X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Beth

When Peter Criss would sit onstage singing this, all the women in the audience would start playing with themselves.....

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Beth

When Peter Criss would sit onstage singing this, all the women in the audience would start playing with themselves.....
      I did when Chris Barnes from Cannibal Corpse sang I Cum Blood and Meat Hook Sodomy.
      To each their own.

Comment

• Headly1984
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fraroc
        Styx still preforms to this day and puts on a very good show for deaf people, they really suck live

Tommy was a great album by The Who
        .. I saw STYX live a couple yrs ago and it was lame - they played a few songs then a long medley of their 'hits' - then goodnight everybody

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

To be On Topic, the only time I saw Styx live was on a video, shot during the Kilroy tour. Caught In The Act or something like that, I'm baked, fuck off. Anyway I thought songs like Snowblind or Rockin The Paradise were cool, so I listened to Paradise Theatre (even bought the vinyl, with a "laser side" - fans & collectors know what I'm talking about even if my English is quite miserable tonight), and fell "in love" with that song Nothing Ever Goes As Planned (or something). It was 12 years ago. I'm 34 and in France, Styx have NEVER been played on the radio. I still Love this song, this album kicks ass, now I'm off to bed and so are you, cause I see your eyelids going down.

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

Paradise Theatre kicks ass, no doubt about it. It's arguably Styx's last good album even though Edge of the Century has its moments.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• philouze
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

Listening to Paradise right now (Too Much Time On My Hands playing).. You can't take this "Rock-your-ass" side off of them. Even though...

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

James Young=James Hetfield????
                Well I'm baked: behold. I laughed.

Comment

• vh rides again
                  Commando
                  • Dec 2006

Always thought Styx sucked. Lame band, lame songs.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                    After making cheese ballads with Damn Yankees, Tommy Shaw has no room to preach about someone else making wuss music.
                    There were only a few ballads. And they weren't about losing pussy. Tedwouldn't allow it. Besides the best live version I ever heard of Renegade was with Ted on guitar. I think the one from their Uprising dvd is on You Tube. Shit they blewaway half the 90's bands live that I ever saw. Except maybe STP.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Yeah, but flip it a different way...

Not a huge Styx fan myself, but every time they're played on the radio almost without exception it's a song DeYoung sang lead on.

I'd be willing to wager that Styx's biggest hits were ones that DeYoung sang and wrote. Not talking quality, which in music is subjective, but economics: without DeYoung's contributions, Styx wouldn't even be worth talking about (inasmuch as they are anyway).

Also, what are the odds that people who go to see Styx these days, where Styx is part of a triple bill including, say, Kansas and REO Speedwagon...what are the odds that the majority of that audience is comprised of "hardcore Styx fans"?

Slim and none.

The majority of the audience are made up of people who only know the hits, and the overwhelming majority of those hits were sung by DeYoung.

In a larger sense, fuck the lot of 'em, DeYoung included.

I mean, it's Styx. Who gives a fuck?
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry

Not a huge Styx fan myself, but every time they're played on the radio almost without exception it's a song DeYoung sang lead on.

I'd be willing to wager that Styx's biggest hits were ones that DeYoung sang and wrote. Not talking quality, which in music is subjective, but economics: without DeYoung's contributions, Styx wouldn't even be worth talking about (inasmuch as they are anyway).

Also, what are the odds that people who go to see Styx these days, where Styx is part of a triple bill including, say, Kansas and REO Speedwagon...what are the odds that the majority of that audience is comprised of "hardcore Styx fans"?

Slim and none.

The majority of the audience are made up of people who only know the hits, and the overwhelming majority of those hits were sung by DeYoung.

I loved Styx. Crystal Ball, Grand Illusion, Equinox...and for the record "Crystal Ball" was written and sung by Tommy Shaw. "Boat on the River" is one of my all-time favourite songs!
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Terry

Slim and none.

You would win that bet. The DeYoung stuff was more radio friendly and did better on the chart. I think Too Much Time was Tommy's biggest. Sadly, I'll bet the majority of the audience at those triple bills don't even know DeYoung is missing.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

That doesn't mean that it should have been, or should be, DeYoung's way or the highway.....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                              ...Sadly, I'll bet the majority of the audience at those triple bills don't even know DeYoung is missing.
                              Yeah, I thought this was Styx.

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

Everybody Up!! (Oakland 81 style)

Comment

Working...