Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 "Tribute" Tour with Dave, Al and Satch - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Tribute" Tour with Dave, Al and Satch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also what’s the incentive and motivation to make the effort to form a band and play? What are the spoils now? The illusion of the big break is gone too.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
      That last really cool thing that had any sort of vestige of rebellion was Billie Joe Armstrong melting down. I understand many here probably hate Green Day, but this is great:

Unfortunately he had to apologize and say he had addiction issues after and went in to rehab...
      He got drunk onstage and melted down, which is sort of rock and roll. Green Day were always Hot Topic shopping mall pop punk at best for me, but, yeah, for Green Day getting shitfaced and having a live freakout was SORT of cool...

Then he immediately apologized and went into rehab, both of which are lame yet simultaneously fitting, because Green Day was always lame.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
        Also what’s the incentive and motivation to make the effort to form a band and play? What are the spoils now? The illusion of the big break is gone too.
        Yep. True dat, yo!
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          Green Day = corporate punk for clueless suburbanites
          Someone somewhere described Foo Fighters as corporate bro rock, or Brah Rock. Or Dad Rock, a term Grohl embraces. I prefer Corporate Brah Rock. Meaningless piffle.

But Grohl always came off as a bit of a slightly douchey hipster to me even as far back as Nirvana. I remember the interviews he'd do while in Nirvana, and he struck me exactly as one of those upper-class rich kids in the late 1980s who became a 'Deadhead' after the Touch Of Grey single got popular. Little Jimmy Yuppie wearing a tie die and blathering on about how Jerry 'The Fat Buddah' Garcia was Jesus on Earth, because that was the fashion. One always knew that Grohl was never going to fall into a downward spiral of despair and kill himself or retire after Nirvana was over out of a sense of sadness and shock. There he was shortly after Nirvana ended, playing drums for Tom Petty. Not even Tom Petty when he was putting out decent tunes, either, but lame mid-1990s Tom Petty.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
            I don't hate Green Day, but after growing up in the 80's and being told that Green Day is "punk"...yeah, right.
            I don't even know why that punk moniker was affixed to Green Day in the first place outside of the look of the band: their music had zero to do with punk from what I heard.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
              I don't even know why that punk moniker was affixed to Green Day in the first place outside of the look of the band: their music had zero to do with punk from what I heard.
              Depends on what you want to consider "punk". As far as California punk bands go, they had much more in common with The Dickies than they did the Dead Kennedys or Black Flag. Compared with punk bands from elsewhere, they were closer to the Ramones than the Pistols or the Clash.

In reality, all these labels like "punk" or "grunge" or "alternative" are media creations anyway. If you think a band makes decent music, buy their records, if you think they suck, buy other records.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

He got drunk onstage and melted down, which is sort of rock and roll. Green Day were always Hot Topic shopping mall pop punk at best for me, but, yeah, for Green Day getting shitfaced and having a live freakout was SORT of cool...

Then he immediately apologized and went into rehab, both of which are lame yet simultaneously fitting, because Green Day was always lame.
                What’s so so punk about a band who’s name sounds like a golfing product or natural supplement? Crotch Crab Salad or Boink! are proper type of punk names.

Comment

Someone somewhere described Foo Fighters as corporate bro rock, or Brah Rock. Or Dad Rock, a term Grohl embraces. I prefer Corporate Brah Rock. Meaningless piffle.

But Grohl always came off as a bit of a slightly douchey hipster to me even as far back as Nirvana. I remember the interviews he'd do while in Nirvana, and he struck me exactly as one of those upper-class rich kids in the late 1980s who became a 'Deadhead' after the Touch Of Grey single got popular. Little Jimmy Yuppie wearing a tie die and blathering on about how Jerry 'The Fat Buddah' Garcia was Jesus on Earth, because that was the fashion. One always knew that Grohl was never going to fall into a downward spiral of despair and kill himself or retire after Nirvana was over out of a sense of sadness and shock. There he was shortly after Nirvana ended, playing drums for Tom Petty. Not even Tom Petty when he was putting out decent tunes, either, but lame mid-1990s Tom Petty.
                  The 90’s were some lame shit. Put society into a nose dive we never pulled out of. Grohl has become another Sammy Hagar. He won’t go away.

Comment

• I wouldn’t be surprised is Hagar and Grohl come out with a duet. It could be called Wet Dreams Between You and Me!

Comment

What’s so so punk about a band who’s name sounds like a golfing product or natural supplement? Crotch Crab Salad or Boink! are proper type of punk names.
                      I'd go with Crotch Crab Salad, myself.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised is Hagar and Grohl come out with a duet. It could be called Wet Dreams Between You and Me!
                        Hagar can babble his usual silliness for the verses like he always does, and Grohl can scream his usual silliness for the choruses like he always does.

They can get Taylor Hawkins' kid and Jason Bonham to both lay down drum tracks. Wolfgang can finger tap some guitar licks, and Sean Lennon can produce it.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                          Depends on what you want to consider "punk". As far as California punk bands go, they had much more in common with The Dickies than they did the Dead Kennedys or Black Flag. Compared with punk bands from elsewhere, they were closer to the Ramones than the Pistols or the Clash.

In reality, all these labels like "punk" or "grunge" or "alternative" are media creations anyway. If you think a band makes decent music, buy their records, if you think they suck, buy other records.
                          Can I think and do all that and still say Green Day suck my dry old man nutsack when they're not busy being punk posers?
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Hagar can babble his usual silliness for the verses like he always does, and Grohl can scream his usual silliness for the choruses like he always does.

They can get Taylor Hawkins' kid and Jason Bonham to both lay down drum tracks. Wolfgang can finger tap some guitar licks, and Sean Lennon can produce it.
                            It's coming but first Grohl will have to come out with his own line of chicken wing sauce, an energy drink tributed to his spastic dead drummer and his signature line of pubic hair shavers. Can't have pubes when Sammy is sucking your dick.

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Can I think and do all that and still say Green Day suck my dry old man nutsack when they're not busy being punk posers?
                                Well they could always play Cheap Trick covers instead....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X