‘Van Halen: The Studio Albums 1978-1984′ Due For Release March 26th!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

‘Van Halen: The Studio Albums 1978-1984′ Due For Release March 26th!

Might as well make its own thread:

Courtesy VHND:

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

And pasting from the other thread, here's Jeff's response to my question about these "remasters".....

I've emailed Warner Bros. to try to find out if the remastering is any different than it was in 2000. I figure it probably is not any different. I will email you as soon as I know.

The CDs are housed in cardboard slipcases instead of jewel cases. The cardboard slipcases have the all the album's front and back artwork on them. The CDs are made to look like the sticker that is on the middle of all of vinyl LPs, with the Warner Bros. logo, too.

Warner Bros. is making very similar box sets for several other artists. This is definitely not the "box set" that we have all been dreaming of, but I think that's okay because it's not supposed to be that. I'm going to be optimistic and think that this release does not diminish whatever chance we have of still getting the box set of our dreams someday.

I think that the only purpose of this box that is to speed up the selling of the first 6 CDs, and I think it will do that. It's cheaper, and much lighter weight, which will save customers on shipping costs.

I'll let you know on the remastering as soon as I hear. Thanks,
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If they would sell this box set for $30 bucks like Garth Brooks did with his "six pack", I'd buy it.

But then, Garth put at least one "previously unreleased" track on each of those discs too, which was more of an incentive for his fans to buy it.

WB is obviously kicking themselves for letting Van HALEN go to another label. Granted, after the failures of VDIII and the 2004 compilation with those godawful three Hagar tracks, it looked like a bad business decision on paper to keep them on the roster. Guess they should have had a little more faith in the band that gave them 6 multi-platinum albums, two of which exceeded 10 million.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

I suppose it is a fair enough price for anyone who doesn't already have all the albums - £23.99 UK on Amazon.

As far as the original Dave-era goes, I have all the original vinyl albums, the singles from all the albums - including UK, US, Japanese, Belgian, Dutch, German, Spanish, etc., variations of many of those singles, 12" promos, picture discs, and the CD remasters and 180g vinyl reissue of VHI ...

And you know, amongst that veritable flora and fauna of VH single releases there is not a single fucking B-side featuring a non-album cut, nor any additional tracks (as we all know).

Name one other rock band, one other recording artist ... that you can say THAT about ??

I really can't think of any.

I'm sure Warners would love to put out unreleased stuff to give the rest of the catalogue a boost, so I don't think they are holding stuff back. They could at the very fucking least, however, commission a booklet to go with the fucking thing.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

No way will this repackaged bullshit sell...

The current "remasters" are all over the Walmart bins for $5.00 each...

How 'bout they "remaster" the crappy sounding new album and give it a proper sounding bottom end ??

And then what's next, the Cheese years repackaged in cardboard and "remastered" ??

Fuck that...

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

It does seem like WB is drifting into Stones territory with endless repackaging of the same songs. We've already had remasters, BOV1, BOBW, and now the Box Set. How many different ways can they find to sell us Jump?
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

They have been taking lessons from Kiss
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                Not really... at least Chaim will whore out the stuff in the vault, along with repackaging the official catalog.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

Do you suppose this is Ed's big 'February surprise' he was talking about at the end of last year?

Surprise.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    No way will this repackaged bullshit sell...

The current "remasters" are all over the Walmart bins for $5.00 each...
                    I checked BestBuy... they all the remasters ranging from $7.99 to $4.99. So you could pick up the Remastered 6 pack there for $36.94 or pre-order the same thing for $39.95 from the VHstore and wait until late March...

Not exactly marketing genius... But hey I'm sure we could all use our 23rd copy of Jump in a new paper sleeve...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      And the Rolling Stones. Just sell the same old shit in a new package.

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kristy
                        And the Rolling Stones. Just sell the same old shit in a new package.
                        The Stones have cornered that market: New Album, Live Album, Hits Package, hiatus... New Album, Live Album, Hits Package, hiatus... rinse, repeat, count stacks of cash. The only variation is when they do the sneaky end-around play and forgo the new album and tour in support of a Hits Package, scamming the mindless masses into buying something 'new' because it has a couple of new tunes on it.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

What's sad is the fans keep on buying this shit.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

The six pack is the greatest work of any bands in music history!

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

As usual, you are wrong, WARF.

Comment

Working...