X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    My use of the phrase ground troops was vague, probably misapplied. What I should have said was along the lines of conventional/non-special operations ground troops engaged in in actual combat rather than primarily an assistance or training role.
    I understad what you're saying, but the Marines sort of are involved, with fire missions at least, but not infantry combat - at least not yet...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      And the asshat regime $5 in tarmac to repair the runway
      The strike was an expensive popgun like something out of Conrad's Heart of Darkness, and I am sort of on the fence about it. But I wouldn't underestimate what the blow of losing even a few aircraft and facilities to the Syrian regime military is as they were once one of the most powerful air-forces in the Middle East and have been severally reduced since the war began. They're struggling to maintain sorties...

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        I understad what you're saying, but the Marines sort of are involved, with fire missions at least, but not infantry combat - at least not yet...
        Yeah, but there was a lack of precision in what I said. If the totality of what I said was taken to a logical extreme, it would be easy to infer what I meant was that there were no US troops in Syria at all at the moment, which certainly is incorrect. Ground troops was my reference to what you rightly and concisely termed as infantry combat. US infantry combat troops alone engaging in unilateral conflict with Syrian factions isn't a winning strategy to my way of thinking.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Surely bombing from offshore alone isn't going to solve the situation in Syria long-term.

By definition it was a deliberate action. It certainly was swift.

Let's give you that it was both measured and proportional.

Where do we go from here?

Am not asking rhetorically because I have a multitude of smug retorts to whatever answer(s) I assume you might give.

Seriously, what do you think should happen next?

Terry, this is what happened next. While Nick, FORD, and sesh demand Trump step down, this has been going on for years.

Get rid of Assad.
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jacksmar
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

The Russians are more-or-less friends with the Iranians that Trump wants to bomb so much, another one of your rightist bullshit inconsistencies. And if you want to save all those starving Koreans, feel free to sign back up old man, because a lot of other Koreans will die in that bloodbath if there is a war at the moment...
            Spoken like a true commlib. Mutually assured destruction right? No other outcome. Watch the Pacific rim skies shortly, prof. I'm closer to centcom than you'd care to know. No need to sign back up. Shaky ol' jerksmear is doing just fine.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

shuthe t fcku up,you stu pid cu nt

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                Spoken like a true commlib. Mutually assured destruction right? No other outcome. Watch the Pacific rim skies shortly, prof. I'm closer to centcom than you'd care to know. No need to sign back up. Shaky ol' jerksmear is doing just fine.
                You're dumber than you'd care to know...

I didn't say anything regarding MAD, moron...

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

You can shut the fuck up, too Wiki Liki Diki Niki

Comment

• jacksmar
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

You're dumber than you'd care to know...

I didn't say anything regarding MAD, moron...
                    No, you didn't prof buffalo. you implied we lose against the iran because the mighty flat broke russian bare is on the low cost oil side of iran. typical. can't fuck with the russians because the dempons are afraid. got to tell the world how mighty russia is, right adlai?

the party moved on down the road to mar-a-lago and the commander in chief is letting the generals do their job. and they're not afraid of lighting up the arctic to take out an airbase. would the leftovers be an ebb or flow, prof?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      You can shut the fuck up, too Wiki Liki Diki Niki
                      Go get high, then fuck off, beauty school dropout...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No, you didn't prof buffalo. you implied we lose against the iran because the mighty flat broke russian bare is on the low cost oil side of iran. typical. can't fuck with the russians because the dempons are afraid. got to tell the world how mighty russia is, right adlai?

the party moved on down the road to mar-a-lago and the commander in chief is letting the generals do their job. and they're not afraid of lighting up the arctic to take out an airbase. would the leftovers be an ebb or flow, prof?
                        Kristy is a pothead loser and you're an incoherent drunk. Can you two sober up and actually post to WHAT I FUCKING SAID?

I was talking about a war in the Korean peninsula, moron.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          shuthe t fcku up,you stu pid cu nt

Comment

• jacksmar
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Kristy is a pothead loser and you're an incoherent drunk. Can you two sober up and actually post to WHAT I FUCKING SAID?

I was talking about a war in the Korean peninsula, moron.
                            i'm so sorry prof. it must have been the words iranians and russians that you used that threw you off.

Trump said he would take care of the NK problem with or without China. One more time, Trump said he would take care of the NK problem with or without China.

find this in your common core curriculum: The US is the UN's designated custodian of the NK/SK cease fire and the ongoing negotiations.

try this prof: If NK goes nuke they will invade SK and will nuke Japan. SK and Japan are thinking that what China is suggesting is their destruction. And China is at its best, is a one party Communist regime.

Screw China and NK. They can be comms or whatever they want to be.
                            BUT, the US simply cannot let NK put a nuclear weapon to our head. ...
                            Last edited by jacksmar; 04-18-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

i'm so sorry prof. it must have been the words iranians and russians that you used that threw you off.

Trump said he would take care of the NK problem with or without China. One more time, Trump said he would take care of the NK problem with or without China.

find this in your common core curriculum: The US is the UN's designated custodian of the NK/SK cease fire and the ongoing negotiations.

try this prof: If NK goes nuke they will invade SK and will nuke Japan. SK and Japan are thinking that what China is suggesting is their destruction. And China is at its best, is a one party Communist regime.

Screw China and NK. They can be comms or whatever they want to be.
                              BUT, the US simply cannot let NK put a nuclear weapon to our head. ...
                              Don't worry, Trump isn't going to fix shit and the North Koreans already have a nuke or three. I'm pretty sure our 4,000 or so warheads will turn them into a parking lot and both South Korea can build nukes on a moment's notice...

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Or maybe the Chinese will just roll in and take Lil' Kim out themselves? They probably don't want to add to their "bully" image, but it becomes a "lesser evil" in their eyes, if the only other option is a shit load of radiation floating around the Northeast provinces of China right when they're trying to clean up their air.

But then of course, there is a little piece of Russia that borders on NK as well, so how would Pooty react if China smacked the Norks down?
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...