• Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Whatever happened to...

that guy from Toto.

His website says
    "Bobby Kimball is The Original Lead Singer of the Multi Grammy Award Winning Super Band TOTO and one of the World's Top Vocalists Ever Faced this Planet."
    Enjoy and do hang around for the bass solo at the end...

• Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Is that clip really Bobby Kimball? Or is it just some random amateur band?

Either way, the lead vocals and the bass solo were goddamn awful.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

NAh nah nah ..... one line in and that kid ain't even done karaoke before..... Steve Lukather just felt a cold shudder
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
        Is that clip really Bobby Kimball? Or is it just some random amateur band?

Either way, the lead vocals and the bass solo were goddamn awful.
        If you read some of the comments Kimball blames his poor vocal performance on bad earpieces. On a few of the other videos he doesn't sound too bad until he tries too hard.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          If you read some of the comments Kimball blames his poor vocal performance on bad earpieces. On a few of the other videos he doesn't sound too bad until he tries too hard.
          Did the bad earpiece sing for him ?

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

And what does worlds top vocalist ever faced this planet even mean ...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I really wish the audience had "sang-along" a lot louder FFS...

And I am also frightened of the thing he has become...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                And what does worlds top vocalist ever faced this planet even mean ...
                I copied and pasted that from the meta data of his site.

Even if it was the earpiece which is a bit doubtful given its a relatively small setup, why not just take it out, what is the explanation for his keyboard playing timing?

It's like the ridiculous nonsense Mariah Carey is coming out with blaming everyone else for her being caught miming at New Year.

"It’s not practical for a singer to sing live and be able to hear themselves properly, in the middle of Times Square, with all the noise, the freezing cold, the smoke from the smoke machines, thousands of people celebrating. Especially when their ear monitors were not working at all. Listen guys, they foiled me. Thus, it turned into an opportunity to humiliate me and all those who were excited to ring in the new year with me."

They humiliated the audience? It's not possible for a singer to sing live when it's cold or people are celebrating? 'They' did it deliberately?

Pathetic.
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-08-2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well... at least now we know what happened to Newman.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh my fucking god... this shit gets even worse when he tries to sing Toto's best song.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Oh my fucking god... this shit gets even worse when he tries to sing Toto's best song.....

Just hang up!
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I copied and pasted that from the meta data of his site.

Even if it was the earpiece which is a bit doubtful given its a relatively small setup, why not just take it out, what is the explanation for his keyboard playing timing?

It's like the ridiculous nonsense Mariah Carey is coming out with blaming everyone else for her being caught miming at New Year.

"It’s not practical for a singer to sing live and be able to hear themselves properly, in the middle of Times Square, with all the noise, the freezing cold, the smoke from the smoke machines, thousands of people celebrating. Especially when their ear monitors were not working at all. Listen guys, they foiled me. Thus, it turned into an opportunity to humiliate me and all those who were excited to ring in the new year with me."

They humiliated the audience? It's not possible for a singer to sing live when it's cold or people are celebrating? 'They' did it deliberately?

Pathetic.
                        Just wait. Mariah Carey is opening for Lionel Richie later this year. She'll slip up somewhere and it'll be all over the tubes.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Miming? We call that lip syncing here. Miming is when you pretend you're in an invisible box and such.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...