Rolling Stones 2015 American tour: Sticky Fingers in it's entirety?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I would love to see The Stones at the Gorge. Think it's too small of a venue for them though, unless they were going to play 2 or 3 shows there, and that schedule certainly doesn't leave room for multiple gigs. Seems they're leaving three days between gigs by design. Possibly because of the huge stage and also because these guys are in their 70s and don't want to play every night anymore.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      I would love to see The Stones at the Gorge. Think it's too small of a venue for them though, unless they were going to play 2 or 3 shows there, and that schedule certainly doesn't leave room for multiple gigs. Seems they're leaving three days between gigs by design. Possibly because of the huge stage and also because these guys are in their 70s and don't want to play every night anymore.
      I think they are going out for the simple fact they want to do it. I think after awhile they get hungry for it. Yeah these guys aren't spring chickens they are going to pace themselves.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

First heard Satisfaction on the radio in my mom's car probably around 1969. I was hooked after that. I didn't care about those Beetles guys. It was always the Stones for me. I even had Rolling Stones stickers on my Stingray bike.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Originally posted by FORD
          Fuckin Pee Wee Herman could play the Gorge and everyone would have a good time. Such a fuckin spectacular spot. Never been to Red Rocks that cave thing although that seems popular these days.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Wow, I'm not sure but that might be the first show at Ralph Wilson Stadium since the 90's. I'd like to see them, but am not paying big money for a band I'm lukewarm on...
            I see posts on those two miserable excuses for fan forums saying how hard it is going to be to get tickets. I don't think that's going to be the case. Most of the NE shows are within two to four hours of each other. Only kooks like me are going to go to more than one show. The casual fan will be scared away by the high ticket prices. And these are stadiums holding 70k and up, not basketball arenas under 20k. I am laughing at all the doom and gloom (pun intended?) posts over there.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As expected, here comes the Sticky Fingers Remastered Megabox

The Rolling Stones will reissue their classic 1971 album Sticky Fingers as a super deluxe edition box set in May, which features previously unreleased studio recordings and rare live performances. The new deluxe edition of the album is a two-disc set that includes the remastered album, plus a bonus CD featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances. These include the alternative version of Brown Sugar featuring Eric Clapton; unreleased interpretations of Bitch, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking and Dead Flowers; an acoustic version of Wild Horses, and five tracks recorded live at The Roundhouse in 1971 including Honky Tonk Women and Midnight Rambler. At a mid-range price point is the deluxe edition box set that adds a DVD to the standard deluxe, which includes two tracks from the band’s famous Marquee Club show of 26 March 1971. This comes in presentation box with 72 page hardback picture book and four postcard set.

As well as the two CDs and DVD mentioned above, the top-of-the-range Super Deluxe Edition also includes an official release of the Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out! bootleg. The 13-track CD featuring the audio recording of the Stones’ gig in Leeds in March 1971, shortly before their ‘exile’ in France began. The set included versions of the just-completed Brown Sugar, Bitch and Dead Flowers. The Super Deluxe Edition box set also includes a 120 page hardback book complete with real zip, a seven-inch vinyl record (Brown Sugar/Wild Horses), a print, postcard set and mini replica of band cut-out.

The double vinyl includes the bonus audio and the packaging has the real zip on the front. All the versions reissue utilise the 2009 mastering – this has been confirmed to SDE by Universal Music. Sticky Fingers is reissued on 25 May 2015.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Have to admit, I haven't heard this before. Thought I had all the Sticky Fingers boot material. Might have to buy this after all....
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, this is good....

Oddly enough, I never made the connection until now, but this version makes it clear that "Bitch" evolved from another song called "Highway Child".
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks like there's also a DVD release of the full Marquee performance from 1971 in the works....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Oh my...

The Stones won't be ripping anybody off here. I may already have the Leeds Lungs Out and the Marquee concert on pretty good bootlegs, I'll get those refreshed versions and the alternate or extended takes as soon as they're released.

Ah... June 9th just seems a bit far away.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Going on tour WITHOUT ANY NEW MATERIAL for the 100 millionth time. Fuck them.

Jagger is nothing more than a fleecer of his fans.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Going on tour WITHOUT ANY NEW MATERIAL for the 100 millionth time. Fuck them.

Jagger is nothing more than a fleecer of his fans.

True dat!

Any self-respecting rock band would at least have the decency to drop a new, definitive LIVE CD of their last tour, and then go out and support that!!!!
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I think they are going out for the simple fact they want to do it. I think after awhile they get hungry for it. Yeah these guys aren't spring chickens they are going to pacemaker themselves.
                            Fixed that for ya...
                            Originally posted by perilouspete
                            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

You don't see Eddie on stage with Taylor Swift, do you?

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                You don't see Eddie on stage with Taylor Swift, do you?
                                Well... not Taylor Swift, no.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...