X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    I thought I heard Dave mumble "good dog" somewhere in that area.
    He did...he says "Good Dog" over and over.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-21-2012, 01:17 AM. Reason: Gawd Dog ....Gawd Dog...God Dog! lol subtext.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

My favorite subtle moment...Stay Frosty, at 3 minutes 29 seconds. If that doesn't hit you square between the eyes then you're not listening.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• fourthcoming

That's about as subtle as being hit in the face by a train......kick ass scream. I don't care if the conspiracy theorists think it's an old scream added in or not.....sounds awesome.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'll admit, I originally thought that one sounded like the one from the end of the solo in On Fire. I've changed my mind on that one, but still a little suspect of some others peppered throughout.

I like in Stay Frosty at 3:19 the quick little "a yes uh" that leads into the last solo.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Agrees with everything DLR Bridge just said.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fourthcoming
              Agrees with everything DLR Bridge just said.
              In that case, let's meet for beers in the city some day! We'll be those annoying guys at the bar carrying on about the best band around!

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by atomicpnk47
                Man, I wonder what this shit sounds like backwards
                You maybe on to something....keep me posted
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Angel
                  I'd love to do a critical analysis of the entire album, but no way do I have the time.
                  And for that, I thank you.

Pretty sure he wrote empathy in the lyrics...
                  Pretty sure he didn't.
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    I like in Stay Frosty at 3:19 the quick little "a yes uh" that leads into the last solo.
                    It's 'giddyup there'..
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      And for that, I thank you.
                      I analyze literature for pleasure, and to keep my brain active... These lyrics are rich in symbolism, metaphors, sub-text...a geeks delight!!! If I do ever sit down to do it, it's for me, not you....asshole.

Who the fuck peed in your corn flakes???
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

During the manic guitar hook of the verse to As Is, Wolf rather randomly follows along or drops out all together. Adds to the spontaneous live feel of the tune. Once again, hats off to the Wolf!

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

If I do ever sit down to do it, it's for me, not you....
                          Promise? Good luck with that.
                          Last edited by VAiN; 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                            Promise? Good luck with that.
                            Jesus fucking christ, what the hell turned you into the fucking piss on Angel band leader around here, you fucking asshole?

Hell, you probably don't even know what critical analysis of literature is for fucks sake!!! I bet you see the word critical and think oh no, she's going to pretend to be a music critic - that would be making an assumption now, wouldn't it?

Critical thinking is simply the "intellectually disciplined process of actively analyzing and evaluating information gathered from experience, observation, or communication as a guide to belief and action".

Dave is one smart mofo, and you only have to listen to him talk to know that he is a critical thinker. Those who think critically tend to write using a lot of symbolism, metaphors, and sub-text. Therefore, the message they are conveying is usually a hell of a lot deeper than the actual words themselves.

There's a fuck of a lot in here, not that a fucking lame brain like you would have any clue as to what the fuck I'm talking about.

...And yes, I will thoroughly enjoy myself should I ever be presented the opportunity to analyze the lyrics on this stellar album. There's a fuck of a lot in here from what I've managed so far.

Too bad you lack the intelligence to comprehend everything Dave is saying "under the surface"...
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

I don't know if this qualifies as a nuance, but I love the rotation in the guitar part at the end of As Is.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Also if you listen to Blood and Fire with headphones on , you can tell he recorded it on his Ripley, since different strings are panned left and right.

Comment

Working...