PDA

View Full Version : Kerry supports Van Hagar, Bush is pro Roth

monkeythe
09-06-2004, 01:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/blog/08/30/gop.blog/index.html

The bipartisan Van Halen
Posted: 9:20 p.m. ET
From Todd Leopold, CNN.com

You'd think Republicans and Democrats wouldn't be able to agree on much in the way of music. Democrats, judging from performers at the Democratic convention and various rallies, are hip-hop and '60s baby boomer; Republicans are country and light rock.

But one band has produced music to satisfy both sides, notes CNN's David De Sola: Van Halen.

The Kerry campaign used the group's song "Right Now" at the Democratic convention in late July (and continues to use the song at campaign rallies). Tonight, the Republicans trotted out Van Halen's 1984 hit "Jump" to introduce skydiving former President George H.W. Bush.

However, they're still divided on one thing: lead singers. "Right Now" was a Sammy Hagar-sung tune; "Jump" is from the David Lee Roth era.

monkeythe
09-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Sorry guys, I just noticed that this article was up in the front line discussion.

FORD
09-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Please kill this duplicate and misleading thread.

Sammy Hagar donated $2000 to the BCE campaign. Case closed.

King VH
09-06-2004, 10:55 PM
so what, good for him. his music may blow, but he's smart on his politics!!!!! Ah hell who am i kidding. Sammy's gay!

King VH
09-06-2004, 10:55 PM
bush4prez

freak
09-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Please kill this duplicate and misleading thread.

Sammy Hagar donated $2000 to the BCE campaign. Case closed.

I sense a moral dilemma brewing from within, Ford.

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by King VH
bush4prez

ritalin

Panamark
09-07-2004, 02:50 AM
(Warning, ignorant Aussie who knows nothing about US politicians alert)

Kerry uses Right Now ?? Kerry is obviously gay. :p

King VH
09-08-2004, 01:06 AM
how come i say bush 4 prez and somehow i need ritalin? who the hell are you to even speak to me.

King VH
09-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
(Warning, ignorant Aussie who knows nothing about US politicians alert)

Kerry uses Right Now ?? Kerry is obviously gay. :p

5 stars panamark!

fanofdave
09-08-2004, 09:01 AM
HAGAR FOR KERRY
A LOSER FOR A LOSER

LoungeMachine
09-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by King VH
how come i say bush 4 prez and somehow i need ritalin? who the hell are you to even speak to me.

I'll speak to any uneducated mouthbreathing little dolt I choose to.

bummer huh?

h

Coyote
09-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe

The bipartisan Van Halen

You'd think Republicans and Democrats wouldn't be able to agree on much in the way of music. Democrats, judging from performers at the Democratic convention and various rallies, are hip-hop and '60s baby boomer; Republicans are country and light rock.

But one band has produced music to satisfy both sides, notes CNN's David De Sola: Van Halen.

The Kerry campaign used the group's song "Right Now" at the Democratic convention in late July (and continues to use the song at campaign rallies). Tonight, the Republicans trotted out Van Halen's 1984 hit "Jump" to introduce skydiving former President George H.W. Bush.

However, they're still divided on one thing: lead singers. "Right Now" was a Sammy Hagar-sung tune; "Jump" is from the David Lee Roth era.

(Another foreigner dabblin' with the dark arts of U.S. politics)
And I thought Kerry was an ok candidate... Hey, ya never know.

DLR_EngineRoom
09-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe

The bipartisan Van Halen