X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ClubDave
    Roadie
    • Aug 2004

Panama

possibly vh's shining moment....let me elaborate.......i think if we wanted to get real specific and talk about the best musical moment in any cvh song........i would say the breakdown in panama is their finest moment.........the exoticness in eddies riff is so chill, it puts a smile on my face......and all the drama that builds up, especially by the time where dlr starts his little speech( "yeah were ridin a little bit hot tonight") and than it slowly picks up intensity......i love thta part, and i love that damn song, when you listen to that breakdown....listen to mikes bass line.....it really sounds awesome
  • TongueNGroove
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Yep, I have to agree. Panama is just an amazing song melodicaly. It has so many different feels in it.
    -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• Snow Ho
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

i know its overplayed alot- but i agree especially the interlude. its the first van HALEN song i heard (early 90's?) i only knew the name from that right now song and thought how can evh be praised in all these guitar magazines?? he doesn't even play guitar?

then i heard 'panama' and learned about the singer change and to my surprise at one time he WAS a guitar god.

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Re: Panama

Originally posted by ClubDave
        i think if we wanted to get real specific and talk about the best musical moment in any cvh song........i would say the breakdown in panama is their finest moment.........
        and all the drama that builds up, especially by the time where dlr starts his little speech( "yeah were ridin a little bit hot tonight") and than it slowly picks up intensity......i love thta part, and i love that damn song, when you listen to that breakdown....
        And when they played it live, ClubDave, they would PAUSE for a moment..........right at the peak ......before going back in with PANAMA!!!! The build to that crescendo....BRILLIANT!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

this is why it is so hard to choose a favorite classic VH tune.
          Just when I think I have all my favorites lined up...another beauty pops back up.

PANAMA!

the video is funny as hell, too
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• lms2

Panama is one of my least favorite Dave era tunes.

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

heh heh. panama is my all-time favorite song.

it really introduced me to rock at age 10. if i try to be unbiased, i still think it's a great song.

but i've got kind of a hero-worship thing going with it. no song will ever supplant it, no matter how good.

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

The song is so good I felt compeled to do a cover of it, no vocals of course.

Get it here
                Last edited by TongueNGroove; 10-01-2004, 03:55 PM.
                -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
                  The song is so good I felt compeled to do a cover of it, no vocals of course.

Get it here
                  Man, you sure suck. Don't quit your day job, TONGUE-IN-ASS.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

The video is great.

Comment

• interceptor
                      Groupie
                      • Aug 2004

Agree, favorite Van Halen song, period. Love the video, too, especially the beginning when you go from that plane nearly stalling to the intro. I actually have the promo poster for this song when it was released as a single, shows Dave in mid air with the boombox.

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                        Sniper
                        • Oct 2004

I fucking LOVE Panama... me and my girls have it on full blast in my kitchen when we're cooking dinner and my 13 year old always does the talking bit... her fave VH tune.. Classic, quality stuff!! Rock on!!!

Comment

• LickMyCream
                          Groupie
                          • Aug 2004

you mean the part where it goes....

you reach down put it between my legs?
                          http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=280283

Comment

• teamaa104

when i saw van hagar this summer, sammy gave the mic to the audience during the "yeah were ridin a little bit hot tonight" and the guy goes "sammy hagar is no david lee roth"

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                              Sniper
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by LickMyCream
                              you mean the part where it goes....

you reach down put it between my legs?
                              Huh!! scary but true... Kids agrowing up too damn fast today..

Pure 110% down and dirty CLASSIC Van Halen.. The dogs bollox!!!

Comment

Working...