X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It might be missing the "high maintenance," "all talk," and "cold fish" buttons.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Looks cool!

Rolling Stone magazine likes Red Rocks.

L. Wayne Hicks
      Associate Editor-
      Denver Business Journal

Rolling Stone magazine has ruled the best amphitheater in the United States is Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison.

The list will be released Friday, but Washington, D.C., radio station WTOP got an advance copy and reported which venues made the cut. Red Rocks was judged to be better than even New York's Madison Square Garden and the Hollywood Bowl, which were Nos. 2 and 3, respectively.

Rolling Stone has an ongoing "Venues That Rock" series and so far has determined which are the best clubs in America, and which are the best big rooms. Belly Up in Aspen, the Bluebird Theatre in Denver and the Fox Theater in Boulder are included in the list of the best clubs.
      Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-16-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This dramatic natural venue just outside Denver – named after the two huge boulders that frame its borders – can elevate a good show into a totally unforgettable night. With the exception of Madison Square Garden, no U.S. venue of this size has such an amazing pedigree: The Beatles in 1964, Jimi Hendrix in 1968, Bruce Springsteen in 1978, and so many more. Pearl Jam played Red Rocks exactly once, in 1995, and they still haven't stopped talking about it. "It was just stunning," says guitarist Mike McCready. "We were never able to get there [again]. I don't know why. I want to go back."

Capacity: 9,450

Fun Fact: The amphitheatre has been officially open since 1941, but the first Red Rocks concerts were actually staged here much earlier – on a temporary platform in 1906.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...#ixzz3XTiDuNBy
        Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I'm telling you Sesh, if there is one venue to go see a show at, this is it.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
            The way they trick you is you think the new truck is worth 40k...when in actual fact if you just took the time to negotiate properly could get it for 32....when you trade in your last vehicle they do you a "solid" by giving you 15k for your old truck when its probably worth 19, but ask the manager for a special discount just for you, so you get the new truck for Dealer cost at 37k...you just lost 9k but you feel like you got one over on them.
            I see your point, and I guess that's true of you dot pay attention and let them get one on you. I also suppose it's different with different cars.. holding their value, etc.. But as you said - all things being equal I'd rather not be paying into something that I have to give back. Essentially a long rental. Math isn't my thing, and maybe I'm wrong.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

the venue looks fantastic
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Yeah I'm jealous, plus you are going to meet Kristy!

There is a direct flight from London but at $1650 for the round trip I may need to sit this one out...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

"Wildlife in the area includes black bears, coyotes and the occasional bobcat or cougar."

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Yeah I'm jealous, plus you are going to meet Kristy!
                    (S)he won't show up.

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    There is a direct flight from London but at $1650 for the round trip I may need to sit this one out...
                    Do it Sesh!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Do it Sesh!
                      new donation tab? don't mention pelvis' name or clara will freak out and not spare a dime
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
                        I see your point, and I guess that's true of you dot pay attention and let them get one on you. I also suppose it's different with different cars.. holding their value, etc.. But as you said - all things being equal I'd rather not be paying into something that I have to give back. Essentially a long rental. Math isn't my thing, and maybe I'm wrong.
                        This conversation is boring and not funny...but, worth pursuing.

Think of it this way...a lease gives you an option to leave if the car sucks...better to cut your losses than keep paying.

if it is a great car, the residual payment is exactly what the car is worth at that time anyway if you negotiated properly...then you can get a loan to take care of the rest or perhaps you saved that amount up whatever...better than committing to the 500 or 600 a month for 4-5 years...you hedged your best with a 350 payment for 3 years and pay exactly what it is worth after the lease is up.

Zero risk
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I'll buy you dinner Sesh if you come...and drinks
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

They should film the performance at this show for the truly definitive live Van Halen DVD/BlueRay
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Man, that picture really tempts ya, doesn't it ??
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

VA why don't you come?
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...