Seriously, who buys Nickelback and Daughtery?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Personally, I have no problem with Maroon5... (Well crafted songs, IMO)
    That said, Maroon5 isn't a rock band. It's a pop band.

What's the difference? Rock bands have guitar solos.
    Pop bands build up the song, as if a guitar solo were to appear, but then it cuts to the chorus.
    Which is nearly as annoying (especially to a guitarist) as any drivel put out by Coldplay.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
        Sniper
        • Oct 2009

Daughtery isn't half bad pseudo-rock/country. I like him for a few songs.
        Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

A few of my friends consider nickleback to be a great band who can really rock.I lent um' my copy of savatage "The Dungeons Are Calling",Now they dont think nickleback rock so hard
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

Haha! Because they don't.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7F3O6WYfHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7F3O6WYfHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

"We got any nickleback fans in portugal?"

if you listen real hard you can hear um answer "nooooooooooo"
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.
                that mushroom tune, right?
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  There is no emotional depth there. It's all contrived - the musical equivalent of magnolia.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

How does somebody bean this singer in the head??

Were they training, working on their aim constantly? Can't be easy to have that kind of accuracy.

(Bin):It's that simple. If all you've ever known is MacDonalds, you'll think it's good food.
                    Great point but back in the 70's McD's was better, along with music in general.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

You can't accept Alpo after you've had Prime rib.

After hearing Van Halen, crue and poison didn't have a chance, not that poison did anyway.
                      You can tell whether you are into instruments or not who phones it in and who gives it to you with both barrels because it's in their blood.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                        Unfortunately, my wife buys this stuff. She also thinks the 90's music was the greatest of all times.
                        Of course it depends on which bands your talking about from the 90's. If it's Pantera, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden; then WTF are you complaining about? If it's N'Suck, the Backdoor boys and 98 disease--you must be in hell!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Oh yeah, Nickleback sucks a big fat floppy donkey dick!

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

The same people buy it that buy Bon Jovi and Def Leppard.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

It's just conditioning. People hear this stuff over and over and over and after a while they get drunk or something and hear it and say Oh yeah, I know this tune....
                              Kids who didn't raid their brother's or parent's collection just don't know there's amazing stuff that's gone on so it becomes whatever they're used to that gets the vote.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
                                What's the difference? Rock bands have guitar solos.

You're starting to sound like Kirk Hammet from the Monster video when they wouldn't let him play his solos.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...