PDA

View Full Version : Dressin' like Dave

herbal_pixie
09-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I wanna be david lee roth for halloween...I've got some spandex, fake chest hair, but i'm wonderin if anyone has any other ideas to make this costume awesome... I was thinking of putting a sock in my pants, but i might get kicked out of school that way :(

badhorsie
09-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Well you gotta get the moves down.

Walk/Talk/move with ATTITUDE.

You could also just walk around with some chaps on, no pants underneath them of course. (you'll get kicked out though, lol)

If you're witty and funny you could probably pull it off.

lms2
09-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Ya got to have a couple of beautiful babes and a midget to follow you around all day. Okay, midget is optional.

SoCalChelle
09-05-2004, 09:58 PM
I've got plenty of DLR pictures. If you want me to post some, just say the word.

Loons The Great
09-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Also, yer homework will be to watch all the Dolemite and Shaft movies. And Superfly. And all the Ali/Frazier fights. And a lot of Little Rascals. And The Seven Samuri and a whole lotta Bruce Lee. And maybe a Black Oak Arkansas, a James Brown, and a Wilson Pickett video.

Matt White
09-06-2004, 12:41 AM
I'd start with the RED bandana around the neck. Next, try and find some white Fuzzy/hairy looking boots, like he had for the 1980 tour. You could possibly find a 1982-3 t-shirt from the HIDE YOUR SHEEP TOUR on E-BAY, with the Lion rippin' thru the CLASSIC VH log. The lion is wearin' shades. That would be a very good start!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

tobinentinc
09-06-2004, 02:06 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I am nowhere near as thin as Dave, so I'm going for the wig, Pilot sunglasses, and funky 80's attire. No assless chaps for me though.

smaz
09-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Carry round a bottle of Jack Daniels. Get rid of the lid, 'coz Dave wouldn't need it. He'd have finshed it by the time he wants to put it anywhere.

DLR'sCock
09-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Years ago, in 1986, I was David Lee Roth, but I did the Eat Em' and Smile(Yankee Rose video) cover version...it was kool, my friend was an artist and did the make up very well....and I got all sorts of feathers, beads, necklaces, etc etc, that were tribal looking, a big spear, etc etc.....and I was brave enough to go out on a cold Halloween night(to a bunch of parties, and did I have fun) in only a make shift loin cloth for full effect....

walterswoodman
09-06-2004, 05:03 PM
watch the 83 Us Festival Video with the pre/party.
aka mark goodman interviewing dave,

TwoFoolsAMinute
09-06-2004, 06:47 PM
When I was in Junior High, my friend dressed as DLR, and I was Steve Vai. His DLR costume was unmistakable. Spandex pants, DLR shirt, and an Eat Em and Smile Facepaint and headdress made from several colors of feather duster. It was fuckin cool! I just carried around a guitar wearing rock star fatigues.