X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    Yes. Which is why so as long as Al is living you will never see the Van Hagar catalog reissued.
    Not that anybody's asking for that.... except Sammy himself and a handful of sheep over at VH Links.

The only Van Hagar remasters I would buy is instrumental versions.... and they would still have to leave the synthesizer ballads out of it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      If Van Halen keeps re-releasing the original recordings and people keep buying the re-releases, frankly I think it is less a case of Al and/or Wolfie being a pair of assholes for doing so than it is the purchasers being a pack of idiots for paying.
      Not VH, it's Warner Brothers.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Not that anybody's asking for that.... except Sammy himself and a handful of sheep over at VH Links.

The only Van Hagar remasters I would buy is instrumental versions.... and they would still have to leave the synthesizer ballads out of it.
        Yes no one is asking for them. Lol

However, we are led to believe Al hates Spammy with a passion. And doesn't want him making another cent off the recordings.

What took Al so long to realize Sam is a douchebag?
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          That's okay, because apparently the 6-pack catalog is going to be reissued annually in perpetuity.

With no extras, ever, because - assuming 'extras' even exist - why bother with any extras when you can take the path of least effort and keep putting out the old catalog?

If Van Halen keeps re-releasing the original recordings and people keep buying the re-releases, frankly I think it is less a case of Al and/or Wolfie being a pair of assholes for doing so than it is the purchasers being a pack of idiots for paying.
          Speaking of another six-pack reissue, apparently there is a new box set of them that is a Wal-Mart only exclusive.

And get this.....something extra finally in them.....

wait for it.....

Vintage backstage passes (reproduced of course) from each tour!
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Fair point.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Speaking of another six-pack reissue, apparently there is a new box set of them that is a Wal-Mart only exclusive.

wait for it.....

A worthless extra if ever there was one. They might as well throw in a copy of Tokyo Dome while they're at it. ; )

Whatever. From the original vinyl pressings to cassette to the cds I bought in the 1990s, I figure paying for the 6-Pack three times over is enough for me.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

"What? You haven't bought the 6-pack since the 1990s?! Dude, you need to get the remastered 2022 version with the ultra high def mix..."

Fuck that nonsense.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  Yes it is. That’s why Warner Brothers almost got the police involved when Donn Landee refused to turn in the 1984 master tapes. He had gone a bit mad hanging out with Ed too much and probably doing drugs and he didn’t think the master tapes were mixed well enough and held onto them. Warner’s had a release deadline to meet and that music was their property. Not Donn’s, not Eddie’s or Van Halen’s. Ted Templeman managed to talk him out of them but Ted said poor Donn was ready for the nuthouse. Ironically Ted had his own breakdown later. Everyone was losing their marbles.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This really ain't such a bad song without a certain high pitched screech all over the top of it.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Seriously, I really think this "dairy free" Van Hagar box set has potential. You reading this, Alex??
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe I'm crazy or just too high.... but this really could have been a decent song with the proper singer.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

wait for it.....

And apparently.... they did a shitty job pressing the vinyl.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Seriously, I really think this "dairy free" Van Hagar box set has potential. You reading this, Alex??
                              No. Alex doesn’t give a flying fuck.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

And apparently.... they did a shitty job pressing the vinyl.......

I have all my original VH albums. I would make a tape copy off the LP and play the tape instead of the record so my LP’s are in great shape.

Comment

Working...