X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Froch-Johnson was a really good fight. Froch got a SD.

Not sure how 2 judges gave it to Froch by 4 rounds; or how the other called it a draw. It was very close - I had Froch up by 2 rounds.

Froch had to go on the back foot and use angles, but it was workrate which sealed the deal - he out hustled the older Johnson, but never hurt him. Johnson was nailing him with right hands all night, however, and if he could still step on the gas then the fight could quite easily have gone the other way.

Froch-Ward in the final. Froch has the power, toughness and awkwrdness to KO Ward - at this stage, however, I see Ward boxing to a UD. It will be interesting to see if the much hyped potential showdown between Kessler and Bute has happened by then to see who the 'Super Six' winner faces: Froch would love to get revenge on Kessler; Kessler would love to re-match Ward (and actually prepare this time); and Ward would undoubtedly love to fight Bute.

168 is one hell of a division.

(For my money, Kessler should take another tune-up before Bute.)
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Yeah, that was a great fight, and honestly I'm impressed with Froch walking through some of those right hands he kept getting clocked with by Johnson seemingly at will past a certain point...but the older fighter didn't have the power to do the damage even by attrition.

In other news, I loved Nazim Richardson's comment on Showtime's Pacquio-Mosely fight special leading up to that after Nazim, on the sidelines between rounds, had gotten pissed at Shane "He's just showin' somebody else how to beat this motherfucker."
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Did anyone see Chavez-Zbik?

I didn't, but Chavez but won a title. This surprises me, as I've spent many years thinking he's the most carefully matched, over-hyped guy in boxing.

I've got to know if he looked any good?

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Looks like Mayweather - Ortiz is a done deal.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not Mayweather-Pac.

It could be interesting though: although he's slower, and doesn't have much of a defence, Ortiz is a lefty - he might have few surprises for Floyd. Add into that his heart, and the fact he has everything to gain and nothing to lose, and we could be in for a good 'boxer vs fighter' bout.

Personally I think this will look like a cat playing with a dying mouse, but you never know.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie

I didn't, but Chavez but won a title. This surprises me, as I've spent many years thinking he's the most carefully matched, over-hyped guy in boxing.

He didn't. He was getting NAILED all night, but the guy didn't have the power to take him out. The only reason he won was by wearing the other guy out by absorbing all the shots with his FACE...think he finally got Zbik with a body shot?

I agree with your assessment of Mayweather-Ortiz, but hey Vic might get lucky...he DOES hit hard, but may fold if he can't touch Floyd and gets pot-shotted all night.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

It was an interesting fight but while i was watching it i thought to myself how neither man had a real chance at being the true champion at that weight. It was a classic case of what the judges liked better - Zbik's busy work and volume or Chaves' harder punches. Chavez got hit way too much to the face. He doesn't have enough head movement to be a great fighter in my opinion. Chavez got the win but i wouldn't have complained if Zbik had retained. I will give Chavez credit in that he had to have heart and endurance to do what he did which was continually stalk and attack the body all night like a madman. Sergio Martinez was sitting at ringside smiling all night for good reason. If this is the best that he has to worry about then he is free and clear. He would absolutely obliterate Chaves Jr.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Personally I think this will look like a cat playing with a dying mouse, but you never know.
                I think you are right on the "money."

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Sad news guys. Genaro Hernandez passed away at 45.

Genaro Hernandez, the genial two-time junior lightweight champion, lost his three-year battle with a rare form of cancer and died surrounded by his family at his home in Mission Viejo, Calif., on Tuesday. He was 45.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Robert Guererro is taking on Maidanna.

This could be a classic. Gut instincts suggest that Guerrero is too mobile and skillful for Maidanna - however, he was getting tagged quite a lot from Katsidis, and Maidanna has a decent punch on him. Perhaps 140 could be too far? I doubt it though.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Robert Guererro for the win

Side note,all those who are sick of Flloyd and Manny gimmie a HELL YEA
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Ah Chavez jr,The most protected fighter in recent history.Binnie for future,He NEVER looks any good
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I didn't think that he would. The fact that I couldn't even be bothered to watch the fight might be an indication of how far I rate him.

What interests me is where the hell he goes from here: they're hardly likely to put him in with Martinez (I'm laughing thinking what that would look like), or Arthur Abraham, assuming he's coming back down to 160. Would a fight with the German champs be viable?

Kudos to the kid for winning though.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Robert Guererro is taking on Maidanna.

This could be a classic. Gut instincts suggest that Guerrero is too mobile and skillful for Maidanna - however, he was getting tagged quite a lot from Katsidis, and Maidanna has a decent punch on him. Perhaps 140 could be too far? I doubt it though.
                            Excellent news!

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Just seen the David Haye - Wlad Klitschko 'Face Off' with Max Kellermen.

2 thoughts:

1) Wlad is PISSED. Haye is clearly in his head. We should be in for a good fight whilst it lasts (although my gut feeling is that Wlad will win).

2) I would never - and I mean NEVER - get tired of punching Kellerman in the face.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Golden Boy's new Golden Boy - Saul Alvarez - is in the ring on Saturday defending his 154 belt again Ryan Rhodes.

People are saying this will be easy for him. I doubt it. Ryan was a really, really good prospect 15 years ago. He's always been tough and he's re-captured some of his form recently. He has experience, he has power, and he will be up for taking the chance he never got the first time round. If Alvarez takes him lightly, we could be in for an upset.

Alvarez to win by late stoppage in a a much tougher than expected fight.

Comment

Working...