• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

slave FORD just posted the perfect example of how the limey steals from AMERICAN artist. This is Lou Reed for fuck's sake, not Chuck Berry. I will never forgive slave FORD and Keith Richards for butchering Lou's legacy such as this. Just a travesty.

Comment

• Mushroom
        Commando
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
        slave FORD just posted the perfect example of how the limey steals from AMERICAN artist. This is Lou Reed for fuck's sake, not Chuck Berry. I will never forgive slave FORD and Keith Richards for butchering Lou's legacy such as this. Just a travesty.
        I couldn’t care less. Lou Reed is overrated. He might have been fun to party with but his music was average. He’s only “popular” because his attitude, he partied with David Bowie and did lots of coke, sucked dick, then made up shit music.

Damn I’m starting to sound like Kristy.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Does not matter. What matter is slave FORD's constant inability to decipher what is original, cool and what isn't. Listen to Lou speak. Only the first part of this interview where states he "plays everything from the heart" is all you need to know about Lou. Keith Richards plays from his bank account. Limey fucker.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually this is the first single from a Lou Reed tribute album, which features mostly Non-Limey artists. It will be available on your favorite holiday, 4/20.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Everything is a joke to you.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                I couldn’t care less. Lou Reed is overrated. He might have been fun to party with but his music was average. He’s only “popular” because his attitude, he partied with David Bowie and did lots of coke, sucked dick, then made up shit music.

Damn I’m starting to sound like Kristy.
                Reed was someone critics salivated all over. Much more so than the general public, who kinda liked Wild Side and didn't give two shits about anything else he ever did.

Best part of watching critical darlings who weren't exceptionally successful commercially age is how bitter they become the older they get. They simultaneously congratulate themselves for never being exceptionally successful commercially - because that way they can claim all the way to the grave that they never 'sold out, man!' - while lamenting the general public for not having been smart/hip enough to appreciate them, because HAD the general public been smart/hip enough to appreciate them, those critical darlings would have been more successful than they ended up being.

People like Lou Reed spent their entire careers trying to impress the ghost of Lester Bangs.
                Last edited by Terry; 03-03-2024, 08:23 PM. Reason: because my cunt hurts
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mushroom
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2009

Nice take Terry

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    People like Lou Reed spent their entire careers trying to impress the ghost of Lester Bangs.
                    Reed and Lester Bangs never got along after Lou's release of Berlin

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          I watched the Wiltern disc last night. I don't think that version of Dance was very good.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            I don't think that version of Dance was very good.
                            You fail to understand why.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You fail to understand why.
                              Maybe because Bill Wyman was better at playing those funky assed bass lines than Daryl Jones is?

Here's an unreleased instrumental version from the Emotional Rescue sessions.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Jones is no slouch on bass.

The Wiltern version just kind of plods along.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...