X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
    The best way to institute REAL health care reform is by socializing it. Good luck getting a Republican to listen to THAT, though...you know, because it's evil, God hates it, and the next thing you know they'll take your guns away, the dirty bastards!
    Government has the important role of regulating industries when they become price gouging monopolies. Our current problem with the banking industry is because the government deregulated it. So there needs to be some sort of regulation on healthcare to keep the price abuse down. I don't think it would require a complete takeover as the system once worked great as a private industry. What we need is price caps and tort reform. Treat it like a utility. They just can't drive up the power prices on a whim. Do that with healthcare.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Obama's bill is basically you have to buy private insurance or you get fined $3,000. So people who can't afford the insurance will just pay the fine because it's cheaper so people will have less money and no coverage. It's not socialized medicine at all. It's a money grab period. Follow the money. Why are Reid, Pelosi, and Obama pushing it like crazy? They get big perks from big insurance if they do. This isn't about the American people at all. It's greed pure and simple.

I don't think people will pay the fine. It will stir up up more anger and won't solve a thing. People will be mad as hell putting pressure on their state governments to exclude themselves from it. You are starting to see major tension between the states and the federal government even with most states being broke and sucking on the federal tit. I see a rough decade or maybe two ahead.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Obama's bill is basically you have to buy private insurance or you get fined $3,000. So people who can't afford the insurance will just pay the fine because it's cheaper so people will have less money and no coverage. It's not socialized medicine at all. It's a money grab period. Follow the money. Why are Reid, Pelosi, and Obama pushing it like crazy? They get big perks from big insurance if they do. This isn't about the American people at all. It's greed pure and simple.

I don't think people will pay the fine. It will stir up up more anger and won't solve a thing. People will be mad as hell putting pressure on their state governments to exclude themselves from it. You are starting to see major tension between the states and the federal government even with most states being broke and sucking on the federal tit. I see a rough decade or maybe two ahead.

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k

I will say this, considering that Gar is the biggest "Pathological Liar" on this board......he should be an expert on the subject
          Beat me right to that punch fucker....
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Obama's bill is basically you have to buy private insurance or you get fined $3,000.
            Not if you are in a labor union like his backers SEIU who gained exemptions from that in this bill, because the whole idea of working Union is gaining a better deal already thru collective bargaining for health coverage networks like Aetna Metlife and BlueCross.

Nice reacharound from our first Black President.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Maybe you should join a union, GAR. Do they have a douchebag union?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Maybe you should join a union, GAR. Do they have a douchebag union?
                Sure they do...you're the president of it, right?
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Funny, Gar calling someone ELSE a pathological liar.

Figures.

Comment

Working...