Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zempi
    Roadie
    • Mar 2012

He hardly barked, great watchdog, but a real gentle giant and really sweet. Just really watched and had a knack for figuring out good and bad people...Loved kids...

Originally posted by sadaist
    hmm...that big bruiser Rotty scares me. When I would clean swimming pools & see them in a backyard I made sure to always have extra treats for them. Better I spend a couple dollars and not lose an ass cheek as I try to hop a fence being chased. Always loved Rottweilers, especially when you overfeed them & get em all fat & lazy.

Comment

• Zempi
      Roadie
      • Mar 2012

The choc lab just does that. He has a sort of crippled foot. I don't remember what he was doing but always wants to play and hyper. It took 4 years for him to settle down.The lightest brown one (calvin) did not like the cat but would not do anything to him but the cat used to tease him-then again he was the first one so he was better than all in his mind and a human. The Rott liked the cat and the cat could do anything to him; the small brown mutt I never fully trusted with the cat; the choc lab likes the cat but too hyper..They were/are not together without me there..since maybe they accidentally play too rough. The cat is not fearful at all. The rott was not the brightest- but the abosolute sweetest. They are all smart though for sure..especially the first brown one (calvin).

And yes-they will also chase and even worse any cat that came in their territory..but not ours. However, you never know that instinct so that is why it was not a free for all if I was not there.

LOL. Is the dark brown one swiping at you with a paw? Like....screw the camera, let's go play! So cute. They get along well with the cat too? It's weird, my boxers would chase any kitty they saw but my cat. They would all snuggle in bed together and they wouldn't even mess with him. It was like their pet kitty too. All others were fair game. Animals are a trip and way smarter than they get credit for.
      Last edited by Zempi; 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• mh5150
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Zempi
        The choc lab just does that. He has a sort of crippled foot. I don't remember what he was doing but always wants to play and hyper. It took 4 years for him to settle down.The lightest brown one (calvin) did not like the cat but would not do anything to him but the cat used to tease him-then again he was the first one so he was better than all in his mind and a human. The Rott liked the cat and the cat could do anything to him; the small brown mutt I never fully trusted with the cat; the choc lab likes the cat but too hyper..They were/are not together without me there..since maybe they accidentally play too rough. The cat is not fearful at all. The rott was not the brightest- but the abosolute sweetest. They are all smart though for sure..especially the first brown one (calvin).

And yes-they will also chase and even worse any cat that came in their territory..but not ours. However, you never know that instinct so that is why it was not a free for all if I was not there.

I introduced this 7 month old dog to my 2 year old cat . The dog always wants to play but cat rules the house

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Zempi
          [ATTACH]8720[/ATTACH][

Last one..
          Beautiful cat, he looks like a King !!
          Last edited by katina; 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by mh5150

Adopted him from my brother in law.they say he is a huskie mix but with what i have no idea
            He has a huskie look, so cute, so the cat rules the house? Good dog.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Just got off the phone with my friend who has lost two dogs in the last week or so. I used to house sit for them a lot, so while they weren't technically "my" dogs, they might as well have been. Knew one of them since he was a puppy. Same friends have also lost two cats in the last year or two, so it's been a rough time.

Dang man. I lost my 2 but they were 21 months apart. I can't even imagine both within a week. I would have been catatonic. Don't think I could have come back from a hit that hard. Thoughts to your friend. It's gonna be a very rough couple months.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Marley

the pic doesn't show it well, but he has these green, green eyes....
                beautiful
                Last edited by fifth element; 05-01-2012, 03:23 AM. Reason: lol...ask and you shall recieve...
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Yesterday I went to visit my dog Suo at the shelter. It was a very nice moment, all the dogs were so happy.
                  My other dog Sarny, passed away last year and she is buried there
                  My little homage to Sarny

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Dang man. I lost my 2 but they were 21 months apart. I can't even imagine both within a week. I would have been catatonic. Don't think I could have come back from a hit that hard. Thoughts to your friend. It's gonna be a very rough couple months.

My two died a year apart and it was rough. Still miss the little freaks.
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• fifth element
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fifth element

Marley

the pic doesn't show it well, but he has these green, green eyes....
                      beautiful
                      thought i'd give you a quick story of how Marley came to be mine...

My daughter and husband decided to move from the mid-west to the west coast...
                      All of a sudden, they realized that they had WAYYYYY too many pets (5) to get an apartment at any kind of reasonable cost, or after that, to rent a home w/out paying large pet fees....
                      so, i got a call going "Mommmmmm.....please.....would you be able to take care of Marley...

at first i thought...uhhhhhhhhh
                      second thought was....hmmmmmm
                      by the time i was done thinking, had decided, why not?

i like cats...and this one needed me...maybe as much as i needeed him at the time.

have never once regretted taking him in....he's a loving, affectionate cat, i love him, my kids love him...
                      (now if i could just keep him from sitting on my keyboard...(he hates anything but HIM in my lap)

lol...Marley has truly enriched our household.
                      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fifth element

lol...Marley has truly enriched our household.

Nice! Thanks for sharing the story. Cats are weird. Okay to pet now & then...but when you get one that becomes YOURS and yours alone. Something special there for sure. Hard to explain. They scare me a little because they are a bit too smart. Smarter than we give them credit for.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          My two died a year apart and it was rough. Still miss the little freaks.

That sucks man. I keep thinking of getting a new puppy but just can't do it yet. Feels like I'm cheating on my buddies a little. and I don't want to forget or replace them. So I'm going to stay petless for the time being and just keep enjoying my memories of them.

I wonder if they are like old couples. You know when one goes the other usually isn't too far behind.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by katina
                            Yesterday I went to visit my dog Suo at the shelter. It was a very nice moment, all the dogs were so happy.
                            My other dog Sarny, passed away last year and she is buried there
                            My little homage to Sarny
                            Sorry Kat, I'm a little confused. Your dog Suo is kept at a shelter? Maybe difference in cultures, but in the US a shelter is a bad thing we try to rescue dogs from.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Sorry Kat, I'm a little confused. Your dog Suo is kept at a shelter? Maybe difference in cultures, but in the US a shelter is a bad thing we try to rescue dogs from.

I am just guessing that she means "old folks home" for pets at this time.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

my boy Nelson, gone last year in March
                                Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...