Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Well. I guess I’m done with Van Halen. It’s ran it’s course. All good things come to an end.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

Done with Van Halen?
      Nah, they leave a mighty legacy. Six and a half good albums worth.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

See how to do it properly Dave, more than a shit happens frog cartoon...

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Which, you know...not necessarily expecting Roth to make some emotionally-laden explanation for the cancellations because THAT would kinda ring false...but his response to all of it was this sort of fobbed-off "whatever": at least had he played the Vegas gigs, Roth would have went out with a bang; the half-assed "sorry about your luck" cancellation response comes across like he's ending it with a whimper.

But, we don't always get to dictate our finishes, I suppose.

That's life. Bob-ba-bop-bah zippidy-doo.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2007

This might be a matter of perspective.

Apparently some of her fans weren't quite happy with her little pity party cancellation video:

Amid unsold tickets, cancellations and Covid excuses that don't stack up, it's no wonder fans who
            spent thousands flying to the US only for her to pull out at the last minute aren't going easy on her.

ALISON BOSHOFF: From the start of this year, rumblings had begun to circulate in Vegas. Specifically, it was said that Adele wasn't keen on any spectacular staging.

But since you're already here...

Adele tells fans who are in Vegas for her show to visit her gift store still selling merchandise
            despite gig cancellation which cost them THOUSANDS - then retracts free drink voucher while
            Facetiming fans after realizing they're underage

The singer, 33, offered a free drink token to the disappointed concert-goers during one call, before hastily retracting her proposal after realising they were underage.

or maybe there's more to it...

What DID cause Adele's Vegas meltdown? Singer said to have halted residency because
            managers 'wanted 60-strong choir' to perform Skyfall opening number when she asked for
            'low-key' production

Fans from around the world who spent thousands of pounds are in uproar after Adele this week abruptly axed her Las Vegas residency less than 24 hours before her first concert.

She may've been better off with a frog cartoon. Least then we wouldn't have had to see those gawd-awful
            guitar picks stuck on the ends of her fingers....
            Originally posted by sadaist
            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know much about it and the Daily Mail is a pretty dodgy source of information but the whole thing does reek of a cash grab of biblical proportions by the Adele people.

The 60 person choir may be the clue here. Probably Adele gets a percentage of net but management get their percentage from gross.

She is no spring chicken at this point though and should be more on top of that shit.
              Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-22-2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• silverfish
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

I don't know much about it and the Daily Mail is a pretty dodgy source of information...
                Yeah, I'll grant you they seem more like TMZ than CNN but I guess my point
                was no matter how it's handled, fans aren't gonna like cancellation news.
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• bru87tr
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Looking at that video. Dave doesn’t look or sound his age. He should not be retiring. He needs to sing in that exact register. Boy he looks and sounds great there.
                  "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

Working...