Can I Count On the Roth Army to Help Me?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

True what E says.

Hey, kudos to you K for at least trying. And you did manage to get a few votes out of some of us. But you had to know it was a rocky and dangerous path to take, lol.

Comment

• koconne8
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Mar 2012

Well I'd rather try it here than on the VHLinks with their Spambots and Chickenshit fans infesting the place..

Comment

• don don
        Groupie
        • Jan 2007

Dude...I gotta be honest. I, too, have VERY few posts on this site. But what one person defines as fandom may be 180 degrees opposite from another's. I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt Van Halen is, was, and will always be my favorite band. I have the ink to back it up. Just because you or I don't have a million posts doesn't mean that we're not fans of DLR era CVH. The best you could do at this point is show some humility. It makes you look MUCH worse to bash back. I don't pretend for a second to be "experienced" on this site. But I have and always will show respect and treat others the way I would want to be treated. Most of the time, I'm sitting back "learning" from those that have been on here much longer. I can say without hesitation Va (among others) have treated me very well to be such a "newbie." Thanks again Va for that!

I honestly think you had the best of intentions by asking for the Army's support. But you gotta show some love and build rapport before you go asking for WORLDWIDE support from a site that has very strong and close ties to DLR himself. I'm pretty quiet on here because I'm a newbie and I'm fine with that. But I also know I gotta start somewhere. Everyone else was in our shoes before too. I truly wish you the best of luck with the contest. But I think your enthusiasm outweighed your idea of common courtesy. Just because VH has been quiet for more years than not doesn't decrease any of the true fan's desire (obsession) with all things DLR/VH. I'm guilty of frustration mixed with excitement only to have the proverbial rug ripped out from under me worse than Lucy and Charlie Brown.

All I'm saying is this. I'm NOT raining on your parade. I'm trying to explain the best way I know how that being "new" on this site means paying our dues, respecting those that have been on here for YEARS longer than we knew there even was a DLR Army site. And to mold your enthusiasm and excitement into a "shared" experience with everyone on here. Like I said, Good Luck! Hope you get those tickets! And by the way, I always wanted an Animal tattoo, but went with other options. If Kermit is your thing, rock it out! But you gotta be able to take the "heat" from everyone that doesn't share the same love of the fuzzy ones. That's all I'm saying!

Peace and good luck with Kermie!

Don don

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Good call, Don.

Not saying he is not a fan. Not at all.

And am not really "slamming" him or his desire to see the Mighty VH.

But I have taken the liberty of poking some fun at him.

Not meaning it in any sort of malicious or hurtful way.

If he wants help here, he has to pay to play. And he did get some help already.

Hope he can win the tickets.

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by don don
            Dude...I gotta be honest. I, too, have VERY few posts on this site. But what one person defines as fandom may be 180 degrees opposite from another's. I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt Van Halen is, was, and will always be my favorite band. I have the ink to back it up. Just because you or I don't have a million posts doesn't mean that we're not fans of DLR era CVH. The best you could do at this point is show some humility. It makes you look MUCH worse to bash back. I don't pretend for a second to be "experienced" on this site. But I have and always will show respect and treat others the way I would want to be treated. Most of the time, I'm sitting back "learning" from those that have been on here much longer. I can say without hesitation Va (among others) have treated me very well to be such a "newbie." Thanks again Va for that!

I honestly think you had the best of intentions by asking for the Army's support. But you gotta show some love and build rapport before you go asking for WORLDWIDE support from a site that has very strong and close ties to DLR himself. I'm pretty quiet on here because I'm a newbie and I'm fine with that. But I also know I gotta start somewhere. Everyone else was in our shoes before too. I truly wish you the best of luck with the contest. But I think your enthusiasm outweighed your idea of common courtesy. Just because VH has been quiet for more years than not doesn't decrease any of the true fan's desire (obsession) with all things DLR/VH. I'm guilty of frustration mixed with excitement only to have the proverbial rug ripped out from under me worse than Lucy and Charlie Brown.

All I'm saying is this. I'm NOT raining on your parade. I'm trying to explain the best way I know how that being "new" on this site means paying our dues, respecting those that have been on here for YEARS longer than we knew there even was a DLR Army site. And to mold your enthusiasm and excitement into a "shared" experience with everyone on here. Like I said, Good Luck! Hope you get those tickets! And by the way, I always wanted an Animal tattoo, but went with other options. If Kermit is your thing, rock it out! But you gotta be able to take the "heat" from everyone that doesn't share the same love of the fuzzy ones. That's all I'm saying!

Don don
            Awesome post Don, hope we hear more from you!
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
              Awesome post Don, hope we hear more from you!

Agree. Nicely said Don.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by don don
                Dude...

All I'm saying is this. I'm NOT raining on your parade.

Well played Don...but don't hold back... piss on the SOB's leg and tell him it's fuckin raining!!

This is the Roth Army.

Odds are the little guy probably has Barney tatted on his ass and an Elmo tramp stamp...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Is it too late for Don to enter and kick the frogs ass ??

Comment

• koconne8
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Mar 2012

hey you know what I never had a shot at winning so idgaf.. I know how the Roth Army operates so I knew what to expect before I posted anything. But hey doing something gives you more of a chance than not doing anything at all (most of the time).. If people want to make fun of me and my tattoo and say they won't vote it's no big deal.. I've heard it all before lol.... anyway, I'll probably go down to the arena and try to score a cheap ticket the day of the show. I'll come back with a review/pics or something if I go.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I gotta say, this entire thread has me laughing my ass off right now.......funny as all hell.

Comment

• Momshell
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Love the tattoo don don!!
                        Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• private parts
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2007

Someone needs to start a POST YOUR TAT tread. Momshell?
                          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Momshell
                            Love the tattoo don don!!
                            Yep - need to amend my first post: he should have got a tat like Momshell, Don Don, and every other badass with a classic =VH= tattoo.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Momshell
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by private parts
                              Someone needs to start a POST YOUR TAT tread. Momshell?
                              Done!!!
                              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                I gotta say, this entire thread has me laughing my ass off right now.......funny as all hell.

Yes! This has been one of the more fun threads we've had in a while. Dude should get a vote or 2 just for keeping us amused & taking a beating.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...