X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    1:00-1:05.... Dave is too early, Ed and Wolf go "rhyyyyme" just after he's done with "yours in a simple rhyme"...

Rehearse, Dave, you need to rehearse...
    Yup but give it a week and this will be worth the entry fee alone.

Kudos to the bass player too.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
      I mean, shit, if Dave had chosen to bail on the initial reunion tour once 2008 rolled around and Ed's level of performance then was just as substandard as Dave's is these days, I wouldn't have blamed Dave (although realistically Roth wouldn't have bailed on a bunch of dates that had already been booked and sold).
      I don't think Dave would have stayed on the 2004 tour like Hagar did, that was a whole different level entirely and something Ed should remember when running his mouth...

Comment

• Nigel
        Roadie
        • Mar 2004

[QUOTE=Terry;1889661]Shit, if left to his own devices, EVH would have drank himself to death 8 years ago.

And the band would probably have been comfortable just serving up the same 20 best-known CVH tunes tour after tour, had Wolf not had the input that he does. Wolf is the one with the ambition now.

Terry, you're knocking it out of the ballpark! I suppose "bitching" about CVH is more interesting than not, but for Christ's sake how many people here could sing for an entire tour at age 60. Maybe when you all reach that age (no matter what shape) you keep in, things will change big time, as they have since the 07/08 run. Dave acted like he was glad to be back; but now that he's fucked the bride again, it's time to go the distance. The second honeymoon is over, but just enjoy the "Vegas version" of CVH.

Perhaps we all want Roth to tell Security "To get the fuck off my stage" and all the antics he used to pull, but everyone would rail him for not acting his age. Do we want him to point out your girlfriend and warn you that he's got his backstage pass ready?

Christ, it's tiring listening to people crap on their favorite band that IS still touring thanks to Wolfgang Van fat Basterd.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I don't think Dave would have stayed on the 2004 tour like Hagar did, that was a whole different level entirely and something Ed should remember when running his mouth...
          I don't seem to remember Al quitting that tour either.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I don't think this has been posted yet - it's 36 minutes and HD.. really nice teaser. Watch this and I think you'll feel a little better about Dave, I did. It's a good recording.

Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• David'sPeeBroth
              Full On Cocktard
              • Mar 2015

[QUOTE=Nigel;1889665]
              Do we want him to point out your girlfriend and warn you that he's got his backstage pass ready?
              Oh no!!!

I'd HATE for my girlfriend to get pulled backstage with Dave. Just imagine all those horrible interior decorating tips he'd give her!

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                I don't think this has been posted yet - it's 36 minutes and HD.. really nice teaser. Watch this and I think you'll feel a little better about Dave, I did. It's a good recording.
                They all three fucked up in Feel Your Love Tonight. That was the first glitch I really heard.

Wait, Dave's a mess on China Town.

Give 'em a few shows to tighten up.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Good little teaser vid. Watching I must say I liked some of the ad libs Dave does at the end of DTNA and I am not a fan of the key he sings that one in. The set list is killer...give them a few shows to tighten up and they'll be good to go.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

I'm listening to the audio that was put up at dime right now. Sound quality is A+.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Loved the old man climb off the drum riser at the end of jump... Getting old is a bitch.
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju
                        Haven't heard/ seen the band play these since my first VH show back in 1980. Very cool other than the fact that Dave is fucking hopeless here. (Not hatin, just stating fact). Did he prepare anything other than his fucking wardrobe for this fucking tour???
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I too believe Dave is capable of doing a much better job vocally live than he has been in the last 3 years. For me, Roth doesn't need to leap around the stage or try and emit those barefoot-on-hot-coals screams. Both of those aspects are (and have been) years behind him. All he has to do is sing the tunes. I can't believe that yelling the tunes is somehow easier than just singing them.
                          I'm still convinced that the biggest factor is lack of practice/rehearsals with the Van Halens... timing isn't synced very well and it just feels like Dave isn't in the same groove with the band. Best simple way to describe it is he sounds like a guest singer rather than a band member.

Another thing I've noticed... on the new "rare" material... very few yelps, yelling verses and ad-libs coming from Dave. He's even staying in a consistent register and you can tell by his body language he's paying attention to his timing and hitting his marks. Far less jazz hands and Tinkerbell strutting... Results are improved singing performance in time with the band.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            I'm still convinced that the biggest factor is lack of practice/rehearsals with the Van Halens... timing isn't synced very well and it just feels like Dave isn't in the same groove with the band. Best simple way to describe it is he sounds like a guest singer rather than a band member.
                            It makes me think of karaoke. Dave isn't leading the charge, he's hanging on for the ride.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              Loved the old man climb off the drum riser at the end of jump... Getting old is a bitch.
                              Yeah...at first you're thinking "he's not gonna jump from there" and then it's an awkward scramble to the stage.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• David'sPeeBroth
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                Far less jazz hands and Tinkerbell strutting...

Comment

Working...