No announcement yet.

KISS News Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Stanley's starting to sound like Dave...

Last edited by ELVIS; 03-21-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
      Scab KISS suck ass.

They are a fucking joke.
      Gene in an interview said he could care less about cheapening the image of KISS. His goal was to make as much money as possible with the band and said the band has to have certain standards of quality to do that. It seems to be working. People are still paying to see this band live.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-21-2012, 01:29 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Actually, Paul Stanley sounds exactly like Madea in that clip...

Comment

• For the last time, Gene, you did NOT discover Van Halen !!!!! You fucking FAILED !!!!
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by fourthcoming View Post
            I'm not gonna lie.....Kiss isn't Kiss without Peter Criss and Ace Frehley.....They still put on a great show.
            Yeah, but it's still like watching the #43 go around the track on Sundays without Richard Petty behind the wheel.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Yeah.... Chaim produced a decent demo tape for Van Halen, but that was about it. His manager and record label were only interested in signing disco acts (Donna Summer, Village People, etc.)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                Yeah.... Chaim produced a decent demo tape for Van Halen, but that was about it. His manager and record label were only interested in signing disco acts (Donna Summer, Village People, etc.)
                Right, and that demo tape failed to get them a record deal....

And that deal didn't come for another year....

I don't need to tell you this.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
                  For the last time, Gene, you did NOT discover Van Halen !!!!! You fucking FAILED !!!!
                  No. Bill Aucoin failed.

Comment

Right, and that demo tape failed to get them a record deal....

And that deal didn't come for another year....

I don't need to tell you this.....
                    Thank's to Mo Austin and Ted Templeman. Oh well. This might have been a blessing. You had Templeman and Donn Landee with that one. Who's knows, if Casablanca signed Van Halen the recording could have been mastered by Eddie Krammer. The thing is, it wouldn't have had that magical California Sunset Blvd. mojo. That music is straight from and bottled at the strip.

Comment

• I thought the demo tape kinda sucked actually.....He wouldn't let the band use their own equipment, and he insisted on using overdubs and double recording. The Warner Brothers demos sound so much better.....Gene did not capture the signature, classic Van Halen sound at all. The tunes are solid.....but that's not because of gene by any means.

Comment

• By the way, checked on ticket prices for their upcoming tour with Crue....

50 clams for lawn seats !!

Didn't bother with anything else....

Comment

By the way, checked on ticket prices for their upcoming tour with Crue....

Didn't bother with anything else....

Seems high, but look at it this way. $25 per headliner. Then it's about right.

HAVE FUN!

take pics or video if you can for us. Especially 'Too Young To Fall In Love' and 'God Of Thunder!'
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

For the last time, Gene, you did NOT discover Van Halen !!!!! You fucking FAILED !!!!

Wasn't it Eugenia who "discovered" Van Halen for the 1st time when she unzipped Jans pants?
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Maybe it is time for me to go to my first Kiss concert. I was a never fan but I might go before it's too late. My first Kiss album was Lick It Up. Maybe that was my first mistake.

Comment

Lawn seats for the Darien Lake, NY show are $36.@ + $14.50 fees so $50. here too.
                                I see the Crue is offering three VIP packages - $1400. for the Meet & Greet pack.
                                Originally posted by sadaist
                                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X