Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Didn't they have a 3rd record at some point? I think i remember them releasing something else later on, perhaps the follow up to V-Highway that was never released until much later?
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      Didn't they have a 3rd record at some point? I think i remember them releasing something else later on, perhaps the follow up to V-Highway that was never released until much later?
      Yes: it was called 'Dusk' and it was essentially the demos for the third record that they never got to record. Don't let 'demo' put you off - if I hadn't told you, you'd probably just think it was a Badlands album proper because the raw sound works for 'em. 'Dusk' was also a lot heavier than 'Voodoo....'
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

What he said.

Comment

• conmee
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

"Dusk" was released years later, originally a "demo" for the label prior to Ray's passing (obviously). Because I couldn't find this or Jake's "A Fine Pink Mist" solo album, I purchased them for sixteen cents ($0.16) from a Russian pirating site. I did send an email to Jake's last known working address telling him it was my only recourse and I'll put $30 ($15x2CDs) cash money in his hand if I ever see him (he lives in Vegas).

Mind The Gap!©®™

Icon©®™

An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
          hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Walking Attitude and The Fire Lasts Forever are the stand outs IMHO.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Awesome. I have been meaning to track that cd down or download it but like most things when i get in front of the computer to order it or check i tunes i never can remember what the hell it was i was looking for. The thread has saved the day.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

I heard Eddie Trunk the other night talking about the upcoming Jake interview on That Metal Show. Somebody asks him if he would ever consider working with Ozzy again and he said he would consider it but he would have to be given credit for his writing the songs on Bark at the Moon. The record says Ozzy wrote all the songs and lyrics which is silly. Supposedly, Jake says that he doesn't want the money at this point; only the credit and respect that he deserves for writing the music.
                Give the man his due i say. Ozzy has never given anyone credit for shit. (or should i say his devilish partner)

Comment

• conmee
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

S.S.

Considering Sharon went out of her way to have bass and drum parts re-recorded, I doubt Jake will ever be formally acknowledged. Notice also how not one song from Ultimate Sin (in which Jake and Phil - who penned Shot In The Dark - are credited on that album) isn't even on Ozzy's "The Essential Ozzy Osbourne" compilation. Giving credit where credit is due isn't something Sharon likes to do...

Mind The Gap!©®™

Icon©®™
                  An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                  hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Didn't she fire Jake via telegram or something ridiculous like that? Not sure how much stock to put in the Wiki these days.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Didn't she fire Jake via telegram or something ridiculous like that? Not sure how much stock to put in the Wiki these days.
                      I don't doubt it. This is the same woman that had Iron Maiden egged.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by conmee
                        S.S.

Considering Sharon went out of her way to have bass and drum parts re-recorded, I doubt Jake will ever be formally acknowledged. Notice also how not one song from Ultimate Sin (in which Jake and Phil - who penned Shot In The Dark - are credited on that album) isn't even on Ozzy's "The Essential Ozzy Osbourne" compilation. Giving credit where credit is due isn't something Sharon likes to do...

Mind The Gap!©®™

Icon©®™
                        I never noticed that or thought about it. Certainly you could have included Shot in the Dark because of its MTV popularity but from a music standpoint i would say Killer of Giants is a must have on anything called Essential Ozzy.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I think everyone would admit that 'Bark....' and 'Ultimate...' were a step down from the first two Ozzy records, but they're better than is often remembered (I reviewed Ultimate Sin). A lot of the problem is the '80s production makes things feel rigid, but if you can get past it the songs are better than people think. I'd certainly take those two records over the Zakk Wylde era (no offence to Zakk).....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                            I think everyone would admit that 'Bark....' and 'Ultimate...' were a step down from the first two Ozzy records, but they're better than is often remembered (I reviewed Ultimate Sin). A lot of the problem is the '80s production makes things feel rigid, but if you can get past it the songs are better than people think. I'd certainly take those two records over the Zakk Wylde era (no offence to Zakk).....
                            I agree with you. I always liked Ultimate Sin and thought it was undervalued. Years of Ozzy and Sharon trying to bury the record haven't helped its legacy either. The only Zakk era record that is close imo is No Rest for the Wicked. I was always fond of album tracks like Demon Alcohol and Breaking All the Rules.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              I've always heard it was for the incident when Ozzy flipped on Sharon and said "Time to die, darling" - and started choking her out... I've heard Sharon tell that part of the story on TV, but NOT the part I heard from his tech... supposedly Jake was living with them at the time, was there when the incident happened, tried to pull Ozzy off her, who then took a swing at HIM - and got drop-kicked (in self-defense, mind you) for it.

Yep, may or may not be true, but the version I heard he bascially got fired on the spot for saving her life...

But considering we're talking about Sharon? I tend to believe it...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I found a big dropoff between Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin. Ultimate Sin being heavier on keyboards and less heavy. Bark at the Moon I would put very close to the first two albums, although it's impossible to touch Blizzard and Diary.
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...