X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc

Psycho Circus from Saturday's show. Hands down, best stage since the 1992 Revenge tour. The spider just looks fucking huge, menacing and intimidating. It's THE Monster. In terms of Paul's voice, it's a HUGE improvement from the last time they preformed that song in November of 2012 when he croaked through the entire song. Considering that Detroit Rock City is now one of the encores, he sounded good for that song too. However, if his voice begins to have issues with DRC being so late in the setlist, it's gonna be the opener again.
    Paul sounds a hell of a lot better here
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

That spider was cool. The songs are detuned so much they sound muddy and sludgy.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Karma86
        Groupie
        • Jan 2013

I got to attend the KISS convention in 1996 here in Minny. I have to say the best day ever! It was by invite only. I did a sign up for info at there concert a few months prior, (I haven't missed a KISS concert since 85).I got an invite by mail! I thought I was the shit because I was 1 of 500 lol. The convention had everything you could imagine. Including The members of KISS back then, it was Bruce Kulik, Eric Singer, Paul Stanley and of course Gene Simmons. Not less than a year later from that day they did a reunion tour and new album PSYCHO CIRCUS TOUR a year after that! There was a Q and A session, memorabilia, there costumes worn in every tour up to 81(Creatures). All of the toys ever made for kids. Lunch boxes. radios. dolls. and of course the original comics with yes a drop of there blood from a finger prick from each member. Yes Some one did ask that very question is it true, they laughed when asked. There was album cover concepts and old and new. Posters of tours that were used and not used. Any thing and everything you could ever ask for they had it! Also had an swap meet. Tradable items, toys, dolls, shirts, concert T's you name they had it. All available vinyl's to buy. The up close and personal was the best though you got to know them on a personal level and they didn't hold back I thought that was really cool. then to top off the evening they did a unplugged with requests! talk about doing it for the fans! I met Paul got a pic with him and Eric. Bruce an autograph. By the time I got to Gene Time ran out major disappointment there. Paul was my only focus (HOT!) lol. The end of the night was topped off with a KISS cover band they hand picked to travel the Convention tour with them. A total of 14 hours of KISS you couldn't ask for anything better than that!
        Last edited by Karma86; 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Karma86
          Groupie
          • Jan 2013

I AHHHHHGREEEE! one of my favorite albums hands down! Of didn't miss it was there Minny of course lol. I haven't missed a KISS concert since Animalize tour yes I was there lol fun times! Every song off of the Psycho album is awesome not one song on there I didn't like!

Comment

• Karma86
            Groupie
            • Jan 2013

I recently saw KISS/MOTLEY CRUE this last Summer here at the Minnesota State Fair. What better than that combo pack. Two of my all time favorite bands all combined into one show! I took my daughter for her birthday. Gotta say I brought up a great daughter with great taste in music! I took Her to her first KISS concert when she was 5 she is now 19 and has only missed one show (PSYCHO CIRCUS) in all of 14 years. We had so much fun and the show was SICK! The only disappointment if you would call it that. I don't, some would. Is KISS does the same show every time so predictable but fun. My daughter and I were announcing what's next before it was coming. The funniest thing ever was when my daughter decided to text my ex.The play by play Thayer doing Ace's trademark throw sparks and lightning from his guitar and proceeded to announce to any one that would hear her that's not Ace and Thayer should not do Ace's trademark work on stage. I was rolling the guy in front of us looked back at her and shook his head (obviously his first KISS concert) and She could care less what his look said it was hilarious. That's my daughter she is one for the original band cant say I blame her. I feel the same . However you cant fault the two original founders for keeping them ALIVE lol. There MONSTER cd is surprisingly very good. I love how they went back there roots and made it more like there classic sound. I can say that as good as KISS was Motley Crue blew KISS outta the water show wise talk about spot on they were good!.
            Last edited by Karma86; 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

This KISS MY ASS show from 1995 is probably their best show musically. The setlist was absolute KISS heaven. They did SO many deep cuts combined with old classic and new tunes. I mean Calling Dr. Love and Makin' Love followed by Tears Are Falling and Domino is juts a perfect balance between old and new KISS. And like Mitch Lafon said, Bruce Kulick was now officially "Bruce Kulick of KISS" instead of "Not Ace Frehley" If only Eric Carr was still alive for that preformance....

And they also proved that they can do an absolutley electrifying show without blowing up and setting fire to everything on stage. For the Japan 1995 tour they just broke out the old Animalize staging and some lights and that was it. It was unimpressive, but it did the job.
              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Karma86
                Groupie
                • Jan 2013

Rock-N-Roll hall of fame or bust!! They get the shaft year after year they deserve to be there hardest working rock band of all time! Madona gets in Kiss dont! Wtf people.where do they justify this shit!

Comment

• Karma86
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2013

That was a great show and right before there convention / reuniion tour.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I have no idea if anyone has ever seen this- apparently some guy is trying to get funding to make The Elder movie. Pretty good website, so he must be somewhat serious. You can help fund it if you have some spare $$$$...who knows? Maybe it makes a little money?
                    Although I'm kind of surprised that Gene isn't all over this. You know he's getting his cut. http://www.elderthemovie.com/
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Karma86
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2013

Happy Birthday Eric Carr RIP. What a drummer I loved his style great guy to had a great attitude! Cant go wrong with the fox face to it was original and he didn't have to steal Peters Identity!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Dude was very up tempo...great drummer

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

They're hitting a lot of smaller venues on this tour, along with the bigger arenas in the bigger cities....

Their show in Angel's country, in Regina, only has a capacity of ~6,000......
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ghey

BETH from anonymous content on Vimeo.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I just checked for their show in Ottawa next week, and I can still get a floor seat.

But I refuse to pay to see fakes in Ace and Peter's makeup.
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Styx+KISS=This.

Not bad actually. It also would have been pretty cool to hear JY do a cover of a Gene song like Deuce, Rock n' Roll All Nite, God of Thunder or even Unholy.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...