• Show
Clear All
  • speedking
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2007

Mike Says...

From Blabbermouth:

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has released the following update:

"I want to thank everyone for all the support you've shown me during the past months. It's all been pretty crazy, and I just wanted to bring you all up to speed.

"A lot of you have been asking about the upcoming VAN HALEN tour and my response to it. It's not that I'm not touring with VAN HALEN because I'm going out with Sammy [Hagar; former VAN HALEN frontman]. I'm going out with Sammy because I was not invited to do the VH tour. Sammy told me that if I was asked to be part of the VH tour and decided to do it, it would be totally cool, and it would not tarnish our friendship in the least!! Well, it's not to be, and life goes on. I'll still be out there with Sam, and I can't wait to do some partying with all of you.

"One last note from myself to all the VAN HALEN fans out there who will be attending their shows... Wolfgang [Van Halen, new VAN HALEN bassist and Eddie Van Halen's son] is a great kid, so don't judge him too harshly. I'm sure he'll do just fine!!"
  • Dave2007
    Roadie
    • Feb 2007

wow his boyfriend er sorry partner spambolina siad he could do the tour ha ha ha the sauce peddler is starting to make rip taylor look like Joe Montana

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

For the most part, Mike has said the "right" things over the years. This does not mean that he is being truthful. For example, a close friend of mine who was at NAMM told me that Mike was bashing Ed pretty good and I am sure that it was justified but then at the HOF Mike is kissing Ed's butt and saying that he loves Ed. Mike was the "nicest" guy in Van Halen and mostly said the right things but I think that often times his true feelings were different than what he would say through the media.

As far as Mike saying that Sammy said that it would be OK if he toured with VH and that it wouldn't affect their friendship, does this mean that if Sammy said that if Mike toured with VH that it WOULD ruin their friendship that Mike wouldn't tour with VH and would stick with Sammy instead? Is Mike saying that he would have needed Sammy's blessing if Mike was asked to be in VH? It sure sounds like it! Mike was the most level headed one in Van Halen but I don't buy this "Mike is an angel" crap that some people believe to be the case.
      Last edited by PlexiBrown; 08-21-2007, 09:18 PM.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

No matter what your opinion on MA is, that
        last comment (re: wolf)
        he made deserves some respect..
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• mewisemagic
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          No matter what your opinion on MA is, that
          last comment (re: wolf)
          he made deserves some respect..
          I agree that its a great statement,But it seems to me the guy is trying to tug at the heartstrings of the true VH fans.

I think that if Mike were truley worrried about being involed in this reunion...

A.He would have never toured with dickcheese aka(Sammy Hagar)

B.He would have offered condolences when Mrs.Van Halen passed away and..

C.When said tour with Dickcheese got off the ground he shouldnt have embarrased himself or anyone else thinking that he could take on lead singer duties covering the Roth era stuff..

Remember,Mike nor Sam ever thought that this reunion would ever see the light of day,Hence the reason of ripping off the lagacy.

Im not buying a line of his bullshit for a minute,The guy deserves exactly what he gets at this point in the game,

More Dickcheese!
          Last edited by mewisemagic; 08-21-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

he had to make a statement....too bad he didn't mention signing over all his rights...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
              Commando
              • Mar 2006

I agree that its a great statement,But it seems to me the guy is trying to tug at the heartstrings of the true VH fans.
              I agree. It was a cool thing to say and at the same time it was said to elicit the "what a great guy Mike is" response from the fans. Typical "I got fucked but I will play it off in the media like everything is great" response from Mike. I wonder if he had to get Sammy's permission to make this statement about Wolfgang. He is out of VH and he still has no balls. He no longer has to obey the Van Halen's so now he decides to be Sammy's bitch. Well, what do you expect from someone who signs away his rights. Again....zero balls.
              Last edited by PlexiBrown; 08-21-2007, 10:34 PM.
              And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Rat Salade
                Groupie
                • Aug 2007

Problem is both sides will give their versions. We'll never know what truley happened. Let it be and have a shot of whiskey for dave!
                "It seems like 40 days and 40 nights since someone used my first name, including you."

Comment

• mewisemagic
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                  I agree. It was a cool thing to say and at the same time it was said to elicit the "what a great guy Mike is" response from the fans. Typical "I got fucked but I will play it off in the media like everything is great" response from Mike. I wonder if he had to get Sammy's permission to make this statement about Wolfgang. He is out of VH and he still has no balls. He no longer has to obey the Van Halen's so now he decides to be Sammy's bitch. Well, what do you expect from someone who signs away his rights. Again....zero balls.
                  I agree again!

If the man had one nut in his britches he would have boycotted the brothers in 2004 for the paycut he had to take for doing the tour..

Or for not being allowed to participate in any of the 3 songs on "The Best Of 2"

But it seems to me that he took the easy way out and cuddled up to Sams cock or Monas Vag..etc

Seems alot like a corporate puppet too me!!

I could be wrong though...lol

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Mikey must have origanaly been forgiven for siding with Sammy and playing with him on the Sam and Dave tour.He was back for the last tour but something happened to split Van Hagar in half . Mikey chose his side and the rest is history.I thought Mikey bad mouthed Dave too much on the Sam and Dave show for Dave to want to bury the hatchet. I liked Daves vocals on strummin'and hope he takes the partying a little easier on tour .As far as Wolfie goes he should be pretty good ,hell his old man probably had him strumming bass and lead guitar before he was potty trained.Mike was an integral part of the first V H but as Dave said this is a new band.Please leave the keyboard at home it has no place in V H.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic

I think that if Mike were truley worrried about being involed in this reunion...

A.He would have never toured with dickcheese aka(Sammy Hagar)

B.He would have offered condolences when Mrs.Van Halen passed away and..

C.When said tour with Dickcheese got off the ground he shouldnt have embarrased himself or anyone else thinking that he could take on lead singer duties covering the Roth era stuff..

Remember,Mike nor Sam ever thought that this reunion would ever see the light of day,Hence the reason of ripping off the lagacy.

Im not buying a line of his bullshit for a minute,The guy deserves exactly what he gets at this point in the game,

More Dickcheese!

Wow ... MWM ... I ... agree?!?

Comment

• jgdrag
                        Sniper
                        • Jul 2005

Fuck bassplayer

Comment

• mewisemagic
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                          Wow ... MWM ... I ... agree?!?
                          Sweet....You guys trained me well....lmao!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by jgdrag
                            Fuck bassplayer
                            Yup!
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

I love mike, always, will
                              R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

Working...