X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    The kid appears to be the only one functional enough to pick killer set-lists, handle social media and promotion, etc... Frankly, Wolf is doing a damn good job cat-herding those old fucks out onto the road and workin...
    Talks to trees, maybe.. But speaks the truth. Wolf is the best thing VH fans could have dreamed for. Setlist and integrity wise.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by philouze
      Talks to trees, maybe.. But speaks the truth. Wolf is the best thing VH fans could have dreamed for. Setlist and integrity wise.
      he has a nice buffet menu on the rider too
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
        Fuck this tour!

I'd rather see him in a shit hole pub performing this song!

Give us old fart Dave!!!

Yeah....I'll pass on that one.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          he has a nice buffet menu on the rider too
          And you can only see it right here at the Roth Army! That's right - I have obtained an exclusive copy of Wolf's buffet menu straight from the band's official caterer...

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
            I think they worship the music and memories more than they worship Dave. I think they are willing to overlook, or even remain in denial, to try to give themselves that same rush they got the first time they heard those classic songs on the radio. Or, if they were lucky enough, to see this band when they were hungry and passionate. They aren't making excuses, they are just tolerating a real lack of effort, to make themselves feel better.

I do not believe Dave can't do a better job. Sure, he isn't what he was way back when, vocally. But I do believe he has the ability to do a better job than he's doing. However, that would require him to put at least as much effort into this, as he does his other interests. The fact of the matter is, he's obviously not willing. He doesn't seem to care. He is going through the motions. The real truth about this will come out when the Van Halen's tire of his lack of participation, and part ways with him yet again. I truly don't think Dave at this point, will care. Other than the loss of an easy pay day. He'll care about that. Dave has gotten complacent in Van Halen.

In terms of Dave's effort Von, I honestly don't believe that Dave has anyone around him anymore that's willing to plant him in front of a computer and show him negative review after negative review.... I know he sure as fuck isn't going to do the research himself....

I'm willing to overlook Dave's yelping, albeit with some cringes here and there...

I'm flying out west tomorrow to visit the grandkids, I may have the opportunity to see them at Glen Helen Regional Paaaaaaaaaaaaark (yes, I know it's San Manuel Ampitheater now) on Saturday night... Just something historic to see Van Halen at the US Festival site, but we'll see.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              In terms of Dave's effort Von, I honestly don't believe that Dave has anyone around him anymore that's willing to plant him in front of a computer and show him negative review after negative review.... I know he sure as fuck isn't going to do the research himself....
              If only that fucking dog could talk. He's probably the only one Dave would listen to, anyway.

I'm flying out west tomorrow to visit the grandkids, I may have the opportunity to see them at Glen Helen Regional Paaaaaaaaaaaaark (yes, I know it's San Manuel Ampitheater now) on Saturday night... Just something historic to see Van Halen at the US Festival site, but we'll see.....
              That's why I want to go to the Red Rocks show. Will probably be their first and last time ever to play there. I know nobody will do it, but a sit down with Dave, Ed and Al to talk about the US Festival, and playing that venue again, would be really cool.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

No one to get in his face and be brutally honest? Out of love? That's too bad. Not even his sisters? Damn.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Catfish
                  As the hugest DLR dicksuck in the history of the Internet, I'll even say I've had it with his slip 'n slide thing and now those goddamn bowling shoes. What the fuck? That fucking Electric Boogaloo thing is 10-times bigger than it was last time. How the fuck will the rest of the band move around without hurting themselves? That fuckin thing should have some cones or signs on it, Ed's on a new hip for Christ's sake. Isn't there a civic law about that stuff? That sliding around shit was cool at first but I'm tired of it. Next thing you know the son of a bitch is going to take the stage in ice skates.
                  Son of a bitch that was funny !!! I had tears !! He keeps singing like that and he will be on thin ice !! It is amazing how little he can move around. Or want's too. I don't have a problem with it, but man did he age fast from 08. I honestly couldn't care less if he sat in a chair and sang at 60 but put in the effort you did in 07/08. Even if it's not as good it would be 10 times better. Think Dave should hang it up after this go round. At least fronting VH. He has made a ton of money again. I'm seeing too many of the signs I was worried about 5 years ago. An old Van Halen isn't that cool. I mean the guy's play great but even then there is little movement on stage from Ed or Wolf for that matter. It just doesn't look right with that music flying out of them. So I guess I do care if Dave sat in a chair. At least fronting VH.

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

I think Dave's smoking is finally catching up to him a big, bad way. He seems really out of breath and tired at the first show of the tour! Even though the guy has been Mr. Fitness since age 10, he's finally realizing that a pack of cancer sticks per day will take down even the strongest fella on the block.

