Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

"Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Ok, in all seriousness, I've only seen about 7 hours of Revenant. What I saw was really good but I literally passed out after a while, probably cause I had just sat through all 3 hours of Hateful Eight. Hateful Eight was a great friggin movie. Really, really good. I' going to attempt to watch the rest of Revenant this weekend. Oh, and that wasn't no CGI bear - Leo actually fought a real bear and kicked its ass. Because he's a bad ass, aside from his tree huggin Hippie bullshit which I choose to overlook since he's one of my favorite actors. I mean, he's no Tom Cruise but he was awesome in Wolf of Wall Street. Which should win picture of the year every year until the end of time. Unless there's a good Tom Cruise movie out that year.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

I prefer mat demon , it was tough being stranded on the moon for his role.
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          Because he's a bad ass, aside from his tree huggin Hippie bullshit which I choose to overlook since he's one of my favorite actors.
          But haven't you heard? He witnessed global warming in Calgary. All of a sudden it got so warm that all the snow started melting and they had to find a new location to shoot.

No, Leo. That's a Chinook, lol.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Angel
            But haven't you heard? He witnessed global warming in Calgary. All of a sudden it got so warm that all the snow started melting and they had to find a new location to shoot.

I've seen those chinooks, cute little critters , cruel that people kill them and wear their fur

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              I've seen those chinooks, cute little critters , cruel that people kill them and wear their fur
              Only when the Chinook winds aren't blowing. Gets bloody cold up here ya know!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Ah, I'm all for cutting back pollution and trying to make coal plants really clean and maybe sending all the radioactive waste from all our power plants to like the moon or some place that's not here. Like the Middle East. But Leo is the last person to be going around crying about the planet when he spends the whole summer on his oil tycoon buddy's yacht lol. Which is what I'd be doing if I was him. But it's kinda like the beer commercials where they say "Please always drink responsibly". Well, it's kinda hard to do when you sell my favorite cheap beer in a damn 30 pack!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The bear attack would be pretty hard to do without CGI...
                  Think again.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I can't even remember the last time I watched the Academy Awards from start-to-finish...probably close to 20 years. Have seen the odd clips from various ones here and there...

I've found over the last decade or so I'm generally not seeing a large percentage of movies that are getting the nominations for various categories anyway, so I have no reason to bother watching the award ceremonies. And the movies I do see that end up being nominated for Oscars are ones that I saw before they were nominated anyway: put it this way, if I'm on the fence about seeing a movie and it happens to be released around the time the nominations are announced and it gets a nomination, that fact won't sway me one way or the other.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just realized I may have seen more winners of the Best Visual Effects than Best Film over the last 40 years...

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Think it's fair to say I like a big effects blockbuster but saying that I enjoyed mad max all the more knowing it wasn't all cgi .

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

How good The Revenant is seems to depend on how big a screen you see it on.

I hear it's really shitty on a tablet.

I preferred The Hateful 8

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Local writer on The Revenant:

As we approach the total fabulosity that is the annual Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night, I find that I can barely dredge up even mild excitement about it.

Maybe it's the #OscarsSoWhite issue. Maybe it's that "The Revenant," a movie I loathed, is poised to win a lot of the awards. Maybe it's the very idea of ranking films at all, the absurdity of declaring one better than all the others.

Whatever the cause, I've had so little interest in the Oscars over the past few weeks that I've started to wonder: Do they really matter?
                            Maybe it's the #OscarsSoWhite issue. Maybe it's that "The Revenant," a movie I loathed, is poised to win a lot of the awards. Maybe it's the very idea of ranking films at all, the absurdity of declaring one better than all the others. Whatever the cause, I've had so little interest in the Oscars over the past few weeks that I've started to wonder: Do they really matter?

And this morning I see there is a All Def Movie Awards, presented by Russell Simmons and hosted by Tony Rock. It'll run against the Oscars.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              How good The Revenant is seems to depend on how big a screen you see it on.

I hear it's really shitty on a tablet.

I preferred The Hateful 8
                              Or your mood or if you're Hungry or cold or not a fan of dialogue... Did the bear have the most lines

It went for the interstellar line in dialogue as in it's still dialogue if you can't hear what they are saying.
                              Last edited by vandeleur; 02-24-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

The hateful 8 was very good

Comment

Working...