• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Susie Q
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Back to School

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

I don't know about you all...but jesus, what a long summer this was!
    Kids driving me outta my tree this year. Both kids at each others throat...fight, pick, etc.

AMEN to the school fairy.

Really...

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
    ~Susie Q 2009
  • SoCalChelle
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

My youngest is a Senior this year. Gawd, I can't believe it.
    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
    Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Susie Q
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SoCalChelle
      My youngest is a Senior this year. Gawd, I can't believe it.
      Yah....it goes by fast, that's for sure. My boy starts Middle School (6th grade) and my baby girl goes to 3rd. They are finally knocked out, sleeping...Mommy's listening to Romeo Delight right now and unwinding before I collapse for the evening. I am quite enjoying myself at present.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
      ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• SoCalChelle
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Just can't believe that this time next year, my baby will be going off to college. I mean, it's ridiculous! He's just a baby for cryin out loud! *sigh*

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

My first day of classes was today. Law of Communications. And I have homework already.

Most of the rest of my classes are bullshit -- digital publishing (playing on the computer), computer graphics 2 (more playing on the computer), screenwriting (writing stories is nothing), 20th Century Women in politics (teacher is the only easy A), and Collecting Culture (about people who collect stuff, like Pez dispensers)

Man, If I don't get at least 5 A's, I obvious slacked off too much. lol!
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Just can't believe that this time next year, my baby will be going off to college. I mean, it's ridiculous! He's just a baby for cryin out loud! *sigh*
            and unless he goes for Pharm or medical school, college flies by fast too. Faster than high school it seems.

This time next year I won't be in school. That's kinda weird Altho, I've been thinking maybe I should go for my teaching license. I'd make a cool history teacher.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Susie Q
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

LOL....well...you WILL ace those classes no doubt. My kids go tomorrow. Thank Christ. Praise Allah, and everyone else who had anything to do with it. LOL

~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

my brother doesn't go back til the 13th, which sucks because now me and Bry have no alone time the entire time he's here until Monday morning before he leaves. Stupid NYC educational system!
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  Collecting Culture (about people who collect stuff, like Pez dispensers)
                  Oh man, there's a class for that? I'd LOVE that!

Although, I guess the point of the class is probably "Look at all these weirdos collecting crap." and I'd be sitting there saying, "LOOK AT ALL THE COOL SHIT THEY'VE GOT!!!"

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

There's a bunch of classes like that that honors holds. To get an honors diploma in my school, you have to be admitted to the honors program, take their freshman sequence in english, philosophy, and history. Then you have to take 3 honors electives. They had one two semesters ago about fashion and clothes. This semester there was one about the different sections (downtown, midtown, the village) of Manhattan, and one about mob movies like The Godfather series, Goodfellas, and The Sopranos. I was going to take that course, but it was nothing but huge term paper and huge term paper, and that would ruin everything for me. Unless it was Saturday Night Fever. Been dying to make a class about that and 70s NYC. But no...not academic enough.

The, of course, there are all the really academic ones, like the one about War and Peace, and then the other about Irish Lit. I try to stay away from those. I've had all my literature classes and being forced to read ruins books for me.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Susie Q
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

I know....my youngest is only 7, and I call her my baby. She will be 60, and I will still call her the baby....LOL.

*Mothers support system*

~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                        screenwriting (writing stories is nothing)
                        but writing something that people actually want to read/watch is hard work.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I was hoping this was gonna be a thread dedicated to the classic 1986 Rodney Dangefield movie!

Comment

• Susie Q
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                            I was hoping this was gonna be a thread dedicated to the classic 1986 Rodney Dangefield movie!
                            BAH! I am just stoked that I have peace in the valley right now. To the point I am past my bedtime by like oh...3 hours now.

~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• David Van Via
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

I started college 2 days ago (Monday). It feels really really weird going from 3 months of Fun, Booze, Work and Band practices. To going back to working with computers, However it's alright because mostly all we do in my course is look at the Roth Army, play online games and Download stuff onto our cameras and other devices (The college transfrers files at over 400k)!!
                              Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

Working...