Meat Loaf Dead at Age 74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Apparently "that" was to get vaccinated.

Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes.
    Meat Loaf probably died on the toilet while pinching a loaf.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      "I would do anything for love but I won't do that"

He always refused to clarify what was meant by that and now both him and Steinman are dead we may never know.

At the time when it came out and being a pretty young and naive guy and fpr whatever reason I always assumed it was pegging but now I'm much older I do wonder at just how fucking dark that song might be.

Discuss. (10 marks)
      It's pretty simple actually you silly Scottish goose!

And I would do anything for love,
      I'd run right into hell and back
      I would do anything for love,
      I'll never lie to you and that's a fact

But I'll never forget the way you feel right now,
      Oh no, no way.
      But I won't do that

No I won't do that

He's simply referring to the previous verse, the protagonist "would do anything for love", but he won't stoop to lying to convince her to fall in love with him....

The music video opens up the additional theme that he would do anything for love but he won't use his magic or powers to seduce her (i.e. rock and roll celebrity)...

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
        "His vaccine status not released"

How does that become anyone else's business? Because he was a celebrity?
        According to TMZ, he used his celebrity to rail against vaccine mandates melting down about it in Australia...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
          It's pretty simple actually you silly Scottish goose!

I'd run right into hell and back
          I would do anything for love,
          I'll never lie to you and that's a fact

But I'll never forget the way you feel right now,
          Oh no, no way.
          But I won't do that

No I won't do that

He's simply referring to the previous verse, the protagonist "would do anything for love", but he won't stoop to lying to convince her to fall in love with him....

The music video opens up the additional theme that he would do anything for love but he won't use his magic or powers to seduce her (i.e. rock and roll celebrity)...
          No he says he won't lie about the pegging/kitten fucking/insurrection but won't specify what it is.

Comment

The song is like staring at clouds or ink blots. Everyone is going to see things differently but you can tell who the real twisted perverts are by their interpretations.

Comment

Uh oh...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                No he says he won't lie about the pegging/kitten fucking/insurrection but won't specify what it is.

That was from Steinman, in an interview a while back. He thought it was unambiguous but of course others disagree. But he's simply saying the guy is honorable and won't "play", con or "trick' her into a relationship...

Of course we can do Jacque Derrida shit all day with this..

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                  Too funny. Everyone is obsessed about people’s healthcare and politics right now. If the guy died 30 years ago it would just be Meat Loaf died. Oh yeah. He was the dude that sang Bat out of Hell.
                  That's pretty much all it was to me when he did pass away several days ago. I wasn't even aware of his politics.

Yeah, he was in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but when I think of the Rocky Horror Picture Show he isn't who immediately springs to mind. Yeah, he was in Fight Club, but...same thing.

Bat Out Of Hell WAS a great fucking album, though. For me, it still holds up as well as it ever did. And Meat Loaf was the voice of that.

I dunno...for me, Meat Loaf is just one of those defining iconic entertainers who defined the 1970s for me. I can't say anything he did post-Bat mattered much to me...not even that I'll Do Anything For Love single, because never cared for it.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                    That's pretty much all it was to me when he did pass away several days ago. I wasn't even aware of his politics.

Yeah, he was in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but when I think of the Rocky Horror Picture Show he isn't who immediately springs to mind. Yeah, he was in Fight Club, but...same thing.

Bat Out Of Hell WAS a great fucking album, though. For me, it still holds up as well as it ever did. And Meat Loaf was the voice of that.

I dunno...for me, Meat Loaf is just one of those defining iconic entertainers who defined the 1970s for me. I can't say anything he did post-Bat mattered much to me...not even that I'll Do Anything For Love single, because never cared for it.
                    For me he was the sweaty fat guy in a cheesy 70’s ruffled tuxedo shirt singing the hell out of Bat Out of Hell. He looked like he was going to drop from a heart attack way back then. He was just one of those guys who grabbed your attention while growing up. People die. Fat people die sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                      For me he was the sweaty fat guy in a cheesy 70’s ruffled tuxedo shirt singing the hell out of Bat Out of Hell. He looked like he was going to drop from a heart attack way back then. He was just one of those guys who grabbed your attention while growing up. People die. Fat people die sooner.
                      I was saying to the missus the other day, in the wake of Bob Saget and Betty White and several other older celebs passing that doubtless we'll start seeing them dropping off in bucketloads, just by virtue of their age...like, celebs of various walks we liked back when we were kids in the 1970s and they were twenty or so years older THEN...now these people are hitting their sixties and beyond, and it's just what happens to everybody eventually.

My wife and I also started joking with each other right around the time Prince and David Bowie died about how people take to social media immediately after and say the deceased was "always their favorite artist ever"...and how that online sentiment is such overstated bullshit. Especially when you look at where Prince and David Bowie were career-wise when they died: clearly the tens of millions of people who claimed they were their "favorite artists always" weren't buying their music anymore, and hadn't been for decades in the case of Bowie. Why not just be truthful and say you liked Prince back when Purple Rain was popular? Or that you liked David Bowie back when Let's Dance was released? None of this overblown "my favorite artist EVER!!!" lying bullshit.

Like, the height of the ridiculousness for me thus far has a couple of weeks ago when we went out to a local pizza restaurant to get an early dinner on a Saturday night. This was the weekend after White had died. Not New Year's Weekend, but the following weekend. Sitting on a table as we walked in was a bouquet of flowers next to a picture of Betty White with a sheet of paper upon which the words GOODBYE BETTY WHITE WE WILL MISS YOU ALWAYS!! were printed.

I was just shaking my head. I mean, this is just a local pizza place with a small bar and a bunch of tvs that have sports on: nobody eating there gave two shits about Betty White. The staff, who were in their mid-twenties on the average, didn't give two shits about Betty Fucking White.

I mean, this wasn't a restaurant Betty White had even been to once, and it's not like we live in Betty White's hometown.

Everybody is in this race to be the first to publicly grieve the loudest.

I suppose this public faux-grief is better than nobody giving a shit about anybody ever, but...it just rings kinda hollow to me.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...
                      X