Eddie Confirms - "Back to the Future" Noodling was him....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

eddie appears to be def...he alywasy points his ear in the direction of people who talk to him and has to pay full attention...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      That was the day before yesterday, but anyway:

This is annoying me because I was sure it was 2015, I think that pic is a fake.

Either way it's really poignant to think that we are now as far away from the mid 80s as they were from the mid 50s.

I know it's an obvious thing but if your of an age it feels very weird...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wikki agrees with me, it was October 2015 which makes more sense being the same jump forward as it had been back.

Ok I may possibly crossing some line into pedantic nerdary time to log out...

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Man I dont even wanna think of that .... I started and it just depressed me lol
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Aha some nerd beat me to it.

Turtles All the Way Down is out now. JOHNGREENBOOKS.COM

As a hardcore Back to the Future nerd, I feel the need to clarify this frustrating meme that’s been circulating today and has everyone declaring today “Future Day.”

Sorry internet. It’s not 2015 yet.

In the first movie, Doc cycles through 3 dates while demonstrating the time circuits to Marty: Independence Day, the Birth of Christ and eventually settles on Nov 5, 1955, the day he invented time travel.

In the sequel, when Doc and Marty travel to the future, it appears that date is October 21, 2015. Sorry guys, we’ve got another 3 and a half years to go.

Ok I am going this time...

Comment

• perrin29
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Agreed, the bulk of those pap dudes are smarmy, arrogant little pricks. Pretty hard to see Ed when the pap is viewing the action through a three inch screen. Funny though "I'm right here" I wouldn't want to talk to any of those arseholes either.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                "VAN HALEN" was written on the label of Marty's cassette, and yes, it couldn't be anybody else playing that way with that sound
                that is so recognizable...
                Anyway, if it had been somebody else, there would have been a suit for unduely using the band name.
                Actually, the cassette said "EDWARD VAN HALEN", but the "EDWARD" was written very small across the top of the label.

That's my Back To The Future nerd trivia moment for ya....

Wish I could find a screen grab...
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

ufo's are actually teenagers from the future borrowing dad's ride for the weekend...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                    Wish I could find a screen grab...
                    Fuck....just pause the video from VA's original post at around the 1 second mark....you'll see it.
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Aha some nerd beat me to it.

Turtles All the Way Down is out now. JOHNGREENBOOKS.COM
                      Bloody right... I should have checked before posting that, my bad...
                      My 25-year-old sis posted it on her facebook page, and as she's the biggest Back to the Future fan I know,
                      I thought I didn't need to.

Anyway, that's right, it's a fake from another nitwit out there. Sorry.

On the right date we'll be as far from 1985 as we were from 1955 back then, as you say...

And it sucks... Feels like old-fartness is somewhere near!
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• loucap81
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2012

If I could only ask EVH one question, I don't know what it would be but it sure as hell wouldn't be that.

Reminds me of Homer Simpson asking the head Kwik-E-Mart guy in India if he was really the head of the Kwik-E-Mart.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          This is annoying me because I was sure it was 2015, I think that pic is a fake.
                          I thought the same thing but I figured I was probably wrong...

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by perrin29
                            Agreed, the bulk of those pap dudes are smarmy, arrogant little pricks. Pretty hard to see Ed when the pap is viewing the action through a three inch screen. Funny though "I'm right here" I wouldn't want to talk to any of those arseholes either.
                            I know they're just doing their jobs, but damn they are creepy. No wonder celebs usually look like they're staring at the Devil himself. DON'T LOOK AT THEIR EYES!!!!
                            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              those aren't interviewers. they are just douches hanging around LAX with cameras at the ready.
                              What he said...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                                I mean seriously, how could you miss Eddie Fucking Van Halen???
                                Because he barely resembles Eddie Van Halen ??

Comment

Working...