X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I hope you didn't say 'Hey kids if you come with me back to my place I'll let you touch my owl's head.'

I only do that at Easter time. And it's my bunnys head, not owl.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
      DA FUCK?!

We got tortoises now? HAHAHA! Fucking awesome!

Damn dude. That 1 with the big jagged shell looks prehistoric. So cool!
      very "jurassic" billie's "pyramidding" is actually a defect. it's due to a coupla things, lack of uv light, improper diet/lack of vitamin d3. http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/repti...etabolicbd.htm

she has mbd in her back legs also, however, she's been "livin' right" for almost ten years now and has made great improvements. most keepers agree that a normal life span for these is around 80 years.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

this is baby, we just adopted him to a good home here in the desert. all of our pets are rescues, the sulcatas we foster, the leos are permanent family members

baby.jpg
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          this is baby, we just adopted him to a good home here in the desert. all of our pets are rescues, the sulcatas we foster, the leos are permanent family members

[ATTACH]8589[/ATTACH]
          including the rat terrier,"smokie", we found living in an empty lot behind our house, he was s'posed to go to a good home, the wife decided that would be our home.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            billie's "pyramidding"

I tried that with 5 strippers in Las Vegas once.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

So weird man. Driving through the Mojave from San Diego, through El Centro & then up the middle of nowhere to Blythe.....we always saw just random out of nowhere signs that said "tortoises are protected" with a pic of one. I never knew we had desert tortoises out there. never saw one either. We thought it was so weird. Only turtles I'm familiar with are the big sea turtles down in Baja. Sad thing though when the fishermen set up illegal nets to catch them & do....well, you can probably guess. Such awesome creatures.

*I always dig that show where the millions of baby turtles are making a break for the water trying to avoid all the sea gulls along the way. Run little guys, run!!!! Always pisses me off that the camera crew doesn't shoo away all the birds & let the babies have a clear path to the water.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Here is the owl I got a picture of in October. This photo is severely cropped.

I was shooting photos of the sky using my Nikon and a laptop. About 5 AM, I decided to call it a night.
                Was taking the camera off my tripod when the owl hooted only about 30 feet from me. LOUDLY.
                Scared the crap out of me. Well, I turned my Nikon on, set it to auto, which would make the flash work in the darkness, and I just spun around and took a photo. Sheer luck that I got a photo of it.

Hint....just look for the eyes....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Damn, PB, that was one big sumbitch!

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by gbranton
                    Nah. THIS woman has a lot of cats.

HAHAHA!!!! Having 13 I have a lot of work, but 130 I cannot imagine......the place is so clean and the cats are so tidy and happy!!!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

I SEE HIM!!

lol. Those fuckers are watching you......always watching.

I think part of the allure is that they are nocturnal & shy so we never get to see them. So when we do it's a real treat. I wonder what type that is? He's dark. Fucking scary kinda. Take a picture of the forest at night & see eyes looking back at you.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Damn, PB, that was one big sumbitch!

Damn! Seeing it held by people puts it in perspective. It's at least twice the size I first thought it was.

Comment

• katina
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

Here is the owl I got a picture of in October. This photo is severely cropped.

I was shooting photos of the sky using my Nikon and a laptop. About 5 AM, I decided to call it a night.
                          Was taking the camera off my tripod when the owl hooted only about 30 feet from me. LOUDLY.
                          Scared the crap out of me. Well, I turned my Nikon on, set it to auto, which would make the flash work in the darkness, and I just spun around and took a photo. Sheer luck that I got a photo of it.

Incredible!!! It´s really amazing!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Aww, such a baby.

I'd hate to see your monthly pet food bill. You'd be better off breeding rabbits in the backyard & just letting the big bruiser have at 'em. Yummy bunnies!

*Do you ever just squish his mug?
                            He is such a big goof. He weighs about a buck twenty and sits right on my lap as if he was a toy poodle. Super gentle too. I can do whatever I want to his mug, as long as he is getting my attention and I am physically touching him he is as happy as hell. Yup, he is male.

We have "snuggy time" on the couch every night. I put on an old T shirt and sweatpants (he drools like crazy) and he literally jumps onto my lap and we watch TV. All I have to do is say "up" and he jumps off.

He is well behaved/trained and has to be. He is super strong so I had to make sure he responds to verbal commands. I just love him. Can you tell??

I wish I could afford (to feed) more bullmastiffs. I would love at least one more, and would recommend the breed to anyone who can take the time to train the puppy so they can enjoy the dog.
                            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Cannot say enough how much I love my dog, and dogs in general. I have many dog friends. In fact, in my neighborhood out in the stix I have 8 dog friends spread over 3 of my neighbors homes, lol.

Cannot say what kind of owl that is....they have a unique sound, sorta like a cross between the hoot of a great-horned owl, and the cooing of a turtle dove.

I cannot go more than a few months without hearing them. Sometimes I have heard them having a meeting....where there would be 3 or 4 of them hooting and cackling in a tree for hours at a time.

I have seen one at dusk once....I actually attracted the thing. It was hooting nearby, and I have learned to do a pretty close imitation of one....so I hooted at it, next thing I knew here comes this big brown owl with a round head flying right by house and landing in a tree about 30 feet away. I stepped off my porch and hooted at it again....and it looked at me...saw I was not an owl, and flew away, lol.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Here...extreme closeup...he looks gray in this, but they are actually a light brown color. He was just far enough away that the flash kinda flattened out the colors and stuff.

Comment

Working...