X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Ballsy move for my Pens to trade Staal, but Shero had to do it. Staal even refused the same deal he signed with Carolina....

Although, he got a pretty good return, especially with Brandon Sutter....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I thought they received good value in the trade for sure. I was pretty surprised
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Yeah, me too.... Besides Sutter, the D-man Dumoulin just graduated from Boston College, and then they got the Canes #8 overall pick, which they took the D-man Pouliot, plus their own #1 pick.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The talk here is the Sabres pursuing Shane Doan. I love the guy and would be ecstatic if he came here, but at four years $30M he just doesn't score enough...

I think they've done well just getting Steve Ott for Derek Roy (Dallas)....but it won't be enough, as usual...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Ballsy move for my Pens to trade Staal, but Shero had to do it. Staal even refused the same deal he signed with Carolina....

Although, he got a pretty good return, especially with Brandon Sutter....
            I predicted all this years ago in this thread...although I though it woudl be more the cap that would make it necessary to trade Staal
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              The talk here is the Sabres pursuing Shane Doan. I love the guy and would be ecstatic if he came here, but at four years $30M he just doesn't score enough...

I think they've done well just getting Steve Ott for Derek Roy (Dallas)....but it won't be enough, as usual...
              Sorry...what did you say? Can't concentrate on your post...not sure why...
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Shut up!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

You know my feelings on the Cup that got away Nick. You was robbed.

I am sure that high offer is from the Sabres.

Thing is that money almost makes sense in the East. In the West, the addition of Shane is a small piece in terms of a physical presence compared to some of these teams.

Who knows how the league is going to call the game next year. It seems you can't really predict how the game is going to be officiated. The last two years the Cup winner has been a thuggish team.

Will it go back the other way? I dont think anyone knows.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                    You know my feelings on the Cup that got away Nick. You was robbed.
                    We may have been robbed, but it was only of a chance for the Cup with a game 7 in Dallas...

In a way, the Sabres are more often robbed by misfortune. I actually think they came closer to winning the Cup in 2006 when in the conference finals, they entire defense collapsed in injury with three or four starters going down and basically having to play the Rochester Amerks dee the final games. I think they would have whipped the Canes otherwise and certainly would have defeated Edmonton in the Cup Finals...

I am sure that high offer is from the Sabres.

Thing is that money almost makes sense in the East. In the West, the addition of Shane is a small piece in terms of a physical presence compared to some of these teams.

Who knows how the league is going to call the game next year. It seems you can't really predict how the game is going to be officiated. The last two years the Cup winner has been a thuggish team.

Will it go back the other way? I dont think anyone knows.
                    Welp, the Sabres signed the biggest pure goon left in hockey just to deal with the Bruins' Chara and the subtraction of Roy for Ott will help. They may even be a force come playoff time but they just don't have the top-end play-makers to win much more than a couple of series. For the first time in a while, the Bills may actually be more contenders than the Sabres...
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-31-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I would love Shane Doan on my team.....but definitely not for that amount of cheddar.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

CANCELLED!! N:fupunk:HL

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LOL Just the preseason no one fucking cares about anyways. Maybe I should take it a little slower at 4am in the morn...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Nice! I don't see them losing a season this time. Don't know how the league can get past the top 10 teams pushing the envelope with every CBA while the bottom 10 sell 2 for 1 season tickets and bring in a fraction of what it takes to survive in markets they should never be in...boggles the mind. The top teams are tired of subsidising these on a permanent basis and this why there is support from owners to take back that money with direct clawback from the players
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

ESPN 3 (mainly) & 2 are airing the Russian KHL hockey league games starting tonight:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

WGR 550 in Buffalo, NY is reporting that basically Gary Bettman says things did not go well today in meetings with the NHLPA, and that their offer did not come close to the concessions the League was making (50-50 revenue split).

It seems the season now appears to be in more serious jeopardy than at any time previous...

Comment

Working...