X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlyle
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Sep 2010

I just met David Lee Roth!!!!!

So I've been a long time fan of David Lee and Van Halen. Today while at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton (in California) I walked by where they had sheep dogs herding sheep. As I walk by these four guys sitting in chairs I hear a familiar voice. Now we all know that nobody else sounds like Dave. I turn and look and sure enough it looks like Dave too. He's wearing a hat, cargo pants, and a San Francisco Caledonian Club tee shirt. He's clearly in great shape as I can see the veins in his neck and arms. He must have like zero body fat. As I walk away I tell my wife that I think I just saw Diamond Dave. She saw him too but says there's no way he would be here at the Scottish games. We walk away and move on to other events at the games but it's killing me cause I know it's him.

A couple of hours go by and it hits me.....they had a board that had all the names of all the dogs and their owners. I decided to run back and look. There it was on the whiteboard down towards the bottom...Dave Roth. I walk back over and he's still in the same chair. I can't not say anything so I say "excuse me is your name Dave?" The man replies "Yes it is." I then ask him "Is it David Lee Roth?" and he says "well, yes it is." I couldn't believe it! How was he not being mobbed by a thousand people? I asked him a couple more questions. I also tell him I knew it was him from his voice and he says "ah yes, the rusty pipes." I tell him how I grew up listening to him and Van Halen and that it killed me living so many years with false rumors of him getting back with VH. I then asked him if they were doing anything more and he said in the next 7-8 months we'd be hearing from them. I asked for a picture and then shook his hand. He was very nice to me. He asked me where I was from etc. I couldn't believe it! I just met THE David Lee Roth. I wanted to scream and tell everybody. How could all these peaople not know he was there???? I left with a huge smile on my face.
    Attached Files
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army!

Hi dlyle! It is my pleasure to be the first JACKASS to welcome you to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! IN ROTH WE TRUST.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Holy shit,OMG And Sweet As.

Welcome To the Roth Army.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

dlyle...awesome story...and a great picture of Dave incognito. It's definitely him, but I can see why you had to double-check...

so did I...

Great story...thanks for sharing...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Should merge this with the other thread of any new pics of Dave. Awesome story.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

That's fucking great bro....

See, it's shit like this that'll never happen to me....

But SHEEP HERDING ?? If David Lee Roth isn't the most eccentric mother fucker on the face of the earth, I don't know who is !!
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• dlyle
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

But SHEEP HERDING ?? If David Lee Roth isn't the most eccentric mother fucker on the face of the earth, I don't know who is !!
              Yeah, while he was watching other competitors he was talking about what they should be doing. He seemed to know his stuff. He had what looked like an Australian shepherd sitting next to his chair.
              I did post his picture in that other post too....

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Never say never, dude. You're in LA occasionally, it could happen. I too can attest from a random meeting (albeit at a place you'd more likely expect to see him, the Rainbow Bar and Grill in Hollywood) he is absolutely the coolest in person! Congrats, dlyle!
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

As weird as it seems that Dave is in to sheep herding...so is one of our members :-)

dlyle...your secret is out!

lol
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• dlyle
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Sep 2010

No, I was on my way to the caber toss....yeah, that's it. or I was on my way to the heavy lifting competitions.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Well, they probably had some tasty brew there as well...
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Great story dude. Welcome to the Roth Army.

Maybe Dave's dog can moderate the Sheep Pen?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
                          Head Fluffer
                          • May 2006

Cool story
                          “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Thank you so much for sharing the story and pic!!

How about an album in 7-8 months??? That's great fucking news from the man himself...
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              Thank you so much for sharing the story and pic!!

How about an album in 7-8 months??? That's great fucking news from the man himself...
                              That time frame seems very likely. It would put an album release in the spring, followed by a summer tour. Which is the most logical way to do it.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...