• Show
Clear All
  • SweetSecrets
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

What Does History Teach Us?

An old e-article from CNN.com (Nov. 18th 2002) read,

"Not happy with Roth
    Hagar said the possibility of rekindling his friendship with the Van Halen brothers was his primary motivation for touring with Roth, but he quickly realized a reunion would be impossible.

"Seeing what kind of person Dave is, now I know why they have never been able to do the reunion with him because he is unreasonable," Hagar said. "He's a complete nut. He is not an average bear. He's on the moon. He's unreasonable and he's shot."

Roth, who stopped giving interviews halfway through the tour, was unavailable for comment.

Though the Hagar-Roth-Van Halen "happy family" reunion he had hoped for didn't pan out, Hagar believes he will eventually reunite with the band.

"To me it is inevitable," he said. "I am not saying it is in the oven right now, but I know it is inevitable. It's just a matter of time when Eddie and Alex get their lives together ... You can't let such a great band like that just go away and die."

-- Sammy Hagar on David Lee Roth "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this was interesting. Nobody ever seems to ask Dave for his versions of the story. It is obvious from Spammy's response in this article that there was some conjobing backing his reasons for touring with Dave in 2002.
    The article says, "Hagar said the possibility of rekindling his friendship with the Van Halen brothers was his primary motivation for touring with Roth."
    Could anyone disagree after reading this and knowing what we know now in 2004 regarding Van Halen? Spammy knew what he was doing when touring with Dave. I wonder what Dave was thinking when he entered into this tour with Spam. How did he not notice the existing beneath the surface. Why did Roth EVER agree to this?
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

I've seen this before...

Hagar is very calculated...

He's a salesman...

Dave also knew what he was doing...

For Edward to decide to go with Sam is way way beyond me...

I have no idea...

I say the Sam and Dave tour...

Dave was awesome, Sam was ok, I guess...

I just don't know...

Comment

• interceptor
      Groupie
      • Aug 2004

Yeah, I remember reading this back in the day, too....Sammy also said in the VH 1 "Sam and Dave show" that aired a year or two back that the only way to do a Van Halen reunion would be if both he and Dave were somehow involved together. You're right, Elvis. Sam IS a salesmen. The Sam and Dave tour did relatively well, a lot better than either of them could have done without the other. Maybe Sam was calculating that a VH reunion with both would REALLY rake in the bucks....as for Dave agreeing to do the Sam and Dave tour in the first place, I dunno. I'm glad he did, it was a cool show. He had several motivational reasons to tour with Sam: Back on the road in front of big crowds, show Ed and Al he still had the stuff, money, and probably most of all to try and put on a better performance than Sam each night to prove he's better.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by interceptor
        I'm glad he did, it was a cool show. He had several motivational reasons to tour with Sam: Back on the road in front of big crowds, show Ed and Al he still had the stuff, money, and probably most of all to try and put on a better performance than Sam each night to prove he's better.
        An' I believe to my soul he proved he's better than Sambo, the seccond-rate, half-ass Robert Plant wanna-be ain't nevah gonn' be...Dave looked better, sounded better, had a better setlist(infinitely better), had a better band, had a better show on the jumbo screen behind the stage--I went to two shows, have numerous bootlegs from the tour and Dave's pre-tour warm-ups(the unplugged live radio...the Dave Radio...the Radio Rodeos) an' Diamond Dave was spectacular...Sam was his usual mediocre barely competent self(as competent as a dog on two legs or a woman preaching...)--Dave's setlist alone stole the show...Dave had better lines...Dave didn't wear Capri pants...Sammy was God awful...playin' the worst of the pop Van Hagar catalog, too...meanwhile Diamond Dave is kicking ass with his thug pop...the KC show that I saw...Dave closed and it was TOUGH to sit through the Red Teletubbie's show...

Comment

• RogueHorseman
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          I've seen this before...

Hagar is very calculated...

He's a salesman...

Dave also knew what he was doing...

For Edward to decide to go with Sam is way way beyond me...

I have no idea...

I say the Sam and Dave tour...

Dave was awesome, Sam was ok, I guess...

I just don't know...

Sam was not the first choice...
          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• lms2

Yeah... you can say that again! :p

But then why?

Comment

• badhorsie

Whoa....how did you even compare Hagar to Plant? Even a halfassed plant.

Baffling.

Comment

• DLR ROCKS123
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jul 2004

Sam say's that Dave is a complete nut well Sam I say it's better than being a complete fag!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by badhorsie

Baffling.
                  I said he was a second-rate, half-ass Robert Plant wanna be. Sorry fo' yer bafflement. It happens.

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

I understand what your saying bro, but Spammy ain't a pimple on ROBERT PLANT's ASS!!! Spammy is more of a Steve Perry half-brother or Micheal Bolton's evil, UGLY, fat fraternal twin!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Fuck, I wasn't comparing Sammy to Robert Plant in a GOOD way. Sambo is more Lou Graham or the singer from Loverboy. But c'mon nah, he's always tried to have a Plant lid an' scream like Percy--but Sambo ends up screechin'. He's not even a cool as Plant wanna-be as Coverdale.

Comment

• EbDawson
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                        (as competent as a dog on two legs or a woman preaching)
                        Gotta remember that one!
                        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• EbDawson
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by badhorsie

Baffling.
                          Loons just said Spammy was a Plant wannabe.

I understood him. (Uh oh, I understood Loons, may need therapy)
                          "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• EbDawson
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2004

Re: What Does History Teach Us?

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
                            He is not an average bear.
                            -- Sammy Hagar on David Lee Roth "
                            Well at least Spammy's right about that. He should have quit there.

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Re: What Does History Teach Us?

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
                              "He is not an average bear. "

Right on EB. Spammy, on the OTHERHAND is COMPLETELY AVERAGE. His ENTIRE career has been, AT BEST, AVERAGE!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!

Comment

Working...