X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

"Dave would be unknown without Eddie Alex and Mike , and that's been proven"

And Sam would not have the money and businesses he has without Eddie, Alex, and Mike.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Dave named the band, for fuck’s sake. And Mike came after Dave. These people need to get their facts straight.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Yeah, these were just a handful of comments. I know it looks like it was a lot of work...but it really took me just a few minutes.

The one that got me the most was: "This tour is going to be AMAZING. Eddie is looking down and smiling on Sammy, Mikey, Joe, and Jason."

I guaran-fucking-tee you that one thing Eddie would NOT be doing is looking down on Eddie & Mike and fucking smiling. There are tickets going for almost $2000. ANYONE paying the price of a shitty used car to see this train wreck?

Imagine some guy explaining that to his wife: "Yeah, we're not paying our bills this month because I need to see Sammy play MAS TEQUILA again. But don't worry. They're calling it "Van Halen" this time and they're also playing "SOURCE OF ERECTION."
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Rikk
          "I was at the Sam and Dave tour in Tampa. DLR was so drunk he got booed off stage." (This is total bullshit. I read a review of the Tampa show from 2004 just to check it out. Dave played last and also got some good reviews.)
          I was there, it was 2002, Dave was on first went down very well and was not drunk at all.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I wasn't at the Tampa show, but I can't even tell you how many shows I saw on the Dave and Sam tour. A bunch. I can emphatically say, of all the shows I saw on this tour and after, Dave was NEVER drunk. Especially drunk enough to affect the performance negatively. Even when he drank JD on stage, he just swigged a little and the rest he simulated jizzing on somebody in the front row.

I'm not sure if I'm more pissed at the people that wrote those ignorant comments, for sucking off Clichegar, or sucking off the chubolard.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              I wasn't at the Tampa show, but I can't even tell you how many shows I saw on the Dave and Sam tour. A bunch. I can emphatically say, of all the shows I saw on this tour and after, Dave was NEVER drunk. Especially drunk enough to affect the performance negatively. Even when he drank JD on stage, he just swigged a little and the rest he simulated jizzing on somebody in the front row.

I'm not sure if I'm more pissed at the people that wrote those ignorant comments, for sucking off Clichegar, or sucking off the chubolard.
              There seems to be a lot of revisionist history coming from youtube comment nerds who constantly trash Dave. I don't get it.

Yet they all jerk off over Van Hagar crap.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                There seems to be a lot of revisionist history coming from youtube comment nerds who constantly trash Dave. I don't get it.

There can only be a few reasons.

1. They are gay.
                2. They are female.
                3. They are transitioning.
                4. They are gay but haven't realized it, or admitted it yet.

Comment

• Catfish
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

They're getting paid. It's Hagar's social media team; this is what they do all day, part of their job. Spam spends a lot of money on things like this to keep his name out there and gain relevancy. Because his body of work won't do it on its own.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Sammy Hagar Vs Maynard James Keenan Charity Fight Is ‘In The Works’
                    A potential charity event featuring a fight between Sammy Hagar and Maynard James Keenan
                    is reportedly being organized following a playful altercation that sparked interest among fans.

An Instagram page named Tour Training included a video of Hagar demonstrating his newly
                    acquired skills by putting a BJJ fighter in a headlock, with Maynard James Keenan filming the
                    encounter for ‘legal support purposes.’

Full story at:
                    A potential charity event featuring a fight between Sammy Hagar and Maynard James Keenan is reportedly being organized following a playful altercation that sparked interest among fans. An Instagram page named Tour Training included a video of Hagar demonstrating his newly acquired skills by putting a BJJ fighter in a headlock, with Maynard James Keenan […]
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hagar was at a Tool show the other night and posed for pics with their drummer.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Silexxx
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Sep 2010

Van Halen‘s two frontmen, Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth, haven’t been holding back in the press about their feelings toward each other. And while they may not be friends, that hasn’t stopped Hagar from appreciating the music Roth made with Van Halen before he took over.

Van Halen’s sixth studio album, 1984, celebrated its 40th anniversary in January and Hagar has nothing but good things to say about it.

“I was a huge fan of that record,” Hagar tells ABC Audio, noting it made him realize Eddie Van Halen was a “genius.”

