X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
    I suspect that Krist would insist on Chad Channing being included, and that Kurt would want him there too, if he were available for comment (though Kurt might also be inclined to give a Johnny Rotten style "piss off" response, or at least wear his "Corporate Rock STILL Sucks" t-shirt to the event)

I also doubt that Dave Grohl would have a problem with Chad being there. Arguably, if Bleach hadn't been as successful of an album as it was, Nirvana never would have gained attention outside of the Puget Sound club scene, and Grohl never would have got the gig.
    Granted, that is all true. I am just curious as to how their induction shows up more of these inconsistencies - e.g., why no John Rutsey when Rush were inducted? It's a rather similar scenario to Chad Channing, I'd say. And Terry Chimes with The Clash, as well.

But the thing is, they need to induct Chad to get Nirvana in to the RRHOF as fast as this, and they needed to induct Terry Chimes to get The Clash in as soon as they were eligible - but I think we all know that Rush were another act that they only begrudgingly let in.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I agree that Terry Chimes should have got in with The Clash. Topper was the far better drummer, of course, but Chimes was there in the beginning, and he came back when Topper was too strung out to do it, and did that huge tour with The Who in 1982.

I would have also included John Rutsey with Rush. I'm surprised he did not get in, especially since he's now deceased, and it seems like the dead guys in the band always get inducted without objection. This may be my personal bias showing, but I'll blame this on their manager, Ray Danniels. He can Fuck Off!
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Zing!
        I'd rather see that than 1/2 of KISS with scabs.
        If they wear their make up it'll hide most of them.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
          Seems like Gene and Paul wanted to to right by EVERYONE that's ever been in the band but were shot down by the mistake by the lake museum.
          The museum doesn't decide, the HOF foundation out of NYC does.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

What would be really rock and roll is to tell the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to fuck off and they can shove their induction and awards up their collective asses. If that got enough news coverage, people would love it and make your bank more popular than ever.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Anything KISS did that was worthy of Hall of Fame induction was before that fucking disco album, which began the disintegration of the band.

So in other words, the original lineup IS the only thing worth talking about, in the context of the Hall of Fame.

If you like those 80's albums with the Desmond Childmolestor ballads, or the current scabs in Ace & Peter's makeup then by all means listen to them. But don't delude yourself that it's what got them the nomination. And that includes you, Chaim and Stan.

The revolving door bullshit is what kept them out of the running as long as it did. Same with Van Halen, and we all saw what a joke that ceremony turned into, with no current band members showing up, and only one original band member making an ass of himself with that tequila shilling chedhead whose ass he can't seem to remove his skull from.
              +1 I say
              This space for rent.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                What would be really rock and roll is to tell the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to fuck off and they can shove their induction and awards up their collective asses. If that got enough news coverage, people would love it and make your bank more popular than ever.
                That's a great idea but it would never happen. We are talking Simmons here. He will go just too take all the credit !!! I was never much of a Kiss fan except for Ace. Gene is a complete dick for not wanting too perform, what ? 2 songs together ? He isn't rock & roll. Never fucking was !!! Just a business man. What a slap in the face too the fans. But I guess VH fans are used too that shit. At least they put out their old concerts ! Unlike Ed. Sure it's too make a buck first in genes eye's, but I give him credit for that at least. Maybe he's afraid his scab players would be worried about a mini reunion ?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

