Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

Three weeks complete rest but then 30 days to essentially retraing your voice because usually singers have adapted to the damage and developed bad habits because of that. Paul Stanley sounds much stronger after his surgery last year and Don Dokken raved about the rehab which he said surprised him how many bad habits he picked up. Have not heard him sing since his surgery.

Doing that surgery mid tour would be very unlikely but not impossible.

I think 2007 Dave was much more disciplined with his mechanics

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

The St. Paul crowd was amped from my angle. The only people sitting down were the little kids (a couple who fell asleep by STW and slumbered until Jump). Otherwise, I didn't see a soul sit down for the entire show. Crowd was loud and appreciative - even saw quite a few Zippos come out for Women In Love and Dave's Ice Cream Man dog story...
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        Hello, I'm Northern Girl, member #200! Thanks so much for telling me all about Dave. I know nothing about him. None of us here do.

No one is expecting him to be perfect, but facts are facts. I know the songs. I know the lyrics and I know what I heard. And NO FUCKING WAY was Dave as good as he could be last night. Now you are the one ragging on him and basically saying subpar is all we can ever expect of him. I don't fucking believe that.
        Your the one who said you were embarrassed for him last night right ?? Yep Dave singing subpar sometimes is a fact !! He has his great moments every show. Always has. But he also has never been concerned with missing lines and coming into a song late. Ever ! It's who he is. It has nothing to do with his voice being strong at all. In 07 it was strong and that was great. I'm sure he was happy as hell he could sing that good for that tour. This one he can't. So he does what works for him. I think it's the dancing and showmanship this tour. If you feel I was going after you sorry.
        Last edited by 78/84 guy; 05-20-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Random 45 I came across at a vinyl shop a few blocks from the Xcel. They had a decent condition record of their first album for $4 - seriously considered buying it - but already own that album. Kind of wish I would have now. They also had 45's of Goin' Crazy, and lots of other vintage VH, but none in their original sleeves.

P.S. Also had Spamulus Flatulas live 1980 album in the dollar bin. Heh heh...
          Attached Files

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Momshell
            HAIL

wtf only two of us like this vids.......come on!!!!!!!!!!!
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Yep. I ordered it.

Divine intervention? I like to think so...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Random =VH= shot...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

I got better tickets for free...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

At the same vinyl shop mentioned above. I gave this guy a break. He's a small business owner just trying to make ends meet. He wants to sell albums - and unfortunately there's a dwindling market for the Spam Hagar years. My logic is: at least he had the good sense to separate the two and not lump all the records under VAN HALEN. I appreciated his effort and told him so.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by So this is love
                      wtf only two of us like this vids.......come on!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I thought Dave sang this very good watching this back. Some of the early shows he struggled with it like Dance The Night Away. He did better with that last night also in spots. Still a little high though. Ed's solo on this is awesome.

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Nothin' left to do but sweep up the confetti...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Zing! is everything alright?

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by So this is love
                            Zing! is everything alright?
                            Do you mean other than =VH= withdrawal? Seriously hoping this isn't the last time I'll ever see the band live - others can relate to the next-day syndrome. Other than slightly hung over, I'll feel like a hundred dollars. How are you?

Comment

• Never was
                              Foot Soldier
                              • May 2012

Dave's voice has gotten stronger as the tour has progressed. Its not as solid as 07 but I do not think he has been bad either. He has not been as consistent at times but his range has been what it usually is just not as tightly controlled.

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                                Do you mean other than =VH= withdrawal? Seriously hoping this isn't the last time I'll ever see the band live - others can relate to the next-day syndrome. Other than slightly hung over, I'll feel like a hundred dollars. How are you?
                                Day after is always like a huge hangover....VH future looks very bright for us fans by the look of dlr vids from your woods...
                                Last edited by So this is love; 05-20-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...