Sammy was particularly impressed by Eddie’s synthesizer work on “Jump,” Van Halen’s only #1 single, sharing, “You know, Eddie, I just I fell in love with Eddie with that.”

And Hagar says he was even a little jealous after the success of “Jump,” sharing that prior to its release he always felt he was on the same level as Van Halen.

“You know, I felt I was in competition until I heard ‘Jump’ and the song went, you know, it was such a big hit,” he says. “I just went, ‘Wow, they did it.’ I was mad, I was upset.” He does note that he got over it once Van Halen asked him to join the band.

Roth left Van Halen after 1984 and was replaced by Hagar. They went on to have four #1 albums with him as frontman.

And Hagar plans to celebrate his time with Van Halen and more during his upcoming The Best of All Worlds Tour, which kicks off July 13 in West Palm Beach, Florida. A complete list of dates can be found at redrocker.com.

Copyright © 2024, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

"On the same level"... Ha! He was a thousand light-year abduction by his aliens away from VH. Not the same world, and not the same universe, even.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            "On the same level"... Ha! He was a thousand light-year abduction by his aliens away from VH. Not the same world, and not the same universe, even.
                            Hagar was saying stuff along those lines as far back as that 1986 MTV Van Halen Unleashed program, when he said that he didn't have anything to prove to anybody in reference to whatever possible pressure he felt being the singer for Van Halen in the wake of Roth's departure. Over time, more and more of Hagar's gaslighting came to fore, and maybe a dozen or so years ago is when Hagar started explicitly saying his solo career prior to joining Van Halen was "on the same level" as Van Halen's career had been when Roth was in the band.

As to if Hagar thought the music he was making during his solo years post-Montrose/pre-Van Hagar was as good as CVH's, well, maybe Hagar did think this. In commercial terms re: amount of albums sold, size of venues performed to...I mean, it wasn't close. Hagar had one platinum album prior to joining Van Halen (and it wasn't even a multi-platinum album), that being his last solo album prior to joining Van Halen. Hagar's tour supporting that album did have some overlap in some of the same venues Van Halen also played that year, the difference being Hagar was taking out support acts to open up his shows who had a degree of notoriety back then (such as Krokus) and would help sell tickets vs. Van Halen in 1984 who didn't have opening acts anybody had ever heard of. Another difference being that Van Halen in 1984 were playing sold-out shows multiple nights in those venues whereas Hagar was playing one-nighters.

It's just ridiculous for Hagar to act as if being tapped to join Van Halen in 1985 was anything other than a career boost from where he stood back then, yet Hagar continues to act like he was on the same level as Bruce Springsteen circa mid-1980's, selling millions upon millions of records and selling out 50k seat venues on the strength of his name alone.

It's all that gaslighting Hagar has done over the last 40 years even pertaining toward checkable factual matters that leads me to the conclusion that Hagar knows he was, is and always will be a second-rate replacement where Van Halen was concerned. Otherwise, Hagar would be comfortable with the truth, which he isn't.
                            Last edited by Terry; 02-24-2024, 06:14 PM.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Silexxx
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2010

Yeah and now I guess he's a fan of Jump when in the past he has said that he hated it.

BTW just watched The Greatest Night In Pop from Netflix about making of "We Are The World" and "one of the biggest artist" that Lionel and Michael asked and wanted was Van Halen but "they were on tour". Of course Van Halen wasn't on tour in January 28 in 1985, it was in fact the day CFTH was released so Dave was probably busy with that anyway even if Van Halen would have wanted do it in the first place. Maybe Lionel didn't remember it correctly or got things mixed up but no mention of "We were on the same level" Sam at all. Bette Midler was there.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Silexxx
                                BTW just watched The Greatest Night In Pop from Netflix about making of "We Are The World" and "one of the biggest artist" that Lionel and Michael asked and wanted was Van Halen but "they were on tour"...
                                That’s crazy! I started watching that the other night, but fell asleep. Will have to check that out.

I wonder if the interest in having them involved was for Ed to lay down a hammer-on laced solo or to have Dave bowzdy bowzdy bop his way through a verse. It definitely would be an odd fit for anyone from camp VH.

Comment

Working...