No announcement yet.

Guitar fever strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

I was going to go to Guitar Center out by the airport, but the CIC is in town and I didn't want to get stuck waiting for the motorcade to go by. I'll go Monday and maybe bring another one home.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by VAiN View Post

The Kramer plays like butter!! I can't believe the condition it's in - just beautiful! The action is super low with no flat spots. A player all the way!
        I have a Kramer Elliot Easton. Probably my favorite guitar.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Picked up a sweet late 82/early 83 Voyager. Took it to my guy and now it plays like a dream.

Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

For a 35 year old axe that fret board/neck looks like it's never been played!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
              For a 35 year old axe that fret board/neck looks like it's never been played!!
              That's exactly what my set-up guy said.. His theory is the previous set-up (stock?) was so bad that no one really played it. I tend to agree.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

It's official - I am a guitar-a-holic. This was delivered a couple of days ago. Used 2011 Wolf Special Hardtail Made in Japan.
                Not many of these available so somewhat rare. Particularly in quilted maple tobacco burst color.

Where can I receive professional help.

wolf1.jpg

wolf2.jpg
                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

I looked at another one Friday. May go back and grab it this week.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                    It's official - I am a guitar-a-holic. This was delivered a couple of days ago. Used 2011 Wolf Special Hardtail Made in Japan.
                    Not many of these available so somewhat rare. Particularly in quilted maple tobacco burst color.

Where can I receive professional help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17125[/ATTACH]
                    That looks great, I think tobacco sunburst is my fave look for a guitar.

If you buy a used guitar like that at a good price then the way to look at it is that it's just keeping a bit of your bank balance in the form of a guitar which you can convert back whenever.

How much was it?

Comment

Agree on the Tobacco burst color- really pops especially in the red case! So I didn't get a mind blowing deal on it,
                      but $750.00 including case and shipping seemed fair.

There is a MIC tobacco burst special on Reverb that is mint new/refurbished. Seller says authorized refurbisher couldn't find anything wrong with it so they stamped "used" on back of headstock.
                      beautiful guitar if you don't mind the MIC label or hardtail version and a pretty good price. There are a few others out there but not many

https://reverb.com/item/13593048-evh...-tobacco-burst
                      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Nice guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post

If you buy a used guitar like that at a good price then the way to look at it is that it's just keeping a bit of your bank balance in the form of a guitar which you can convert back whenever.
                          My wife isn't buying this argument!!
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo Delight View Post
                            My wife isn't buying this argument!!
                            A few guys I've known over the years have found themselves way richer just by moving to splitting the joint pocket money evenly with their wives and been surprised by that. Wives tend to spend way more than you might think on themselves...

A guitar like that one above could be 2 months female hair and general maintenance...
                            Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-11-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I bought a 78 Strat used in 1981 and it had the original case, tags and even the receipt. I still have it. I could sell it now for a lot more thanI paid for it. I probably could get $2000 for it. Money well spent.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Wow, these Kramer guitars look so good. I remember when I was a child, my father had two, and when her friend came, they used to have guitar sessions, and it was so cool. I dreamed about playing guitar myself, but when I grew up, it wasn't the time when it was popular or widespread to play guitar. But everything in our world changes so much and so quickly, and all those old trends come back, and now it's quite popular to play guitar again. I'm a huge fan of blues because for me it's one of the most dynamic and powerful sounds, so when I was choosing which guitar to buy, I decided to buy a blues guitar. When I started to look for the guitar, I found out that there is no particular guitar made to play only blues. Famous musicians don't need special guitars to play blues, and the guitar has to have those blue tones. There are a lot of different articles, reviews on the internet about the best guitars, and this is one of the best I found because are a lot of useful info, detailed description, and characteristics of each guitar. Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom EX and Squirer by Fender Classis Vibe 50’S Hand Telecaster Electric Guitar, for now, are the best for me in terms of quality and features, so I need a little more time to think which one to choose.
                                Last edited by twonabomber; 03-19-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X