X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    If Dave didn't want to rehearse with the band, he should have grabbed THE 6 pack, jumped in the ole Merc, and then drove around all day with the top down, singing along to all these songs. Maybe then he would know them. Maybe then he'd at least attempt to sing them in the proper range.

I think Dave's interests and priorities these days, are anything but Van Halen. Unfortunately, Van Halen is the paycheck that allows him to focus so much on those other interests.

Dave no longer has the passion and hunger.
    Dave wants to be a ninja!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• twobad
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
      My god most of that crowd looked bored out of their minds ! I didn't hate it but.............
      I have found that every show I've been to in the last 8 or 10 years has had a "bored crowd". I suspect this is due to the fact that those people in the front rows (and generally in the good seats) have more money than enthusiasm. When I saw Van Halen in new Orleans in 2012, I had seats in the middle of the area half way up. The day before the show, I scored some 4th row "premium seats" right in front of Eddie (I was very close to "Almost Saved" (thanks for all your great videos )). There were a bunch of empty seats around me, some guy bought half the second row and didn't have bodies to put in the expensive seats!

If it was general admission like in 1981 and 1984 where the most excited, exuberant and physical were pressed up against the barricade you would see arms raised and energy outpouring. Sitting on a padded seat as if you were at home on the couch, leads to a level of enthusiasm about on par with sitting home on the couch.

Reserved seating SUCKS for the poor rock & rollers, but $250 tickets are probably enjoyed by the bands. Also the liability issues pretty much "go away".

Maybe I'll go to Birmingham, AL to see them at Oak Mtn, maybe not- depends on the weather the week of the show.

I've found that most concerts can be better enjoyed on a big screen with a good stereo and youtube driving the show than watching from across an arena where you wind up looking at the screen anyway, even trying consciously not, because the performers are about the size of ants and you can't see any facial expression or detail, just their bodies moving around.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        1:00-1:05.... Dave is too early, Ed and Wolf go "rhyyyyme" just after he's done with "yours in a simple rhyme"...

Rehearse, Dave, you need to rehearse...
        The band sounds awesome.. I'm giving Dave 10 shows to get it together..
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FALCO
          As a total Dave or Graver, the bottom line for me (my $.02 for what it's worth and basically stating the obvious) is that the VH3 are absolutely KILLING IT... No question they are a fine oiled machine and Wolf Van Halen really has brought Van Halen back to MONSTER form with his choices of songs, etc.

David Lee Roth, if he continues to strain and go into even higher registers that I didn't think was possible in certain songs will definitely not last the tour (I cannot fathom singing like that night after night, my vocal cords are hurting just listening to it) ... It has been stated quite a few times (and I am finally going to concede) DLR is what he is now...

There will be NO return to the '07/'08 Diamond David Lee Roth swagger and voice ... even in Feel Your Love Tonight (which was pretty cool) he just goes off on these ridiculous tangents note wise and from what I heard of the DTNA clip and also a bit of Little Guitars, he is all over the place... I still feel were he to sing in regular register he wouldn't be so bad, but... it seriously would also have helped had he actually made the effort to rehearse and learn his own fucking lyrics. And STOP with the fucking "you cant tell what it sounds like over a cell phone bullshit" ... it's close... it's recorded from the fucking show... not suddenly going to sound a million times better... maybe clearer, but Dave will still be yelping like Dave... funny, I see old vids from the past with way less quality equipment and DLR sounds great... so just stop with the stupidity...

I actually had high hopes after seeing LUTS, figuring he reigned himself in, but that was foolish hope, lol...

That being said, I think it will be worth the $20 lawn seats here in South Florida just to enjoy the power of the band (and play in my head the way DLR should be sounding)

FALCO
          \m/ \m/
          Oh shit - Tamarac is in the house! I'm doing lawn for the WPB show as well.. cheap and worth it to hear Eddie.
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Dave wants to be a ninja!
            Well, I don't know about that. But, it seems Dave wants to be anything but the singer for Van Halen. It is very obvious he's doing it for the money.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Well, I don't know about that. But, it seems Dave wants to be anything but the singer for Van Halen. It is very obvious he's doing it for the money.
              Well, his geetar player just ripped him in the press, he isn't happy about the fact that Wolfie is up there (his words, not mine), and who knows what else is rattling around in his head. At this point it pretty much is just a job and maybe you're right, maybe he ain't liking his job no mo'.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

he likes not playing markets fairs no more tho
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Am guessing wolfie at some point as his employer will site dave down for a performance review.
                  Maybe dave will get a kick in the pants off the boss.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    Am guessing wolfie at some point as his employer will site dave down for a performance review.
                    Maybe dave will get a kick in the pants off the boss.
                    Oh yeah, that would go over really well, lol. Dave would rip out the little bit of hair he has left.

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I think most of the delusional people who worship Dave here are willing to make any excuse ( singing in the wrong register, he doesn't care etc etc ) as an excuse or inability to admit he just doesn't have the physical skills to front this band anymore. It's tragic... But at least I'm not in denial that he has been an abomination to the band the past couple years. Dave is done. Does it matter? Nope. The only Van Halen stuff that was untouchable was from 78-84. That's the DLR I want to remember.... Not that god awful trainwreck on stage.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Oh yeah, that would go over really well, lol. Dave would rip out the little bit of hair he has left.
                        Two words ... YO DAVE COUNTRY FAIR TOURING YA JOHN 5 OPERA MUTHER FUCKA ....Neutered Dave would nod and pirouette out of wolfies office

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by WARF
                          I think most of the delusional people who worship Dave here are willing to make any excuse ( singing in the wrong register, he doesn't care etc etc ) as an excuse or inability to admit he just doesn't have the physical skills to front this band anymore. It's tragic... But at least I'm not in denial that he has been an abomination to the band the past couple years. Dave is done. Does it matter? Nope. The only Van Halen stuff that was untouchable was from 78-84. That's the DLR I want to remember.... Not that god awful trainwreck on stage.
                          yip you sho looked unhappy at cafe warf

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            Two words ... YO DAVE COUNTRY FAIR TOURING YA JOHN 5 OPERA MUTHER FUCKA ....Neutered Dave would nod and pirouette out of wolfies office

I hope your wife pours out every single beer you have in the fridge!

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

Sorry if I ruin some soccer moms' excitement..
                              I've just listened to the whole show..
                              DAVE SUCKS
                              The band is great.
                              DAVE SUCKS
                              Stop fondlin' your clit for this gay washed up dude.
                              The band is great

I'm out.. (In Cartman's words.. bwahahaha)

PS: Pavarotti's handkerchief gesture was less gay than Roth's. GET OVER IT. He's done. And so am I.
                              Last edited by philouze; 07-07-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

I hope your wife pours out every single beer you have in the fridge!

woooooah .... WTF

That hurts

Comment

Working...