• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    So you need to drive a car to be able to vote?
    No, they ask at the DMV in an effort to get more people to vote. No different than a private organization trying to get people to vote. Just an "as long as you're here, we'll ask."
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What bugs me about it is the lying. If you think that the underclass, people without their shit together shouldn't get to vote because you pay tax and they don't then say that. Go back to the 1900s and say you need to have property a penis and a white face to vote just be honest about it and stop pretending it's about fraud.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's maybe even a valid argument, I'm one of those people that pays tax once a year and it hurts every time. There is a position to be taken that only the people doing that get a vote because they are paying for what the government does. This would at least help us move on a bit culturally because it would stop retired people voting and they are way over represented at the moment because they have the time to vote.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-25-2023, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Same here. Present an ID, they look it up in the hard copy, and sign. We may be able to present a utility bill and make a provisional vote, I don't remember.

There are people who don't want to be "tracked," so they don't get driver's licenses or state ID, or vote. We are asked when we renew our licenses if we're a registered voter, and if not, you're able to sign up.
          Again, ID's should be provided for free by local or state governments bending over backwards to insure senior citizens are represented and don't have to tripe through bureaucratic bullshit. Voters are already fucking registered and I have to sign a book every time I vote as an affidavit. It's a bullshit trope. It's like saying we need to enact laws against succubus's raping our assholes with dildos in the middle of the night. Sure, maybe that's a thing but really it isn't a public safety issue and has almost nothing to do with most peoples reality...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ramaswamy has no chance. It's Kucinich all over again...there are sections of the country that won't vote for him simply because his name sounds funny.
            I remember thinking that it was absolutely fucking impossible that someone called Barack Hussein Obama could be elected...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No, they ask at the DMV in an effort to get more people to vote. No different than a private organization trying to get people to vote. Just an "as long as you're here, we'll ask."
              But not everyone drives and "driving is a privilege". Voting ISN'T! It's a right...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Again, ID's should be provided for free by local or state governments bending over backwards to insure senior citizens are represented and don't have to tripe through bureaucratic bullshit.
                See this has made me angry too because the UK conservatives saw the gerrymandering possibilities of voter ID from the US but there was push back from our strange upper house (unelected senate) which weirdly obviously shouldn't exist but sometimes does the right thing, and so they added provisions like that, So now a big expensive 'big government' waste of taxpayers money is being set up costing literally hundreds of millions to solve a non existent issue invented to try and gerrymander some votes.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

But not everyone drives and "driving is a privilege". Voting ISN'T! It's a right...
                  And if one doesn't drive and would just like a state issued ID for whatever reason, they get it at...wait for it...the DMV!

It isn't tied into having a license or ID, it was an attempt to get more people on the rolls.

As of this April, state issued ID is free for those 17 and older.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And if one doesn't drive and would just like a state issued ID for whatever reason, they get it at...wait for it...the DMV!

It isn't tied into having a license or ID, it was an attempt to get more people on the rolls.

As of this April, state issued ID is free for those 17 and older.
                    And if they can't get to the DMV, and have no computer access then what? (BTW, that's a big thing in the South with elderly black people, which is mainly where this all stems from). In any case someone can vote then fill out a form testifying that they have the right to vote in the even if they don't have an ID. But great we spend so much time worrying about things that are not actually any sort of problem,,,,
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-25-2023, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That's in Ohio I presume not a nation wide thing?

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And if they can't get to the DMV, and have no computer access then what?
                        Then they aren't likely to be voters anyways. The same people I mentioned not wanting to be "tracked" (which is the way they put it). They don't use traditional banking services, they don't use government services, they don't vote. Don't tell me they don't exist because I know plenty of people like that.

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        That's in Ohio I presume not a nation wide thing?
                        Right
                        Last edited by twonabomber; 05-25-2023, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

And if they can't get to the DMV, and have no computer access then what?
                          But they can get to the voting booth?

Oh, wait. They can just mail their ballot! Oh, no. They can't get anywhere to get a fucking stamp to mail it!

Nickdelusional

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Then they aren't likely to be voters anyways. The same people I mentioned not wanting to be "tracked" (which is the way they put it). They don't use traditional banking services, they don't use government services, they don't vote. Don't tell me they don't exist because I know plenty of people like that.
                            Complete horseshit. Please provide any actual evidence of that!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              But they can get to the voting booth?
                              Yeah, they cxan take old people buses to polls. Like you'll soon be doing...

Oh, wait. They can just mail their ballot! Oh, no. They can't get anywhere to get a fucking stamp to mail it!
                              Or like the cunt you voted for, you can try to prevent voters from mailing in ballots by #&&#ta-fucking-DAHHH(**#@& putting up obstacles to voter turnout like limiting where ballots can be dropped off...

But hey, anymore "solutions" nonexistent issues or problems you have?

BTW, isn't that how Trump lost, his voters not being able to get stamps to mail their votes in LOL

Nickdelusional
                              Von douchebag, lets talk about real issues like a woman's right over her own body....

How do you think that's going to work out in a general election?

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Complete horseshit. Please provide any actual evidence of that!
                                That friend I had living here during the pandemic is a prime example. No ID, she had lost her license years ago and has no current valid state issued ID. Doesn't use a bank. Tops up her prepaid cell plan when she can. Makes calls and sends messages from free wifi at Dollar General or wherever she can find it.

Felons (and ex-felons and currently incarcerated) can vote in Ohio. She doesn't. I don't think she ever will...
                                Last edited by twonabomber; 05-25-2023, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...