X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • At0micPunk
    Full On Cocktard
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    what does everyone have against psycho circus?.I thought it was a good solid album,The title track had energy and a killer riff,pauls voice sounded fantastic.Into the void was another good one,sounded like early eighties kiss.i felt the energy of the origional line up was real clear in that album
    I love that album for what it was. The original members did all appear on it but they didn't record all their respective tracks or had much of a hand in writing much of the material. I enjoyed hearing all their contributions though.
    Enjoyed hearing and seeing them together again. The tour kicked ass as well. I still enjoy some of the tunes on it. I've been a fan of Kiss since I was in grade school in the mid 70's. Kiss is Kiss though.. The music is pretty much straight ahead rock and roll and pretty simple stuff in most cases. In some cases weak and cheesy. I'm ok with that with Kiss though...everything doesn't have to be a deep masterpiece for me to enjoy it.

I'm really disappointed with the fake Peter and Ace thing though. It was Ok for Kiss symphony because it was a big elaborate production and a new idea some other artists have experimented with..Metallica, Yngwie Malmsteen..

But then to carry on with a fake Peter and Ace and even say once in an interview that even after Paul and Gene retire they will replace themselves and Kiss will go on. I dig the band but it's beyond ridiculous anymore. I kinda understand why they do it. As old rockers it's a easier fit maybe to pull of these types of shows and music behind the clown face and costumes..also have two new makeups for the guitar and drums would make it extra silly but I think they are taking it too far. Peter and Ace should be there. if they do the classic makeup thing imo. No doubt Kiss puts on one of the funnest and visually exciting high energy rock shows out there but the body doubles is just too much to keep my heart in it anymore.

I'm curious to hear the new CD but I truly have very little emotional interest in it.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Top Jimmy
      Re: "It's My Life"

Is that the tune Bon Jovi did?
      Hell no!
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

The thing that worries me about the new album is the sales.What with file share and downloading being the way now i kinda have a tiny voice in the back of my head telling me this will impact in some way or another.I mean who honestly goes out and buys cd's now when pretty much any song is just at your finger tips.That is unless Gene has some clever marketing trick up his sleeve's.

I have faith that it will be a kick ass album though (regerdless of who is in ace and peter's makeup).The great thing about kiss is they seem to make it work with who ever is in the line up,for example when they had bruce kulick and eric carr,Albums like animalize had some great tunes,then when eric carr joined and they released Revenge.again another good solid album with solid songs like take it off.it was very different from the classic stuff but it still sounded very Kiss.In summary as long as paul is still dancing around and his voice is awesome as ever,and gene is spitting blood i dont really think it matters who else is with them on this album.it is going to be awesome
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
          Head Fluffer
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
          The definitive version of that is by Wendy O Williams on her Simmons produced "WOW" album.

The best album Kiss never made.

Simmons wrote all of the songs and most of them are great.

Real dumbass shit, but great.

He said they had "It`s my life" since 1981 but it kept getting rejected, yet stuff like "Murder in high heels" and "Anyway you slice it" were accepted.

Huh?

"It`s my life" could have been a great Kiss anthem but it`s hidden away on that box set and is saddled with that horrible Fairbairn production.
          It's an amazing disc....Gene played more bass in her album than in his own KISS discs after Lick it Up.

Ace played a guitar solo in one song...I think it was on "Bump and Grind"...really interesting stuff there.
          www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
            I liked Live To Win actually...I cannot WAIT for Ace's upcoming solo album!!!
            i met ace at amoeba records last weekend, and i got tot hear one of his new songs "pain in the neck" in its' entirety. it's very fucking heavy,the solo fucking kicks ass!
            the lyrics aree a little weak, but this is ace frehley we're talking about-so that's expected.

ace's new cd is gonna kill and bury what ever gene and paul put out.
            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Kissonline has posted a message from Gene Simmons. He mentions that Kiss now have recorded four tracks for the upcoming album. And it's interesting news that Eric will sing one song on the album!
              according to the same thing, apparently tommy thayer is doing a solo song.

this will be a collosal fuck up!
              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Top Jimmy
                What is this Ace-sung tune you speak of?!?!

