Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
    a horrible karaoke singer....
    You know all about that!

In '07 DLR said "judge us harshly..." I'm wondering if he forgot he said that.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Jesus Christ...

David Lee Roth

No kicks
      Kicks were your top priority?

Really?

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
        You know all about that!

In '07 DLR said "judge us harshly..." I'm wondering if he forgot he said that.
        That was 8 years ago and he brought his A game.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Jesus Christ...

David Lee Roth

No kicks
          Horrible vocals
          horrible timing
          looks disoriented on stage

There is really NOTHING left in him....

The greatest front man of all time is NOTHING now.... i'm not watching any more video..... i'm depressed.
          I'm fine he can't move around as much. He is 60. It's the other stuff. Well his singing. He CAN correct it and just won't. He proves he can sing on one song then fucks up the next with that high register stuff. And all the yelping in between some of the line have too go. Yelp away from the mike if you need too do it !! I think he just doesn't give a shit. And I'm pissed at him for it. It's pure laziness from a guy who's only REAL job is too sing 50 show's every 3 years. I won't go see them. I'm sure they will do some good show's but they could be so much better.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

I found youtube footage of Dave warming up before last nights show....

What you will never understand is your comments woop..that is how you feel, you, are the fruitcake dancing in that vid, it isn't your describing of DLR that is you..your the one that is you.... that is what this music does to you .

You didn't get it back in 02 and you were completely off tilt in 2007 and you still can't see that this is you.

You aren't describing, pointing out.letting us in on your big secret, we already know.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Kicks were your top priority?

Really?
              Same thing I thought when someone mentioned the stage and lights.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• slimdon
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

I went to the show, and loved it. Traveled almost 200 miles to get there, then another to get home. Add in a 90 minute ferry both ways, and ya get my point. I've put on a lot of miles for this band's music, and I'll do it all over again. I'm a happier guy when they're my soundtrack, and I gotta say they had me from the start of 'Light Up The Sky' last night. It was hotter than hell, and quite fitting for a summertime Van Halen show. Dave didn't mess up too many lyrics, and all-in-all was fun to watch. As I said in my post prior to the show; you won't hear any complaints from me as I'm happy that I had another chance to see Dave & the brothers. The set list was wonderful, (as many of you have noticed), and had my brain tripping down memory lane all through out the concert, and damn near brought a tear to my eye during 'Feel Your Love Tonight'. They all looked great and appeared to be having a good time... along with me and a ton of other people. I had too many favorite moments to name. I heard the morning guys from KISM cranking 'Drop Dead Legs' from last night's gig on their program this morning. An absolutely Vantastic way to end my July 4th weekend!
                Last edited by slimdon; 07-06-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

I don't want to spend the day telling you all what a date with a woman is the planning the talking the getting things done to make it happen the concert is the 5th or 6th thing we will do that night a concert is part of the night.

I feel sorry for you cunts who have nothing else.

I can see your complaints to bad you can't work something else into your day.....it doesn't matter what the band sounds or looks like...get it....it's all about what ..YOU are doing.....

If you only knew something else to talk about...be somebody else perhaps....?
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by slimdon
                    I went to the show, and loved it. They had me from the start of 'Light Up The Sky'. It was hotter than hell, and quite fitting for a summertime Van Halen show. Dave didn't mess up too many lyrics, and all-in-all was fun to watch. As I said in my post prior to the show; you won't hear any complaints from me as I'm happy that I had another chance to see Dave & the brothers. The set list was wonderful, (as many of you have noticed), and had my brain tripping down memory lane all through out the concert, and damn near brought a tear to my eye during 'Feel Your Love Tonight'. They all looked great and appeared to be having a good time... along with me and a ton of other people. I had too many favorite moments to name. I heard the morning guys from KISM cranking 'Drop Dead Legs' from last night's gig on their program this morning. An absolutely Vantastic way to end my July 4th weekend!

So basically the two people in this thread that were at the show, you and the Rolling Stone reporter liked it a lot more than the people who only saw it on YouTube smartphone footage...again.

Comment

• Whorehey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

That was 8 years ago and he brought his A game.
                      If that was his "A" game last night...

Something drastic needs to change before Van Halen the band's credibility is lost.

"Dirty Movies" and "Light Up The Sky" are right in his wheelhouse vocally. I'm sorry, but that was unlistenable.

I still think DLR in his prime is one of the greatest frontmen in rock. And that 1978/1984 produced six of my favorite albums.

I'm sorry, but I can't get on this train.
                      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        It's tuned to an open E chord... same tuning used by most guys who play slide guitar. Makes for easy 1-finger playing and Dave has a nice old-school, flat picking technique that he's always used.
                        Shut up, Zah.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Same thing I thought when someone mentioned the stage and lights.
                          Well kind of but I do think that this is the third tour now and they repeatedly have put a lot less $ and thought into that similar acts.

Who else at that level just wanders onto the stage at the start of an arena show?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Damn, Catfish is here two days in a row? He get paroled or something?
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Start watching this at 10 minutes as Ed works out a way to get across to Wolf.

I don't think you need to be an expert in body language psychology here...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

So basically the two people in this thread that were at the show, you and the Rolling Stone reporter liked it a lot more than the people who only saw it on YouTube smartphone footage...again.
                                Like I've said, going to a VH show is always a good time.

But as far as what people heard via youtube? Remember last tour when people kept saying "you can't judge what Dave sounds like from a youtube video!!" And then the live record came out...and it sounded exactly like the youtubes only clearer.

I'm hoping Dave's gonna get in shape vocally over the first few shows. There were plenty of good moments in the videos I've seen so far, plenty of clunkers too. But it is the first show, after all. The damn band sounds incredible.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...