Stomp Box Addiction? Compulsive FX Disorder? You decide......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Stomp Box Addiction? Compulsive FX Disorder? You decide......

Ok here is an interesting performance art notion:

Wire up about 1,000 of them and lay them on the floor just as the ones above are.

Plug them into a Marshall stack.

Turn the amp on and up, and have someone like Yngwie Malmsteen do 20 minutes of masturbatory guitar soloing while a hot naked chick in kneepads, studded leather gloves, and Nike Air Jordans crawls back and forth over them while twisting the knobs randomly.

Then for the grand finale, have the naked chick throw some gasoline on the field of pedals, and set them on fire while Yngwie Malmsteen tries to play something that reflects what is going on.

And record the entire event at 24-bit, 96khz in 3-D 7.1 surround sound.

Available at a music store near your on Blu-Ray for $19.99

Special editions include a genuine standard guitar pick available at any guitar shop, and an autograph by the hot naked chick who is in the video.

Ultra speshul $100 deluxe editions contain the pick, the autographed Blu-ray cover and a 1" section of one of the melted guitar cables used to hook the pedals together.

Sounds like a way to make some cool cash. So who wants to donate the pedals, the guitar and the Marshal Stack?

We need the services of a mobile recording studio, a 3-D camera crew from James Cameron, and the willingness of Yngwie Malmsteen to donate 20 minutes of his precious time to randomly noodle on the guitar. Which he can then smash into the Marshall stack after setting it on fire. All pieces of said guitar and amp to be auctioned off for charity.

All the remains of the pedals to be auctioned off to benefit the International Association For The Preservation Of The Island Of Misfit Guitar Toys.

• jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I saw somewhere that that is supposedly David Byrne's pedalboard... never knew he was that into effects, you certainly can't tell from the Talking Heads music...although Adrian Belew played for them for a bit IIRC, and that guy is an effects wiz...maybe he caught the bug from him...

I like your idea though... Can the naked girl please be Kate Upton?
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Shit. That dude bought the whole Boss catalog. Nice neat wiring loom though. I really don't mess with pedals that much because I find dealing with them as annoying. They are all over the floor, you have to find a power source. Some of the ones I like are old ones that only use a battery and it's always dead. I usually just say fuck it and plug directly into the amp. I would rather play than mess with stuff in the signal chain and tap dance on it.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Plus too many pedals in front of your amp completely sucks the life out of your tone. Besides a Boss TU-2, the only things in front of my amp are an MXR Micro Amp (for a solo boost) and a Vox Wah...
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Now I'm in a 1 guitar band I'm finding I'm using effects much more but I'm trying to reign it in a bit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Absolutely. I was told by a sound engineer that one of the weakest links is the cables in the system. He said he sees so many people buy expensive gear and good speakers and use cheap shit cables. I use really good guitar cables and I have found they are cheaper in the long run. They last longer than the cheap shit but even at that you have to replace them time to time. The more you add in that signal chain the more resistance and opportunity for noise you get. You are dealing with a very weak signal from guitar pickups, it doesn't take much to screw it up before the first stage of the pre-amp boosts it to line level.

I usually have a Strat through a Fender 63 Reverb pedal, and a Vox wah wah and into the amp. That's it. I use a SansAmp PSA1.1 and that's running direct into the PA and feeding my monitors. Not much to hide behind.

I run my bass through the same SansAmp but into a different channel. It works great for those nice glassy Strat tones and bass. For dirt I still like a good ol tube head.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I have 3 stomp boxes.

Firstly is original Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer, then a Boss tuner, then a Boss NS-1 noise gate. Into my Marshall stack.

That is all I use. No use for anything else.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Now I'm in a 1 guitar band I'm finding I'm using effects much more but I'm trying to reign it in a bit.
                Yeah, I didn't use any effects at all in the 90s, but as I started doing the 1-guitar band thing again I decided it'd be cool to be able to embellish things a bit. Plus doing covers again it helped to be able to better emulate the standout recorded tones of the set list. I have a Line 6 MM4 and DL4 along with an EVH Phase90 in my loop to cover all the flange/chorus/vibrato/echo needs, I'd like to add an MXR Carbon Copy sometime in the future, but I still want to keep things fairly simple.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I became addicted to my MXR phaser for a while there, trying to get it down to using it under half the time...

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Why are Boss DD3's so in demand over the other shit they have made since?

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

Because it's cool...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

2998 POSTS!

come on woman....2 more. Make #3000 a GREAT one!
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I have a DD3.

Golly.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            I became addicted to my MXR phaser for a while there, trying to get it down to using it under half the time...
                            I have one and found I used it more for Hendrix Univibe effects with a Fuzz Face than using it for VH stuff.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

I am an effects addict..................

just saying................

Comment

Working...