• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Whatever maybe Ed forgave him to get peace.
      Phone rings.....
      EVH “hello?”

Hagar “ hey brother! Sammy here. You know I was thinking how great it would be to get me back and do a reunion.
      I mean, I’d even let Roth in on it! Your kid too! Anything it takes! I’m down! Mikey just woke up and said he’s in.‘I told him you’d do it babe’ (To M.A. mumbling in background) Mikey just said You wouldnt even have to pay him!
      Anyway, Like I was sayin, love ya brother. I already have a press release written and....”

EVH “Yeah whatever”
      ‘Click’

Sammy immediately contacts blabbermouth.com, announces “love fest”
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have tickets to see Ozzy 2 weeks on Sunday at an arena show which weirdly hasn't officially been cancelled yet(for a 3rd time) even though it would be illegal for him to play in my garage at the moment.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Can't say I was shocked by the news, given that Ed has been ailing to varying degrees for the last twenty years. The photos of him that did surface over the last year...he didn't look good.

Even though it wasn't surprising, it's still sad. Hearing the news brought back this wave of memories for me. Remembering when I first heard Van Halen. All the hours in the early 1980s spent trying to figure out how he was doing what he was doing...how he was making the guitar sound the way he did. Watching those live Fair Warning promo videos on MTV, and Ed is just ripping those licks out with that shit eating grin on his face.

For however things turned out in the end for the band - most of their post 1984 output and undertakings weren't of interest to me - what Ed did re: rock guitar...a million people have said a million things over the last two days already. What else can one say? An icon and a legend. I've listened to the 6 pack stuff so much over the last 40 years it's to the point where I don't even need to listen to it anymore, because that music is just burned into my brain.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I have tickets to see Ozzy 2 weeks on Sunday at an arena show which weirdly hasn't officially been cancelled yet(for a 3rd time) even though it would be illegal for him to play in my garage at the moment.
            Don't go Sesh! Even though your vodka soaked insides would probably kill the Covid, I don't want you to take that chance!

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Thirteen years ago tonight...the first of three shows in a week. Two Toronto shows with Cleveland in the middle on DLR's birthday. And then the Montreal road trip less than a month later.

'Twas a good month...
              I really wanted to go to that Cleveland show in 2007. I was so fuckin' jazzed about Dave being back that I was ready to pay $400 to $500 for a floor ticket within 20 rows of the stage.

Unfortunately, the lady I was dating at the time had some work obligations she couldn't get out of and I didn't wanna piss her off by going myself. Luckily, we caught the VH boys in Pittsburgh the following April but that Cleveland show was among the very first of that reunion tour and I was watching clips on YouTube and they were really impressing me.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                I really wanted to go to that Cleveland show in 2007. I was so fuckin' jazzed about Dave being back that I was ready to pay $400 to $500 for a floor ticket within 20 rows of the stage.

Unfortunately, the lady I was dating at the time had some work obligations she couldn't get out of and I didn't wanna piss her off by going myself. Luckily, we caught the VH boys in Pittsburgh the following April but that Cleveland show was among the very first of that reunion tour and I was watching clips on YouTube and they were really impressing me.
                2nd show was tight..

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

R.I.P Ed, it's been a hell of a ride
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    2nd show was tight..
                    To this day the most I've ever paid to go to a show, ours was Baltimore in May 2008. Great show although Eddie was only at 80% Dave was maybe the best vocally I've seen him. On the second tour and the live album that seemed to swap,

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      Can't say I was shocked by the news, given that Ed has been ailing to varying degrees for the last twenty years. The photos of him that did surface over the last year...he didn't look good.
                      Could Ed's illness be the reason Wolfgang's album has been delayed? We joke about Ed not wanting to make music any more, and settling to make guitars and shoes...

We saw it coming. Didn't make the news any easier though.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Could Ed's illness be the reason Wolfgang's album has been delayed? We joke about Ed not wanting to make music any more, and settling to make guitars and shoes...

We saw it coming. Didn't make the news any easier though.
                        Dunno. I have no idea how involved Ed was in Wolfgang's album, in terms of if Ed was co-producing it or guesting on some tracks or how far along the album is regarding being mixed.

No, even though it was sort of half-expected, it didn't make it any easier. About the only consolation one can take is that someone who was suffering isn't anymore.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I would have thought Wolf would want to get it done and released before his Dad passed. Then again, Ed heard it so it's not like he didn't hear what Wolfgang did. Also, he'll probably get a lot of the "It's not Van Halen" comments and crap, so maybe it is better that it wasn't released yet.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Ed's passing won't be good for Van Hagar's legacy.

As more young people decide to go through the VH catalog, they will see how inferior that era was to the original.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SuchGoodPhotog
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jun 2020

ALEX VAN HALEN Breaks Silence On EDDIE VAN HALEN's Death: 'See You On The Other Side'
                              Alex Van Halen has broken his public silence since the passing of his younger brother and VAN HALEN bandmate Eddie Van Halen. The 67-year-old VAN HALEN drummer sent the following brief message to Van Halen News Desk: "Hey Ed. Love you. See you on the other side. Your brother, Al". Eddie died on T...
                              "Look, i'll pay you for it"

Comment

• SuchGoodPhotog
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Jun 2020

Eddie Van Halen’s Widow Shares Touching Message
                                "Look, i'll pay you for it"

Comment

Working...