no doubt stablize a little later but you will get it super cheap now.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It might well be cheaper, but I don't know if I want to get caught in a civil war....

Speaking of which.. how long do you think it will be before Scottish independence is back on the ballot, since you guys were the one part of the island that was completely against the Brexit?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Shows it's easier to scare people than it is to motivate them.
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...