I must hear it!!

Can you email it to me?
                "in your face"
                is the song you speak of.
                it's ok, but to me, gene wrote it for ace and it sounds really forced.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                  the lyrics aree a little weak, but this is ace frehley we're talking about-so that's expected.
                  lol!!!

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch

I have faith that it will be a kick ass album though (regerdless of who is in ace and peter's makeup).The great thing about kiss is they seem to make it work with who ever is in the line up,for example when they had bruce kulick and eric carr,Albums like animalize had some great tunes,then when eric carr joined and they released Revenge.again another good solid album with solid songs like take it off.it was very different from the classic stuff but it still sounded very Kiss.In summary as long as paul is still dancing around and his voice is awesome as ever,and gene is spitting blood i dont really think it matters who else is with them on this album.it is going to be awesome
                    Hot in the Shade did not work. That was a turd even the most hardcore KISS fan can't tolerate. I listen to Unmasked before Hot in the Shade. Mark St. John played on Animalize not Kulick. You mean Eric Singer came on for Revenge, not Carr.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I used to love KISS.

But haven't they "retired" about three times already?

When is going to stick?
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                        I used to love KISS.

But haven't they "retired" about three times already?

When is going to stick?

Long as people keep showing up to the gigs and lining their pockets, Kiss du jour ain't never gonna go away.

Sad but true.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• At0micPunk
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by indeedido
                          video blog from Ace, a little weird but hey, he's Ace. Preview of two new tracks, Ghengis Kahn and Foxey and Free.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9leuikfmLk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9leuikfmLk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                          I'm late in the game hearing about this but thanks for posting! I love Ace! Gene and Paul are idiots for not making it work with him and not letting him co write tunes. For me it's kinda like VH and DLR. Without Ace it's not really the Kiss I dug in the day.

Going to check this stuff out though. Very cool!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I don't know if any of the articles in this thread mention it, but I heard Paul Stanley on the radio this morning say that the new KISS disc will be released in September.
                            He also said he lives 5 minutes away from Gene and has no problem seeing Gene's ego from his window... LOL!

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2004

Looks like a full show PRO_SHOT from 4-5-09 was liberated over at 9316club this last week.

A bit slow on the download, but looks like a good televsion recording from South America.

KISS live Bs As, Argentina 5-April-2009
                              ============================
                              Estadio Club Atletico RIVER PLATE
                              Recording: Pro
                              Quality: 10
                              Menu: NO
                              Extras: No
                              Cover: Yes

SETLIST
                              ======
                              Deuce
                              Strutter
                              Got to choose
                              Hotter than hell
                              Nothin' to lose
                              C'mon and love me
                              Parasite
                              She
                              Watchin' You
                              100,000 years
                              Cold gin
                              Let me go, rock 'n roll
                              Black diamond
                              Rock and roll all nite
                              Shout it out loud
                              Lick it up
                              I love it loud
                              I was made for lovin' you
                              Love gun
                              Detroit rock city

Video Attributes:
                              Video compression mode: MPEG-2
                              TV system: 625/50 (PAL)
                              Aspect Ratio: 4:3
                              Display Mode: Both Pan&scan and Letterbox
                              Source picture resolution: 720x576 (625/50)
                              Frame Rate: 25.00
                              Source picture letterboxed: Not letterboxed
                              Bitrate: 4.32Mbps

Audio Attributes:
                              Audio Coding mode: Dolby Digital
                              Sampling Rate: 48kHz
                              Audio application mode: Not specified
                              Number of Audio channels: 2
                              Bitrate: 256 Kbps
                              Number of Audio streams: 1

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Kiss On Next Week's American Idol?
                                According to the latest issue of Us Weekly, Kiss will perform at American Idol next Wednesday (May 20th). No official announcement regarding this has been made yet.

Comment

Working...