OH FFS: Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely (With BOTH Singers ?!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

OH FFS: Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely (With BOTH Singers ?!)

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt.....

Personally, I think this is absolutely horseshit, but whatever....

This might just be the one – Van Halen‘s much mooted (and now long overdue) Australian tour now has a good chance of happening in the middle of this year. Triple M reporter and Herald Sun journalist Nui Te Koha believes a local promoter is chasing the 70s rock icons for a tour to fit […]

Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely
    Written by Kiel Egging on 30th January, 2013

This might just be the one – Van Halen‘s much mooted (and now long overdue) Australian tour now has a good chance of happening in the middle of this year. Triple M reporter and Herald Sun journalist Nui Te Koha believes a local promoter is chasing the 70s rock icons for a tour to fit in around dates they have booked in Japan from May onwards.

“They’ve got some dates in Japan in May, June, July and I know that one promoter is chasing this tour. It’s pretty firm at this stage,” he said.

Van Halen were originally going to play dates in Japan in November last year, but had to cancel the shows after Eddie Van Halen had to undergo colon surgery. According to the Van Halen News Desk, they’ll be playing rescheduled shows on 21st June in Tokyo and the 24th and 26th June in Osaka.

So early June or early July would probably be the best bet for an Australian visit, based on those dates.

Rumours are also flying that the tour will feature both of the band’s frontmen from across their lengthy career – David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. Hagar replaced David Lee Roth as vocalist in 1985, before parting ways with the band in 1996. Hagar then rejoined the group for two years in 2003 to tour a best-of record.

Van Halen fans have put up with an agonising wait to get the band firmly on our shores for some shows. They were originally scheduled to headline the ill-fated Soundwave Revolution festival in 2011, before AJ Maddah cancelled the whole festival. The band were very close to coming last year, but cancelled on a local promoter just as the tour was getting finalised.

Stick with Music Feeds to see whether this year will finally, finally be Australia’s turn.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

You had me up until the "both frontmen" part.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Rumours are also flying that the tour will feature both of the band’s frontmen
      Unacceptable!

I would not go see that! I'd just as soon live with the memories I have.
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        Unacceptable!

Completely agree....

You could give me VIP passes, a meet and greet, and front row seats.....

I will not go to that....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I can't seen them going through all the trouble for only the 3 Japan shows, so I'm guessing there will be more shows somewhere.

They should do Australia after they dangled the bait [twice, was it?].
          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

yeah... no.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

I think the prudent thing to do is wait until someone officially debunks this....

I simply cannot imagine that Dave would EVER agree to this....

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

agree Va. these 'journalists' need something to publish; even if it's total bullshit speculation.

Comment

• Little Texan
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

This sounds like some bullshit the Tasmanian Devil would come up with, which 99% of the time is pure bullshit. I have a hard time believing that Ed would work with Sammy again after all of the shit he said about him in his book. Besides, Dave and Ed are getting along better than they ever have and I don't think he wants to mess that up by bringing the Red Clown into the picture.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Rumours .

All you need to know to confirm the utter Horseshit this is.....

Sounds to me like some Aussie Promoter's dream.......which is really a nightmare.
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Oh I so hope Dave addresses this rumor...
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

I think the prudent thing to do is ...
                        The Army being a prudent bunch....

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          The Army being a prudent bunch....

You do make a good point there....

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt.....

They’ve got some dates in Japan in May, June, July and I know that one promoter is chasing this tour. It’s pretty firm at this stage,” he said.

According to the Van Halen News Desk, they’ll be playing rescheduled shows on 21st June in Tokyo and the 24th and 26th June in Osaka.

A HUGE, disgusting boulder of salt...
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Unacceptable!

They'd have to trade off every other song JUST to keep the beer garden from filling up during Spammy's set...

I have to admit the very thought of it, is like....

Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...