ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

They're like the new Kingdom Come...

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

If I recall, the GVF boys are from Von's neighborhood.

I saw the Kingdom Come lads open for the Monsters of Rock in 1988 at the Los Angeles Coliseum... if I recall, it was Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, Scorpions, and Van Hagar. Metallica incited a riot as people were waiting and waiting for the music to begin and it was hot as hell late July, things didn't start until mid late afternoon. A guy next to me brought a huge baggy of joints, he'd light one up, take a hit, pass it to me and say "Take a hit and pass it down..." Went through about fifteen or twenty joints in that manner, I may have lost track after Joint No.5 or No. 6... it was good shit too, so maybe it was only 5 or 6... I digress.

Metallica was on fire but the Scorpions were at the top of their game, sounded fantastic, full of energy, when they played The Zoo 80,000 people singing along, Van Hagar was a bit of a letdown energy-wise... Summer Nights started things off for Van Hagar and after Scorps RYLAH and Dynamite, Summer Nights just sort of plods along at a leisurely pace... and right in the middle of the set When It's Love, Eagles Fly, and Can't Drive 55 just sucked the energy out of the place after the prior couple hours' adrenaline of Metallica and Scorpions. Not sure if it's possible to select a worse trio of songs. EVH solo never fails to disappoint and was the highlight of their set. It was my first and only Van Hagar concert and would end up 19 years before I'd see EVH play live again up here at Key Arena in 2007.

What was the question? Oh, GVF... the new Kingdom Come...

That is all.

Icon™®©
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Gambling addict at work likes the over.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

As the great Commie indicated, GVF are indeed from my neck of the woods. One of our service guys has this huge blowout every year on his farm. He's probably early 60's and he's an old school rock and roll party dude. Has a wife and grown kids now, great career and is just a good guy. But he likes to put on this giant bash every summer. Anyway, he's friends with the parents of the GVF boys. So, a number of years ago, while they were still in High School, the Dad says to this guy, "Why don't you have my boys be one of the bands at your summer blowout?" Ron, the guy I work with told the dude he didn't know they had formed a band, but of course they were welcome to play. They did, and even as green as they were, they were the hits of the party. These kids played any gig they could get, until they broke big. I can see where they get the Kingdom Come comparison, but I think they have surpassed Kingdom Come. I doubt Kingdom Come ever sold out Red Rocks on their own. Being from the tiny town of Frankenmuth, MI, which before GVF, has been most known for their chicken and their giant Christmas store, to selling out venues like Red Rocks, is a pretty great accomplishment in this day and age.

Comment

• silverfish
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Brady is the definition of a pillow biter. Dude wins by cheating and cheats by whining like a little bitch. He's a die hard Trumpublican with a hard on for Reich-wing fascism. Now, I have no doubt he and his shitty team will be victorious tomorrow even though they will be out-coached because BRADY WINS BY CHEATING! Watch that little fucker with a close eye.

Comment

• conmee
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Von,

I have Christmas ornaments from Frankenmuth when I did time in Detroit working for IBM on the GM account (pre-bankruptcy days).

That is all.

Icon™®©
                hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

You dorks still worried about football?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    Anyway, he's friends with the parents of the GVF boys.
                    This reminds me of a few years ago when the SM came in asking me about Biffy Clyro what I thought of them and so on. I dunno how big they are in the US but they have/had been doing well. It turned out she had become friendly with one of their mums.

This is of course the way it should and has to be but for some reason it felt a bit sad to be at that stage...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      You dorks still worried about football?

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Since the NFL is all about betting there was not a site I could find where you can bet the odds on someone suffering a career ending injury like a cervical/spinal cord or blow knee or severe concussion. It's not like these fucksnots have it cumming to them playing this shit game in a god damn pandemic that has cost over 400,000 AMERICAN lives while the owners fuck off to their yachts and Aspen/Hamptons/Bel-Air homes fucking their big titty mistresses when not getting private box hand jobs. So fuck these people. Fuck the NFL. Bunch of greedy, filthy cunts.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ok I'm going with Kansas. I can't support a team with Tom Brady in it.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-07-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            Gambling addict at work likes the over.
                            Lots of people have and it's sitting at 56.

I've bet Under because a combination of contrarianism, luck and knowing almost nothing about it has meant I've won on my annual Super Bowl bet for the last 4 years running.

Comment

• conmee
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I’m not one for identity politics. I don’t dislike Van Halen because Dave is a Jew, I don’t dislike Brady because he’s Republican (he may whine, and occasionally deflate balls, but Belichik was the mastermind when it came to cheating), I don’t dislike Sesh for being drunk, and so on and so forth. I judge a person by the content of their portfolios and the color of their money, not their skin. And truth be told, I quit the NFL the day they moved my hometown Chargers from glorious San Diego to hellhole LA. Haven’t watched an NFL game since which has been 3 or 4 years now. Given that KC is in the same AFC West as the Chargers, I would prefer a Bucs victory. And to split the difference with all you Brady haters, let’s say Brady has a leg injury that forces retirement and Bucs still pull out a victory with a backup QB. Bucs 24 - Queefs 23.

That is all.

Icon™️©️®️

Comment

• conmee
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

If this quote is indeed accurate, then I have never wanted to be a professional sports team owner more than I do right now...

Originally posted by Kristy
                                ...to their yachts and Aspen/Hamptons/Bel-Air homes fucking their big titty mistresses when not getting private box hand jobs.
                                That is all.

Icon™️®️©️

Comment

Working...