I do agree that he mostly don't give a fuck about what the fans are saying about his vocals. He ditched the dance floor shimmy and headset for this tour but I bet it was Wolf who called him out on that on the last tour. He's got enough money to retire comfortably (we think) and a quickie 3-month summer tour is about the easiest money any musician can make these days. Need spending cash for those Japan trips and Russell's vet bills.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                      Full Member Status

• May 2010

The only criticism I have had of this band is the same as '08 around that time Ed and Al seemed to be stepping up the tempo, of the whole show ....many VH Classic Song are a certain amount of BPM but the shift changes as individually expressed in many of the tunes has melded into one long song.

Reminds me of the grateful dead and how displeased I became back in 1985 when every concert was just the hour and 57 min version of trucking.

Ed and Al are playing too fast...the subtleties are meshing into a blur...I don't believe it is to speed thru the show. I believe they are just playing too fast due to some .................................................. ...thing.......................................... ....?

Still thru all the BS and Cool'oughsity DLR fronted VH is the best show in town for this kid.
                      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Well kind of but I do think that this is the third tour now and they repeatedly have put a lot less $ and thought into that similar acts.

Who else at that level just wanders onto the stage at the start of an arena show?
                        Considering they made three dollars off the live album, they probably didn't have much to invest in the stage and lights.
                        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

These tours bring in tens of millions.

Comment

• David'sPeeBroth
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Mar 2015

By the way, I am out rolling around in the VH Buggy on this beautiful evening. Jamming the Women And Children First disc!

Just wow...

Now THAT'S what I call a DoucheBuggy...

...that thing probably has actual air from 1984 in the tires.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I think they worship the music and memories more than they worship Dave. I think they are willing to overlook, or even remain in denial, to try to give themselves that same rush they got the first time they heard those classic songs on the radio. Or, if they were lucky enough, to see this band when they were hungry and passionate. They aren't making excuses, they are just tolerating a real lack of effort, to make themselves feel better.

I do not believe Dave can't do a better job. Sure, he isn't what he was way back when, vocally. But I do believe he has the ability to do a better job than he's doing. However, that would require him to put at least as much effort into this, as he does his other interests. The fact of the matter is, he's obviously not willing. He doesn't seem to care. He is going through the motions. The real truth about this will come out when the Van Halen's tire of his lack of participation, and part ways with him yet again. I truly don't think Dave at this point, will care. Other than the loss of an easy pay day. He'll care about that. Dave has gotten complacent in Van Halen.
                              Dave had something to prove in 2007-2008.

Yeah, he DOES come across as complacent now at times, but it's an odd type of complacence. In a way, his yelling rather than singing does display SOME kind of an effort, but it is just misdirected. It's almost as if there is nobody telling him how bad his yelling sounds, and the band appears to be tolerant of it. I dunno if the relationships between the Van Halens and Roth are fragile to the point where Dave and the Halens are afraid to say anything to each other about individual performances in fear that the whole thing could just derail...I mean, shit, if Dave had chosen to bail on the initial reunion tour once 2008 rolled around and Ed's level of performance then was just as substandard as Dave's is these days, I wouldn't have blamed Dave (although realistically Roth wouldn't have bailed on a bunch of dates that had already been booked and sold).

The truth of the matter is that should Roth leave the band, nobody is going to really give a shit in terms of commercial draw what the fragments would do. Maybe Sam and Mike could rejoin the band and another Sam Halen reunion might have some ticket-selling power...but Dave knows unless he is fronting Van Halen these days his drawing power as a solo artist is virtually nil.

I too believe Dave is capable of doing a much better job vocally live than he has been in the last 3 years. For me, Roth doesn't need to leap around the stage or try and emit those barefoot-on-hot-coals screams. Both of those aspects are (and have been) years behind him. All he has to do is sing the tunes. I can't believe that yelling the tunes is somehow easier than just singing them.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                I don't think that sounds as crazy as one might assume.

The kid appears to be the only one functional enough to pick killer set-lists, handle social media and promotion, etc... Frankly, Wolf is doing a damn good job cat-herding those old fucks out onto the road and workin...
                                Shit, if left to his own devices, EVH would have drank himself to death 8 years ago.

And the band would probably have been comfortable just serving up the same 20 best-known CVH tunes tour after tour, had Wolf not had the input that he does. Wolf is the one with the ambition now. Ed is still playing now because he enjoys playing with his kid, and his kid is the one who was smart enough to get Dave back into the band and get the band to rehearse those deep cuts for the last 3 tours.

Everyone remembers what happened when Ed took total control of the band. We got Gary Cherone and Van Halen III for our troubles.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...