PDA

View Full Version : How many times has Hagar embarrassed himself publicly?

Don Corleone
09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
I was wondering today, how many examples we could find of Spam publicly embarrassing himself.

Some are obvious, namely the Van Hagar catalogue. But what about the wisdom of Spam (or lack of it).

For example we have this gem taken from an interview just after BOV1 was released:

But those two new songs they did [on Greatest Hits, Volume 1] were shit. Those were the worst songs Van Halen made in twenty years. And let me give you another piece of information about one of them, I wrote that song with Van Halen.

Yes thats right. First he say's it sucks, then claims to have written one of the songs.

If you've got any others (quotes, pics etc), then share them here.

Carmine
09-07-2004, 01:51 PM
I dont know if anyone else heard the Stern Show on Labor Day, but it was a "best of" from 98. They had sam on there talking about Gary, the breakup, Dave on the MTV Awards, how he would never do a greatest hits tour etc etc etc. LIAR< LIAR.

Interesting to hear now, considering...

Don Corleone
09-07-2004, 03:04 PM
That was the interview with the "I would only get back with Van Halen for the money" quote

Carmine
09-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
That was the interview with the "I would only get back with Van Halen for the money" quote

correct! " I wouldn't go back with Van Halen unless I was broke and needed the money or if they wanted to do like a live-aid or something and give all the money away, I'd do that."

hmmm, guess he's broke!

Don Corleone
09-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Well he does go through food like Ed goes through Alcohol

David Van Via
09-07-2004, 03:57 PM
"If they called me up, I would puke."

Is this the only thing he ever said. When I typed in Sammy Hagar quotes on google that's all I got.

It should be more like:

"If I eat any more, I will puke"

dave_is_vh
09-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Well he does go through food like Ed goes through Alcohol

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the way Dave goes through beautiful women!

BARE BONE
09-07-2004, 08:51 PM
He does a good job every night he plays that cunt!

Matt White
09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Spammy embaresses himself EVERY time he leaves the house and opens his COCKSUCKER!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

Don Corleone
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
How could we forget this one...... The Alien Abduction (Spam's anal probe).

lms2
09-08-2004, 01:35 PM
How many times has Hagar embarrassed himself publicly?

How many times has Hagar appeared in public?

John Holmes
09-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Yes thats right. First he say's it sucks, then claims to have written one of the songs.

Well, at least you have to agree he was honest. Him writing a song and that song sucking is an inevitable and direct consequence.

John Holmes
09-08-2004, 02:20 PM
He does looks quite constipated in this picture, doesn't he?

http://www.ufalocal94.org/firelines/2003/fl_june_03/graphics/s_hagar.jpg

I wonder where was he playing. It looks like a public park, like where junkies get a fix.

Look at him here, with braids!!!

http://www.sonictonic.com/RicMonPics/Cabo2003/Cabo%202003%201%20010.jpg

Makes me wonder who's fatter...Mikey or Sammy? Surely Wolfie doesn't have good role models around, that's maybe why he's got so fucking fat.

One of the most embarassing things I've seen from Hagar is this, though:

( good Lord, look at his pants!!! Lobsters??? )

http://samiz.com/Hagar.jpeg

guwapo_rocker
09-08-2004, 04:24 PM

Davidsgrl
09-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by lms2

Brilliant!!!

Loons The Great
09-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Law'd Law'd Law'd...'em Sheep always wonder why we mention Sammy and his awful catalog of tunes so much...WELL, GOD DAMN--there's an' endless supply of bad hair, bad outfits, bad songs, bad quotes, bad body fat %, bad songs, bad lines, bad interviews, an' o' yez...bad SONGS-a...well well well...that Cabo Wabo Elimidate thing...WTF??

Nice yellow nurse scrubs, ya trip-trappin' troll.

Panamark
09-09-2004, 08:44 AM
His exaggerated Sales figures are another obvious one.

David Van Via
09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by lms2

That post is just sheer greatness!!!

Terry
09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
In a 2004 interview in Classic Rock magazine, Hagar claimed to have played over 5,000 solo concerts since leaving Van Halen in 1996.

Never mind that he'd been out of the band for slightly under 8 years at that point.........somewhere around 2,800 days.

GAR
09-09-2004, 06:49 PM
"One of the biggest mistakes a musical act can make is to not present a unified image to the public." - Chas Chandler c.1968

Van Hagar suffers from three guys who look out of place dressed in cool-casual street clothes, behind a singer who would look perfectly in place for a new McDonalds' PlayPen Grand-opening with his all-Red/all-Yellow Ronald McDonald FastFOOD™ colors AND THAT EMBARRASES ME TO SAY "I Like Van Halen" in public..

Dave wouldn't put up with that shit and I don't know why Ed tolerates the Red Rocker costuming: what does it signify?

Is that supposed to be cool? Like as in, NASCAR or something, the driver wears colorful colors and patches and therefore cool?

I don't get it - DEVO made the red-yellow thing New Wavish looking and that was 1980-81. Is this Sammy's way of thinking also regarding what he considers cool, hip and newwave? If so somebody (and it ain't gonna be me cuz I couldgiveashit) please show Sam a calendar THEN KICK HIM IN HIS SOCKDRAWER

Don Corleone
05-15-2005, 06:01 AM
I think we need this thread back

Terry
05-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Problem is, Sam seems to think he's cool, and always has, so it's not like he ever gets embarrassed by what he says or does. The guy is always wearing a shit-eating grin, and you know he thinks he's the bomb. People with no sense of self-awareness ever get embarrassed. I mean, the guys still making money, still has little to no talent. People are still paying to see him live, visit his clubs and drink his booze, so why's he gonna think he's anything other than great?

Only way he's ever gonna get embarrassed is if someone interviews him and actually calls him on the many misstatements he's made regarding Van Hagar record sales vs. CVH sales, and comes at him with an inquiry like "Van Hagar had 4 albums that placed #1 in the billboard chart, yet Van Halen with Roth outsold Van Hagar 2 to 1. There are many Van Halen fans out there who clearly have a preference for Roth singing with the band, and just flat-out think you helped pussify Van Halen with a bunch of lightweight, sentimental lyrics. What do you think about that?"

superdave
05-15-2005, 05:46 PM
is the 3rd guy sitting with sam and mike part of the new circle jerk supergroup?

Nickdfresh
05-15-2005, 07:16 PM
His new piece of shit single is possibly the worst, most pathetic, load of horsehockey I have ever heard from a major artist. Nothing more than an embarrassing Cabo schilling crappy jingle, "I'll Take You There?" I'll take you to hell motherfucker!

superdave
05-15-2005, 07:18 PM
the scary thing is that Sam thinks he is a rock star--how delusional...

fret_buzz_blues
05-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, he embarrased ME by saying he's Mexican! What the fuck?

LadyTudor2711
05-15-2005, 08:40 PM
I was wondering today, how many examples we could find of Spam publicly embarrassing himself.

Some are obvious, namely the Van Hagar catalogue. But what about the wisdom of Spam (or lack of it).

For example we have this gem taken from an interview just after BOV1 was released:

Sammy embarasses himself every time he shows his ugly mug in public; especially when he has a mic in his hand.

He sickens me..

Best,

LT

If you've got any others (quotes, pics etc), then share them here.