X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
    You should cuntsider yourself lucky to have the traffic...
    Traffic makes no odds to me, I'm not selling anything.

You should cuntsider yourself lucky to have somewhere to post for 15 years without contributing a cent you tightwad.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

I don't blame Sarge for "bailing", if you can even call it that after so many years, and with what he's been through IRL....

It was the way VA was treated that irks me.

I pop in here every few weeks, and wonder why anyone even bothers to post here anymore.

But this thread gave me a chuckle. Good reading.
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Never was
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2012

WARF hope you have made a positive change in your life and are sincere. Good luck.

I find you hard to believe either positively or negative based on experience. If sincere hope it continues.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Traffic makes no odds to me, I'm not selling anything.

That's funny...

You should cuntsider yourself lucky to have somewhere to post for 15 years without contributing a cent you tightwad.

First of all, my charm is worth more than you got...

Donations are fine, but It's the freaks like me that keep this place alive and somewhat interesting...

Hmmm...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            I pop in here every few weeks, and wonder why anyone even bothers to post here anymore.

But this thread gave me a chuckle. Good reading.
            I'm like that too...

But it's still cool here...

And where else is there to be if Van Halen suddenly come out with another killer record ??

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I'm like that too...

But it's still cool here...

And where else is there to be if Van Halen suddenly come out with another killer record ??

Everyone would flock back here.....

But I aint holding my breath.

Whatever happened to Tony the ?
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

WARF. Where are you tending bar these days? I need a drink!
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  LMAO... funny coming from an ID and persona who's whole existence was born and operates solely for instigation of the most vile of shit...

Actually the websites I own are doing quite well... 2 out of 3 in production are generating profitable income monthly above hosting and licensing costs via Pay-per-Click and Affiliate programs. I have a 4th one in development and beta testing that I'll probably launch in a few weeks...

Even my little chat board http://www.myretrolounge.com while having just a handful of members and 1900+ posts is doing quite well. While not generating any income, I've been successful in configuring it using effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) methodologies and have it positioned within the top 3 search engines on a simple key word search of "retro lounge" as follows:

Google - page 5 out of 13.5 million hits
                  Bing - Page 1 out of 9.6 million hits
                  Yahoo - Page 1 out of 7.4 million hits

It's my first venture into owning a bulletin/chat board which has allowed me to further develop my web hosting/programming skills, plus develop methodologies that are benefiting my other web ventures. I'm actively working with Google Analytics to move it up in Google...

I didn't own davidleerothfans.com. I was asked to assist them due to my past experience administering VH/Roth boards which I accepted when this place was completely falling apart internally 16 months ago... I stand by the work I did in that realm.

As far as thatmetalforum.com is concerned... I strongly supported and advocated the decision to transition the site focus from a DLR fan site to a more generic music site format. With this site's continued presence in the VH/DLR realm there was no need for a competing site. The stakeholders as a group decided on the new subject matter and design... there was a donation drive to fund it going forward and warham took over sole ownership of the site, domain, software and all previous content. I had no active role and no involvement at all in the decision to shut down that site. Honestly, I'm still not clear as to why it was taken down after we, as a group, worked to transform it.

For the record for those wondering... that's that.
                  Someone threw a party. A bunch of us showed up. We had a good time. ZZ kept us out of jail. Success!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

I'd say so...

And I give ZZ the utmost credit for trying and applying his talents...

But he does lack in the creative content area...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I totally get that but it's worth pointing out that the site rules and policies didn't change at any point, when I took over I made the 'rules' stricter than they ever were back in the day.

I think that people were turned away from posting at an uncensored site because of other social media like Facebook making anonymity more difficult combined with everyone getting a bit older. It's a bad mix. On something like Facebook where people have to account for their posts and can't hide then on the whole people are much much more polite and nicer just like in real life.

I would argue it was quite easy to avoid getting involved in the 'war' that went on here for months and many of our regular posters did just that. The majority of the people that seem to feel most hard done by got involved in arguments with trolls on a site which since it's inception said it wouldn't censor and then got upset when they inevitably got abuse from them.
                      I never know if you are being thick on purpose or if you realy believe this BS. Sarge DID have rules against personal pics, racism, and yes, cock pics. You modified the rules from there.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I'd say so...

Someone has to be the chaperone. I think Flappo, WARF, and me were a real handful.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Someone has to be the chaperone. I think Flappo, WARF, and me were a real handful.
                          So...ZZ had his hands full of dicks. No surprise there.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'd say so...

Wow that's one of the nicest things anyone has said about me in a while... thanks!

I did at least try to bring some peace into this space... in my own "shifty" way...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              Naw. I don't think ZZ swings that way.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                                Envious ??

Comment

Working...