I think the real concern on Gene and Paul's part is that if they reunite for 2 songs it will create possible pressure for a full on reunion tour with Ace and Peter. I don't think they want to open that door. At the end of the day it is Gene and Paul that own the name so i guess they have the right to do what they want to. I don't have to like it. I would point out that Gene and Paul are the one's that like to claim their every move is for the fans. This doesn't support that.
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    I think the real concern on Gene and Paul's part is that if they reunite for 2 songs it will create possible pressure for a full on reunion tour with Ace and Peter. I don't think they want to open that door..
                    Which is exactly what happened back in 1995, when they did the Unplugged thing on eMpTyV.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                      I think the real concern on Gene and Paul's part is that if they reunite for 2 songs it will create possible pressure for a full on reunion tour with Ace and Peter. I don't think they want to open that door. At the end of the day it is Gene and Paul that own the name so i guess they have the right to do what they want to. I don't have to like it. I would point out that Gene and Paul are the one's that like to claim their every move is for the fans. This doesn't support that.
                      I agree. They could just come out and position it better. I mean the shit they always say. They run Ace and Peter down at every turn they can. How about just don't say anything at all instead of "they're losers and drug addicts". I think they've both cleaned up their act so let it go Chiam. Just play a couple of tunes in no makeup, make that statement that this is all it is and move on. Gene and Paul always have to posture themselves as the "class" but they just look like fools. But I guess I have to say there are still people drinking KISS Koolade who lap up the shit that comes out of their mouths.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

How bout Ace and Peter get up there and play a few tunes with a few scab players ?? Fuck the 2 business men !!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

People are putting wayyyyyy too much thought into this. Bottom line- the fans lobbied hard to get them in. The fans wanted a reunion of the originals. KISS has said since day one that they give the fans what they want. They PLANNED to play, until something changed that. My guess is that Paul and Gene wanted to play with the scabs and then maybe have Ace and Peter join in on a song. Ace and Peter said "fuck off" and that led to Paul and Gene getting upset and saying no reunion. Pissed off fans reacted and then the guys who have been saying they were going to play for the fans, decide to not play at all.

Paul and Gene KNOW they are wrong here. Instead of doing what's right, they are coping out.
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            That's a great idea but it would never happen. We are talking Simmons here. He will go just too take all the credit !!! I was never much of a Kiss fan except for Ace. Gene is a complete dick for not wanting too perform, what ? 2 songs together ? He isn't rock & roll. Never fucking was !!! Just a business man. What a slap in the face too the fans. But I guess VH fans are used too that shit. At least they put out their old concerts ! Unlike Ed. Sure it's too make a buck first in genes eye's, but I give him credit for that at least. Maybe he's afraid his scab players would be worried about a mini reunion ?
                            I don't think Gene cares for Ace or peter and the band has done great without them. Gene probably is looking at it like a businessman. He knows the Hall of Fame has very little effect on the bottom line. They don't need the publicity, they will sell just as many tickets without messing with a Hall of Fame reunion show.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              I don't think Gene cares for Ace or peter and the band has done great without them. Gene probably is looking at it like a businessman. He knows the Hall of Fame has very little effect on the bottom line. They don't need the publicity, they will sell just as many tickets without messing with a Hall of Fame reunion show.
                              If it weren't for Ace and Peter reuniting with the band in the 90s, scab KISS wouldn't be selling jack. They were really not selling albums or selling out arenas anymore with Bruce and Eric. The reunion regenerated interest in the live show. That's why when Ace and Peter left again, they didn't go back to the no makeup version. They knew that fans were more likely to come see scabs in makeup than two regular guys.
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                                If it weren't for Ace and Peter reuniting with the band in the 90s, scab KISS wouldn't be selling jack. They were really not selling albums or selling out arenas anymore with Bruce and Eric. The reunion regenerated interest in the live show. That's why when Ace and Peter left again, they didn't go back to the no makeup version. They knew that fans were more likely to come see scabs in makeup than two regular guys.
                                This.

Recently read the book written by one of KISS' business managers from those days. The crowds in the non-makeup era were consistently going down as the years went by, like the Van Velveeta era. By the early '90's, they were in serious financial trouble.

I give them some credit, though. I think their days of selling out arenas each and every city are long gone, although they'll get the occasional sellout from time to time nowadays. They'll still get the big crowds overseas, like VH did recently. They still get very respectable crowds after 40 years, unlike some bands who like to call themselves "supergroups", like Chickenshit, who can't fill medium-sized venues....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...