X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bluemustard
    Takes Joe 6 months to write an hour worth or comedy.
    I know Dave can do that on the spot and be more funny genious.
    I think if you would time it Dave talks about two and half hours and Joe maybe 20 minutes in total.
    Uncle Manny bought Richrad Pryor's outfit so he'd look sharp on stage.
    Dave knows what he is talking about and I love that he doesn't use a smartphone
    Dave is a genius. The problem with Dave is he has really bad attention deficit disorder and can’t keep his focus on anything for shit. It’s why the dude tanked in radio. It’s too confining for him. Dave couldn’t hold a regular job.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bluemustard
      Dave laughing at own jokes is gold. Also..Joe didn't seem to get all his jokes..was funny to see. Dave talking bout the swords in Japan..Joe looked like a 4 year old kid in school learning about history.

Joe didn’t know what hit him. Ha! Ha! Dave is like experiencing multiple worlds very fast while high on coke.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

$100 to anybody that can sit through that entire thing..Jesus

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          Yeah...I struggled through about 45 minutes of Roth on Rogan in...what, 2010? 2011? 2012? Somewhere in there.

I used to quite enjoy Roth interviews in terms of Roth being an interesting interview subject, but that Rogan interview from several years ago...yeesh. Much like his live vocals, Roth's interview abilities aren't what they once were, either.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            Get high and sit in a room with colorful lights flashing and you might be able to get to the end of it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
              Yeah...I struggled through about 45 minutes of Roth on Rogan in...what, 2010? 2011? 2012? Somewhere in there.

I used to quite enjoy Roth interviews in terms of Roth being an interesting interview subject, but that Rogan interview from several years ago...yeesh. Much like his live vocals, Roth's interview abilities aren't what they once were, either.
              Dave is like having your crazy uncle who is off his meds come over to the house for a visit and he insists staying longer because he has nothing to do.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Dave is like having your crazy uncle who is off his meds come over to the house for a visit and he insists staying longer because he has nothing to do.

100% spot on, there.

Ole Wacky Uncle Dave, who seems to have bulk-purchased Paul Lynde's 70s wardrobe that was collecting moths in a storage unit somewhere in Santa Monica: Hey, watch me bust Funky Chicken Disco Duck moves on my dance mat center stage! Look at my Jazz hands!! Complete with neon green ascot and matching scarf!!!

I mean, is it just me, or does Roth come off more and more like a doddering homosexual bachelor the older he gets?
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Well, it comes to my mind too. The question has been "debated" many times here over the years, and it's still err... questionable.

It seems he mentioned VH in the simple past, didn't he? Grammatically it sounds like it's over, doesn't it?
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                    It seems he mentioned VH in the simple past, didn't he? Grammatically it sounds like it's over, doesn't it?
                    A 3 hour interview without a mention of 'so what are the band doing these days' strikes me as probably meaning that he arranged in advance that wasn't to be mentioned.

As for the tense thing, I don't know about French speakers but people can be pretty sloppy about tenses in English especially sportsmen and musicians.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                      I mean, is it just me, or does Roth come off more and more like a doddering homosexual bachelor the older he gets?
                      I do wonder about these clubs where he dances anonymously for hours to electronic music.

Then again straight techno nightclubs are probably free of Van Halen fans too.
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-02-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Are there really any such things as "straight techno nightclubs"??

I have rarely been to any sort of techno dance clubs, because I can't dance and I hate the music. But even the ones I've been in, the crowd appeared to have a lot of LGBT folks in it, even if it wasn't officially a "gay" club.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As far as I can make out LGBT people do have a lot more fun going out in their later lives than the rest of us which is what made me wonder about the 64 year old dancing all night thing.

It's maybe less about sexuality than just not having kids and recycling partners more.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            I do wonder about these clubs where he dances anonymously for hours to electronic music.

Then again straight techno nightclubs are probably free of Van Halen fans too.
                            He isn't that anonymous if he is known to do so.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                              Veteran
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              As far as I can make out LGBT people do have a lot more fun going out in their later lives than the rest of us which is what made me wonder about the 64 year old dancing all night thing.

It's maybe less about sexuality than just not having kids and recycling partners more.

Can we please just use the word "faggots"......like the good old days?

Stop bending over for those people (pun intended) and end the PC bullshit.

The World has gone to Hell.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                                Can we please just use the word "faggots"......like the good old days?

Stop bending over for those people (pun intended) and end the PC bullshit.

The World has gone to Hell.
                                The world has gone to hell because people take everything seriously. We used to enjoy great comedians who were sarcastic and a bit dark. Now everyone takes everything literally. Listened to the Roth/Rogan interview and they got into talking about this. I agree with Joe. We live in an age of fabricated hate. People are bored and they need to invent something to be angry about. I think that's a big part of it but then we can have fun trolling those people.

Comment

Working...