X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Al Davis should be put to death--Oakland deserves to be shitty

Oakland's still going to fire Tom Cable, even after a continued improvement. That organization is a fucking joke...

Al Davis makes Jerry Jones look like fucking Art Modell...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

I can't wait for Davis' press conference, where he goes on to describe how Cable's coaching methods were inconsistent with Raider tradition. You know...losing.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
      Commando
      • Nov 2010

losing sucks....
      and I'm downright pissed that we lost TWICE to Oakland.
      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Firing Cable is just insane. For the first time in years, the program is headed in the right direction...so naturally, it's time to start all over again.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

If I had a young football team...I'd hire Cable. He's not a big name...but he's done a great job under terrible conditions. Maybe a team like Carolina...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

They showed Al Davis watching one of the games recently, and I am sure he was already dead.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

I'm not even a Cable fan but can't believe he is being fired. New coach, new system, doesn't make any sense but then again, that is Al Davis.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                They showed Al Davis watching one of the games recently, and I am sure he was already dead.
                Not quite, but very, very close...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  If I had a young football team...I'd hire Cable. He's not a big name...but he's done a great job under terrible conditions. Maybe a team like Carolina...
                  Agreed !! He did a great job with very little. Al needs to go away !!! I do think he was great for the NFL in his day knocking head's with Rozzel all the time but the Raiders have sucked for 10 years and this is the best they have looked since then.

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

please hire mohrniweg so the browns don't al, please, please.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      please hire mohrniweg so the browns don't al, please, please.
                      Mohrningweg...Mohrningweg!!!!

Man...that would make me fucking laugh...

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who would hire Morningwood after the bang up job he did as the Lions coach?

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Al Davis is fucked in the head if he gets rid of Cable. I mean the Raiders had their first successful season in ages this year. What 8-8 is not bad enough for him? LOL.
                          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Not quite, but very, very close...

How many of you guys when you read Chefs post, read the word "Excellence" in your mind exactly the way Mr. Burns says it? I tried several times to read it to myself pronouncing it normal but just couldn't do it.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Although not nearly as evil and decrepit, Alex Spanos is a fucking douche bag. And oh boy is he really getting the heat in San Diego. Firing Marty after going 14-2. Hiring Norv. Letting AJ get to powerful. LaDanian gone. Merrimen bust. Vincent Jackson drama. Traded away Drew Breeze. Will most likely move to Los Angeles. etc...

Ah...such a great time to be a fan of the AFC West.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...